Thread: Bms #728

Default Bms #728

I bought a 2011 BMS modified, chassis number 728. I was told it was a "challenger", but I've heard from others that they went to just building the dmr cars in 2010? Anybody know anything about these things?

If the front roll cage down bars are bent and go down to the main frame in one piece, it would be a DMR. They also had cross-shaft mount upper a-arms as well.

The older BMSs before DMRs had split mount adjustable upper a-arms, and the front down bars were in two pieces, split by the cross bar.

There are a lot of other differences as well, but those are easy ones to spot. This is all off of memory from seeing them though, so I may be wrong. I don't remember when they started building them either, but it was the year after Murray drove a Victory

EDIT: I looked at some pictures and Murray had a DMR in 2010, so they were built then
    Last edited by TS3g; 11-16-2016 at 03:48 PM.

If that is Aj Wards old car that is indeed a challenger. That was purchased originally by Holman. Then Stemler had it before Aj. That is a good car. The dmr cars have dmr welded on the chassis next to the chassis number.

It is aj wards old car.

Is there a way to verify it is a 2011? Does anyone have a number for BMS? I tried getting on there website a while back but it was down. I heard they were sold.

It is in fact a 2011. My old one was chassis 716 and it was built late 2010 but considered an 11. It was the intimadator tho.

Bms has been sold. First Class Chassis by Xtreme are the new owners. Not sure of a number but I know they are still building the BMS with a couple small changes. Best person to deal with for tech support is Joel Smith at Close racing. 8142253250. He has been very helpful for BMS guys in Michigan.
    Last edited by dirtmod21; 11-17-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Thank you very much everyone!

Jimmy Reeves is building the BMS cars not at Xtreme in Great Bend, KS. The shop number is (620) 796-2290. He will be able to help you out

my 2008 or 2009 was #608 so I think its reasonable that is an 11 or 12, I think I have a setup sheet for it if you need one... but that car was really fast, I wouldnt change a thing.

I drove it a couple of times, it was really unpredictable and hard to drive so i set it on the scales. Had 378# of bite in it lol. Aj sold it to another guy who sold it to me so I'm sure stuff was changed.

I just bought what I was told is a 2008 with frame number 538.

Any help with set up would be helpful, I'm turning this back to an A-mod from sport mod so bar lengths and such would be helpful!

I don't have the challenger setup sheet but I can forward you the dmr BMS setup sheet if you pm me your email address. Also, Ryan Sebo/Sebo Motorsports is a lot of help with BMS cars. Give him a call at 17017203889 as well as Joel Smith mentioned above.

sent PM thanks!