Default Jim Dunn Memorial

The race is heading to Midway Speedway in Crooksville Ohio. 10 grand to win. Date to be determined.
    8/13/16

Bad decision IMO. The race was great at Ohio Valley. I get that Jim Dunn had ties to Midway, just don't care for that track or facility. I'll still probably check this race out though.

Ohio Valley is a lot better than Midway. IMO the race should be held at the raciest track possible and Midway typically isn't very good.

Midway has a great surface. The best red clay in the world.
    The Dunn Memorial belongs there.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

Quote Originally Posted by welderron105 View Post
    Midway has a great surface. The best red clay in the world.
    The Dunn Memorial belongs there.
    No, not even close.

Midway sucks compared to Ohio Valley. Midway is a dump!

The fact of the matter is, is the Jim Dunn Memorial belongs at Midway. Nothing against the Valley at all but I'm glad it has returned to where is should be run. The racing this year at Midway was fantastic. Here's the link to the Topless show. It was a dandy. https://youtu.be/wRAG9vt0fOc

track lighting is poor

Well they had a good thing going at the valley nice turn out they made money ect, If I was wayne and the vincents if they wanted to come back I would say no way ,just keep it up north . jim ran many Saturday nights at the valley so he was part of this area also ,wish them no bad luck but they can count me out.

But Midway has always held the Dunn besides the years that the track was closed. It's just Midways race just like the Harvest 50 belongs at Skyline. Moving it for good just wouldn't be right. Midway will also have a great turn and will also make money. I don't think there is any hard feeling between Ohio Valley and Midway & or Gibby. His $5,000 to win King show is back to the Valley in September.

Quote Originally Posted by OVDTR.com View Post
    But Midway has always held the Dunn besides the years that the track was closed. It's just Midways race just like the Harvest 50 belongs at Skyline. Moving it for good just wouldn't be right. Midway will also have a great turn and will also make money. I don't think there is any hard feeling between Ohio Valley and Midway & or Gibby. His $5,000 to win King show is back to the Valley in September.
    Ever hear of if it isn't broke don't fix it? The racing is much more consistent at OV. Midway will have a decent show once in a while, but OV is in another league.

Jim Dunn grew up near Midway. Roseville to be correct. The race should be at Midway. It was started there, and it should stay there. Facilities are lacking, but I like the place.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

These races well race names have no loyalty to any track anymore. The track that the promoter thinks will draw the crowd is where the race will be. They moved the Beckley USA 100 to Va speedway after 40 years. Just business I guess

The first Jim Dunn memorial was at St. Clairsville Speedway in 1983 Donnie Moran was the winner of the race. Midway speedway did not hold the race first . It is up to the Dunn family where the race is held and we should respect that.

Ohio Valley is hosting a Jim Dunn qualifier race, The winner will get locked in to the race at Midway, also Atomic has a qualifier.
    I watched Jim run at Midway since the beginning, it was his home track.
    For all the naysayers,they dug new clay out of the infield and put it on the track, if anyone had been there recently, they wouldnt be so critical.The area is famous for their clay,used to be the pottery capital of the world.
    I agree, the Gibbys races at The Valley have been great, and I havnt missed any of them, but the race belongs at Midway. I will be there, and the place will be packed.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

The only race I have been to at Midway was about 6-7 years ago or so and Austin Hubbard won the race, he said he drew the track out of a group of names in a hat and decided to come. It was a good race from what I can remember. It was the night before the harvest 50 at skyline.

Gibby has the rights to the race. The Dunn family wants it back at Midway. It was ran the last couple years at Muskingum and Ohio Valley to keep the tradition and memory of Jim Dunn alive While Midway sat closed. It's now coming back home where it belongs. Midway is under new management and has done a great job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by OVDTR.com View Post
    The fact of the matter is, is the Jim Dunn Memorial belongs at Midway. Nothing against the Valley at all but I'm glad it has returned to where is should be run. The racing this year at Midway was fantastic. Here's the link to the Topless show. It was a dandy. https://youtu.be/wRAG9vt0fOc
    From the video posted above, I see nothing wrong with Midway. Multiple grooves for the 1st half of the race. Top was a little dominate at the end but track looked to hold up well.
    8/13/16

I understand the concern here. I've been to both tracks. Yea its been probably 10 years since I've been to either one but I've seen many good races at both tracks(a couple races that are in my best top 10 to 20 races I've seen). I've been to the Valley more than I have been to Midway. Just about as long as I can remember the Jim Dunn Memorial race has been held at Midway, except for the last couple years when Midway was closed. If Midway is opening the doors back up then they should get the first bid for the Jim Dunn race. Then it should go from there. Its whoever owns the rights to the race that determines where it goes. Midway has done a lot for the race and has helped it grow to what it is today. The Valley got the honor to have the event one time and it sounds like they did a good job at it. At least the Valley is still being included to a point with them getting to run a Jim Dunn qualifier race. Atomic is also running a Jim Dunn qualifier race on April 15th for $2,500 to win. I'm glad to see Midway back up and running. We don't need to keep losing tracks. Let's be happy that the race is still on and lets honor the Dunn family the best way we can. Let's pack the stands for both qualifier races and for the Jim Dunn Memorial!!
    Next Race: 3/31/18 "Bunny 20's" with Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds and Sport Mods
    *We will also be having an Easter Egg Hunt @ 3:00 so bring the kids out for a fun and enjoyable Saturday night as we open the 2018 race season*

Check out all pictures from Atomic Speedway on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/luvracinBig...?ref=bookmarks

**Atomic Speedway Official Track Photographer**