Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Dirt Oval @ Route 66 Raceway (Joliet, Illinois).

Sherri Heckenast just posted this on Facebook a little bit ago.
    IF YOUR ON FACEBOOK PLEASE SHARE THIS POST.
    https://www.facebook.com/slheckenast...11481128892952
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 11-14-2016 at 11:29 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

link is broke

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    link is broke
    I check it later. As of now link works for me. Go to her Facebook page to see what was posted.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    I check it later. As of now link works for me. Go to her Facebook page to see what was posted.
    Or maybe just keep it a secret?????

i think its a secret

I told everybody to stay tuned that this was going to happen back in February. So now all you negative people might want to start listening to this "OL AZZ DUDE". Thank you Sherri and any help you need just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bbmft View Post
    I told everybody to stay tuned that this was going to happen back in February. So now all you negative people might want to start listening to this "OL AZZ DUDE". Thank you Sherri and any help you need just ask.

Yes sometimes the big bad mother f"r knows what he's talking about lol, sorry I meant "OL AZZ DUDE"

Did I miss something or are people reading into their post? I gather they're making the track smaller, which is excellent And already had a WoO race scheduled, which is great. But what's the hype over? Some posts on their Facebook page make it sound like they've announced they're racing weekly (Are you running 4-cylinders? What sanctioning body?).

Glad to see they're resurrecting the place, but anything beyond the one show?

the fact they are racing i think instead of demo derbies or added to it i would guess

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    Did I miss something or are people reading into their post? I gather they're making the track smaller, which is excellent And already had a WoO race scheduled, which is great. But what's the hype over? Some posts on their Facebook page make it sound like they've announced they're racing weekly (Are you running 4-cylinders? What sanctioning body?).

Glad to see they're resurrecting the place, but anything beyond the one show?
    From what I've heard there will be multiple racing shows. Track will be a 3/8's mile when the work is complete.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

This is good that had to be the worst shaped track for a 1/2 mile for dirt that i have ever seen..It had 2 long and 2 short straits in it and 4 sharp turns.. and it $ucked for dirt cars....It was punch the gas turn punch the gas turn punch the gas turn and now you just in turn 3 Who ever set it up did not know a thing about dirt,... The new set up looks like it will be much better...
    There was room for 1 car in the turns and I mean 1 car.. If you were a car on the out side 3 cars pasted you in the turn...
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 11-21-2016 at 06:30 PM. Reason: spelling and had too ADD

Cardirt, sounds like you are describing the track in Pecatonica?

Quote Originally Posted by Babbfan View Post
    Cardirt, sounds like you are describing the track in Pecatonica?
    Never been there but if its the same racing had to $uck there then too...2 times I have been to 66 the drivers all said worst track they ever seen...Right after that last race they stopped racing there...

Wonder if Bloomquist would ever race there? After the fiasco at KLMS where she didn't allow him in the feature, he said he wouldn't race there again. Wonder if this would carry over to Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    Never been there but if its the same racing had to $uck there then too...2 times I have been to 66 the drivers all said worst track they ever seen...Right after that last race they stopped racing there...
    Not trying to hijack the thread.

Gary, I went to Pecatonica several times over the years for both the Badger Midgets and the late models and we saw some very good racing there from time to time. I remember one night Kevin Weaver and Steve Boley go at it tooth and nail for the lead almost all the way through the feature.

I also remember seeing some pretty good USAC sprint car racing at Chicagoland. For whatever reason the dirt late models didn't put on as good of a show up there. Hopefully the track reconfiguration will help that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Wonder if Bloomquist would ever race there? After the fiasco at KLMS where she didn't allow him in the feature, he said he wouldn't race there again. Wonder if this would carry over to Chicago?
    that show in October being a outlaw I highly doubt it

Year's ago, they had Hav a Tampa race's there.. 3 days in a row.. and a race the night before the Fairbury Prairie Dirt.. .. but when a track only has maybe 2-3 races a year, it will not be up to par.. the track did not have a late model there in a lot of year's.. but they had Demo's there, ( demolition derbys) every month for years... .. 3/8 th would be the ideal size... it is a great facility, BUT with all the demo's, there could be a lot of "junk" in the racing surface .. hope they could figure that out for the junk to be removed ?.. If I remember right. Ed Dixon won the first late modem feature there.. And I also think Bloomer won a feature there Too ?.. with HAT.. maybe they could have a Summer Nationals race there... ?.. I wish all the luck for Sheri Heckanast and crew.. It would be great for dirt race'a again in the Chicagoland area again.. what ever went wrong with the past is then.. this is now.. Let's all give this place a real chance now, with a racing family that know's what the are doing..
    Thank You ! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread.

Gary, I went to Pecatonica several times over the years for both the Badger Midgets and the late models and we saw some very good racing there from time to time. I remember one night Kevin Weaver and Steve Boley go at it tooth and nail for the lead almost all the way through the feature.

I also remember seeing some pretty good USAC sprint car racing at Chicagoland. For whatever reason the dirt late models didn't put on as good of a show up there. Hopefully the track reconfiguration will help that situation.
    The track worked fine for the sprints but it was not good for late models.. 2 Sprints could go in to the turn side by side . but it did not work for the lates... Ask Erb he was there and he said worst track he ever ran at and you dont here Dennis say much bad on any thing....
    Last edited by Cardirt0; 11-24-2016 at 12:02 PM.