Default Sheet metal tools top teams use

What tools are some of the top teams using to get there nice rounded cuts around bars etc?
    What kind of tin snips are the using specifically, Brand ?
    Do them wehers vice grip notchers for tin work good?
    If they put a window in there sail panels how are they rolling the inside edge for no sharp edges?
    Some teams interior tin is perfect cut around bars what are they using for tools to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help

I use Greenlee hole punches like a electrician would use.A spade drill for wood will drill thru aluminum sheet.Deburr with a cartage roll in a die grinder.There is a roller attachment for bead rollers that hems curved panels.Years of experience helps, every body will be better than the last.

A lot of teams now are using a secondary source to make their bodies. A friend of mine does this for a living and makes a good living. He uses a gantry mill to cutout all the body panels. He nests the body panels onto a sheet of aluminum to optimize scrap. Some other places are using waterjet machines to cutout the panels.

I use MidWest offset snips, make sure they are offsets, regular snips don't do much good. I do HVAC for a living, and these snips are the one's I keep going back to. I just like how they fit my hands, and they hold up very well.

It's not easy when you are starting off to get good cuts, but it's completely do-able with some practice. If you have to make some patterns out of paper/cardboard/tape and use that to get a nice fit.
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77k View Post
    What tools are some of the top teams using to get there nice rounded cuts around bars etc?
    What kind of tin snips are the using specifically, Brand ?
    Do them wehers vice grip notchers for tin work good?
    If they put a window in there sail panels how are they rolling the inside edge for no sharp edges?
    Some teams interior tin is perfect cut around bars what are they using for tools to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help
    Sounds like you might sell these kinds of tools?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

There is no room for a legit post here. QUICK, somebody bash Bobby Pierce or bring up the tire doping scandal!

Those vice grip notchers work way better than i thought they would i was actually pretty negative towards them til i saw a buddy use them. pretty simple idea that works wonders actually. and makes a cleaner finish than cutting with hand shears.

I just bought the Wehrs vice grip notchers. You better have a strong hand for the deep notches. lol. They are great tools though and make decking a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmod141 View Post
    I just bought the Wehrs vice grip notchers. You better have a strong hand for the deep notches. lol. They are great tools though and make decking a breeze.
    One of my good friends is an excellent fabricator. He uses tin snips to notch steel tubing when building/repairing a chassis. Im nowhere strong enough but then again his forearms look like Popeyes! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

This place makes some hand tools for building bodies. http://www.bodybuilderraceequipment.com/main.sc

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    One of my good friends is an excellent fabricator. He uses tin snips to notch steel tubing when building/repairing a chassis. Im nowhere strong enough but then again his forearms look like Popeyes! lol
    Stick to your carboard out houses!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

wiss offset red handle snips, i havent used the wehrs punch deal but i like to sneak up on my notches so theyre pretty tight on the bars. you can also use a pair of channel locks and small plastic hammer to hem your edges over, im sure theres videos on youtube of it. a cheap pair of calipers is a good investment for scribing lines also

Mittler Bros.