Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silly Season

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I know I'm a Cornett homer since they are a Kentucky outfit, but Richards wouldn't miss a beat switching back to them. Those guys and Clements have been so consistent for so long.
    If I had a car, it'd have a Cornett in it. They build a very solid motor and have had an insane amount of success over the years.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    If I had a car, it'd have a Cornett in it. They build a very solid motor and have had an insane amount of success over the years.
    Cornett has been at the top of the sport since wedge cars were new technology. They build excellent bullets for both the bow tie and blue oval crowds. They also won at least one crown jewel this year (Marlar, Late Model Nationals).
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Same can be said about Clements Engines as well.
    Very reliable on the dirt ovals

Durability is the first and most important thing looked at when it comes to the power plant sitting under the hood, why would Bloomquist switch to anything other than what he has now? Not many bad durability stories out of the Durham camp.

Bloomer and Josh both had great years with Durham...why switch?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I never said it was either of them, maybe I worded it wrong. It is a top tier team that follows a tour. And it's nothing against Durham at all. Just going back to their old builder.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Silly season has been taken over by 4m and is no longer just a " season"........
    Here! Here!
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I never said it was either of them, maybe I worded it wrong. It is a top tier team that follows a tour. And it's nothing against Durham at all. Just going back to their old builder.
    Earl Pearon Jr/Dunn-Benson?

Jeff, I usually agree with 90% of what you post on this board.....BUT in this case I feel the polar opposite about having a third national seies. The sport is just fine with the LOLMS & WoO along with the strong handful of the current traveling series,..... I just don't think there is enough owners/cars to support a third. My two cents.

Im curious to see what it will look like.......per DoD article a few weeks back:

When the 2017 season kicks off, Bloomquist expects to be rolling down the road in a brand new, one-of-a-kind truck and trailer. “We’ve got a new rig being done by Turnkey Industries out of Houston, Texas, that will be done this winter and we’ll start next year with it,” he said. “We spent so much time on the design and layout of it to make it race- and user-friendly, and I think it’s gonna make a big difference for us.”

Maybe it will have a clock in it that keeps accurate time so he will be on time.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Maybe it will have a clock in it that keeps accurate time so he will be on time.
    Maybe it can drive itself to the track
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Maybe it can drive itself to the track
    Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post

I just dont see it ever happening guys with Bloomerquist getting to the track on time.... He likes the Attention to much so he will continue to make his Grand Late entrances to the track.....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Is Bloomquist going back to Vic Hill?
    That may be the funniest thing I've ever read!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I just dont see it ever happening guys with Bloomerquist getting to the track on time.... He likes the Attention to much so he will continue to make his Grand Late entrances to the track.....
    While I agree he likes the attention, no one wants to be there that late.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    He loves the attention, no doubt, but it can definitely affect his performance in a negative manner sometimes. I think he understands that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    That may be the funniest thing I've ever read!!!
    I was wondering if anybody would catch that...lol

Did somebody say silly season is slow?

"Did somebody say silly season is slow?"

Ha Ha I am the original poster with that question......I'd say Silly Season is now in FULL BLOOM with the Richards news!!!!!!

I predict BBQ-Boy goes back to KC Masterpiece sauce... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019