Thread: Pullbar shaft

Default Pullbar shaft

I noticed on my car that the pull bar shift is bent. It bent between the jam nuts. I have no idea why. Talk to chassis manufacturer and he gave me ideas but I can't find any thing out of place.

The only thing I can figure is that maybe there was not enough thread going Into the tube. Anyone have any other ideas?

And I need to find a new shift. Mines 3/4 " by 10.5" long. I can find d shorter ones.

local machine shop can probably shorten yours to whatever length you want or make you one out of whatever material you want.
    if there is a distance between 2 jam nuts and it is threaded, it will more than likely bend somewhere in the threaded portion. Got a car in shop right now with a BSB pull bar on it and it is bent between jam nuts on shaft like you are saying.
    I am getting it set to proper pinion angle and cutting a sleeve to fit over threaded portion. if that does not work i will have a new shaft made for it.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Are you referring to the swedge tube being bent?
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

no. the actual shaft in the pullbar

you need to look for binds or any chance of contact with other components. we use the bsb bars on all of our car and have never had one ( or any other brand ) bend without a reason. The 3/4 shaft is more than sufficient to carry the load unless there is an issue. The number one problem we see is guys running a J-bar with to much drop or a lot of rake and it getting into the pull bar or it getting into the interior, with the load they are under already it doesn't take a lot to bend them when they hit or even rub something. we have also seen some cars with excessive angle and that can cause a problem under braking. Also if it runs way off center that will put undo stress on it under braking. the biggest tail is to pay close attention as to what direction it is bent that will generally tell you the story. if either of you would like to call me especially if its a problem with a BSB bar give me a call any time I work with them verry close on product tech help and like to help when I can. ask for Erik 573-330-8462 Good luck!!
    EFR Motorsports / Team EERC
    www.teameerc.com
    erik@teameerc.com
    573-330-8462
    6103 Highway DD
    Farmington Mo 63640