Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Those Longhorns are very seasonal. It's seems when they hit their stride they are good for a solid month, but when they are off, their off! You can't win a championship like that. I like TMac as good as any as a driver but he is underfunded and that will not win a Lucas title. You have to keep new shocks on a car, a fresh engine. That stuff matters
    Sweetners plus is owned by Carl Myers who is a multi multi multi millionaire

Does sweeteners own the team or just the primary sponsor? I was looking under is car up close and personal at the DTWC and you could tell his chassis had some major time on it. Tim told me that was the car they ran all year. Also he has had that rig for a while. I'd bet Sweetners is just the primary sponsor and doesn't own the team.

I'd like to see more teams looking towards Outlaw Racing SE and Longhorns by Weaver...the man flat out knows how to set up those cars. He could drive the wheels off the 116 pretty much anywhere he unloaded, and in 3 races Overton is already contending up front and outdriving the likes of Chris Madden as he did at Boyd's this past weekend. Chris Madden is another driver in a Longhorn that has also been hot since he came back on the scene and debut that car at the end of last season.

At least Flinner had the brass to go out there and try his best and stuck it out till the end.
    That's more than can be said for a lot of these "young guns" that some on here proclaim to be the second coming of Bloomquist....

Does sweeteners own the team or just the primary sponsor? I was looking under is car up close and personal at the DTWC and you could tell his chassis had some major time on it. Tim told me that was the car they ran all year. Also he has had that rig for a while. I'd bet Sweetners is just the primary sponsor and doesn't own the team.
    Tim and Vic Coffey own the team. CME stands for Coffey McCreadie Enterprises. But I've heard both refer to Carl Meyers (He's Vic's stepfather) as their owner. So it's hard to say what the deal is there.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 11-23-2016 at 05:25 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by ClampedUp View Post
    At least Flinner had the brass to go out there and try his best and stuck it out till the end.
    That's more than can be said for a lot of these "young guns" that some on here proclaim to be the second coming of Bloomquist....
    I'm not really knocking Colton for trying. It's just that he has a long way to go in a super, even locally. I'd rather see him go to more of a regional schedule and apply what he learned last season to see where he is at before going out on the road again.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It was said earlier that Richards ran the same car all year, maybe Tim just felt more comfortable in that car there than he did the other. He is not underfunded, just lacks in the help department. The last I knew he had no full time crew, they were all volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It was said earlier that Richards ran the same car all year, maybe Tim just felt more comfortable in that car there than he did the other. He is not underfunded, just lacks in the help department. The last I knew he had no full time crew, they were all volunteers.
    At Charlotte he was in the Longhorn house car with the help from longhorn crew and he also ran that car at EMS it was a brand new car.

So is it for sure that Josh will run the lucus oil series
    I am what I am