Thread: LRF Shock

Default LRF Shock

I want to try a LRF shock to help keep the car hiked. Gotta be non-adjustable oil shock. Can someone point me in the right direction for what I need to get?

I would start with about a 5 compression 0 rebound. These numbers being somewhat arbitrary as all shock valving numbers are. Just keep in mind that you are going to lose some initial LR drive by adding a shock to the front.

Am I correct in thinking that a LR traction shock with a high compression number would encourage the rear suspension to 'pogo stick' on a rough track? I have to think that you would lose traction with that rear end bouncing up and down...
    Last edited by Krooser; 12-26-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that a LR traction shock with a high compression number would encourage the rear suspension to 'pogo stick' on a rough track? I have to think that you would lose traction with that rear end bouncing up and down...
    Yes and no. When the bars are driving the chassis up in the lr corner, you have basically a rigid construction anyway. But yes, over damping is bad for traction.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Matt… I may have an AFCO shock that will work for you. I bought a box of shocks and all the Afco's are 5-0, 6-0 etc. They have the old style piston dsign but can be converted to shim stack technology… cheap to you!
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019