Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Technically the lawsuit stuff is over. I mean, the suit was dropped and they mentioned that they were likely going to refile in NC, but that hasn't happened yet. For all we know, Best quietly paid their fine and put the matter to rest (on their part).
    This deal is really just beginning ....

Jd out of the bwrc and him and rumley to the rocket house car.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

But why leave a championship team that won 20+ races this year? No disrespect to Best but if its true what Josh said a few weeks back (thst one race car had 5000+ laps on it) why wouldnt Mark just fill a second team himself, one in each series? Im sure they could get the funding.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

This is shocking! How did no one hear ANYTHING about this? I'm sure everything is set in stone already, but we don't want to guess and wait for weeks for the official announcement!

It must be tough love

My guess is they conquered together, and Josh now wants to see if he can do it without his Dad. Which wether it's next year or later down the line, no question he can. If they scale the house car back from not touring a series, the move makes perfect sense. If he's still following WoO, which I think we all assume they are. Don't remember it in the press release, since it was vague. Talking about Mark that is, then that's my only answer, Josh wanting to get out of the shadow of Dad.

Otherwise, I have no idea why he did it honestly if Mark is still going to go up and down the road as usual.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Best Performance Motorsports
    11 hrs ·
    For Immediate Release
    Mark Richards Racing, Inc. and Best Performance Motorsports partner for 2017 Season
    Shinnston, WV, November 16, 2016 –Mark Richards Racing, Inc. (MRRI), the 2016 World of Outlaws Champion car owner and driver Josh Richards have agreed to partner together for the 2017 season with Best Performance Motorsports. (Josh)Richards will race for Best Performance Motorsports team during the 2017 season out of their St Marys, Ohio race shop.
    “Best Performance Motorsports team owner Eric Brock and I have reached an agreement for Josh (Richards) to drive the Best Performance Motorsports super dirt late model in 2017.” mentioned Mark Richards. “I can’t stress enough that Josh is still an important member of the Rocket Chassis family and feel that this is a great scenario for both organizations. We wish Josh nothing but the best for next year.”
    In addition to car owner duties on the #1 Valvoline/Seubert Calf Ranches Rocket Chassis “house car”, Mark will also serve as a consultant/advisor on the Best Performance Motorsports super dirt late model.
    The driver, schedule, sponsors and crew members of the #1 Valvoline/Seubert Calf Ranches Rocket Chassis “house car” has been finalized and will be announced soon.
    About Mark Richards Racing, Inc. dba Rocket Chassis – Based in Shinnston, W.V., Rocket Chassis is a dirt late model manufacturer founded in 1991 by business partners Mark Richards and Steve Baker. A company that began with just three employees –now has 16 full-timers. It's a group of talented individuals who strive to make Rocket Chassis the winningest dirt late model manufacturer in dirt oval racing. For more information on Rocket Chassis, please visit rocketchassis.com.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    But why leave a championship team that won 20+ races this year? No disrespect to Best but if its true what Josh said a few weeks back (thst one race car had 5000+ laps on it) why wouldnt Mark just fill a second team himself, one in each series? Im sure they could get the funding.
    Fielding a team is very expensive and very demanding. Maybe Josh is getting paid a lot better now?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    My guess is they conquered together, and Josh now wants to see if he can do it without his Dad. Which wether it's next year or later down the line, no question he can. If they scale the house car back from not touring a series, the move makes perfect sense. If he's still following WoO, which I think we all assume they are. Don't remember it in the press release, since it was vague. Talking about Mark that is, then that's my only answer, Josh wanting to get out of the shadow of Dad.

Otherwise, I have no idea why he did it honestly if Mark is still going to go up and down the road as usual.
    I could think of one reason Mark would still field a house car and follow the WoO. Winning the WoO and Lucas titles in the same year would sell a pile of cars on top of the hundreds they already sell.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 11-18-2016 at 07:25 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

“Best Performance Motorsports team owner Eric Brock and I have reached an agreement for Josh (Richards) to drive the Best Performance Motorsports super dirt late model in 2017.”
    This quote makes it look like Josh did not have a say in this. Kind of sounds like he was farmed out by his Daddy. I'm sure Josh was in the loop on this decision. If not I'd be one highly pissed off son of a d!ck.

the most logical replacement for the rocket car would be bshepp...even tho he said he is fielding his own team this year why wouldn't he want to drive that car instead? and why wouldn't he be Richards first choice?

Very surprising news that initially left me thinking WTF?????.....but after some thought I see this as a major power move by Mark. The press release states they have agreed to "partner" together with the Best team for 2017 which in essence gives them a second team car, possibly running the rival series, with one of the best drivers in the country.

The house car has already been tuned to be bad fast so letting Josh drive & tune the Best car makes the most sense. I'm sure whoever gets the 1 ride will be pretty quick right out of the box.

Everyone is talking BShepperd, and that is an excellent choice, but what about Austin Hubbard drove for Beitler on a tour. Also, he brings sponsorship aka money.

Donnie Schatz with backing from Tony Stewart. Donnie has nothing left to prove on the winged circuit. Talk about less travel, WOO sprints compared to WOO lates. Who knows, it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Chris Ferguson would also be a good replacement.
    Excellent choice for the seat.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I sure hope Owens gets this ride!!! Make the house car Black.... Marketing dream....

I call bs, this will be more like . Best supporting the current house program to the point that rocket will field 2 drivers rather than 1.

So who would be the top 5 guys that are likely to get the nod to jump into the house car?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    I call bs, this will be more like . Best supporting the current house program to the point that rocket will field 2 drivers rather than 1.
    Why is that BS, it already says they are partnering. And who cares if it's BS?

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    So who would be the top 5 guys that are likely to get the nod to jump into the house car?
    B Shep
    Fergy
    Moran
    Owens
    Hubbard

Strictly my opinion. Really think it depends on what the schedule/goals are for the house car