Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Rocket looks be taking the "dirt traxx dominator" name away from Bloomquist.
    Gotta tip the hat to ya zyoung, Mark Richards is, and has been, the largest producer of ultra competitive DLM's in the world. This has been in the works for some time now. This move is about having two Championship caliber race teams instead of one, further establishing himself and his business as the Best (no pun intended) in the world.

This one's deep gentleman.......

Very surprising move. Completely outta nowhere.

If he goes Lucas, could be very interesting.

The Rocket house car deserves someone who is good, but lacking the funds to pursue the things that that ride can offer. Not Tony for sure, and not even Gregg, though I like Gregg.

1.)Jared Hawkins
    2.)Jared Miley
    3.)Jimmy Owens
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Gas View Post
    I would love to see Richards drive the LODLMS!

I would, too, but not for the same reasons as you though your logic is fine. I'd just as soon see superstars congregate in one series while the other one weakens from its loss of an elite driver. Our sport sorely needs one national touring series only. I hope this is the beginning of the end for WoO (because Lucas is in better position to be the last man standing).
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

how often does owens drive other peoples rockets?
    anything to read into him runnin scott russells rocket at boyds this weekend?
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Jimmy Owens is your driver. He is the only driver that makes sense. Your not gonna take Hawkins or Miley and win a championship and Mark is about winning. I say Owens jumps in the car and dominates the WOO just like Richards did last year. Maybe Owens was in that Rocket late in the season for a test and tune? Whoever it may be is very lucky to jump on the best team in the world, yes, Richards is better than the zero right now. Hopefully Richards runs Lucas next year because if not the zero will run away with it again.

Jimmy Owens is the money move. If Mark is going for the throat, it's the only move.

There's a long list of guys fans can come up with, each deserving in their own way. Not a single one can touch Jimmy's resume, or his ability behind the wheel. JMO.

I'm gonna say Devin Moran or Fergy.

Quote Originally Posted by PennDirt View Post
    I would, too, but not for the same reasons as you though your logic is fine. I'd just as soon see superstars congregate in one series while the other one weakens from its loss of an elite driver. Our sport sorely needs one national touring series only. I hope this is the beginning of the end for WoO (because Lucas is in better position to be the last man standing).
    How is less money available to fewer racers good for the sport?

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    How is less money available to fewer racers good for the sport?

NDRA did just fine until the promoter went bonkers. Problem is, we're a generation removed from when a series came to your town and 35-50 of the very best arrived and did so from every corner of east of the Mississippi.

That specialness has been replaced with complacency due to guaranteed pay for low traveler commitment. There were no 'fewer racers' when the prize was much harder to obtain, there were more vying for the opportunity. Our sport blossomed from it, too.
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Jeff, you do understand that races have not always been sanctioned by a series, don't you?

And that both series are relatively young?

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Jeff, you do understand that races have not always been sanctioned by a series, don't you?

And that both series are relatively young?
    Yes I do, however therevis no denying that if one series went under there would be fewer big money shows. I understand DLM racing would still exist but I strongly disagree that it would be better off.

I think the big events suffer because of the tours you don't get the cream of the crop at all the big shows

Quote Originally Posted by PennDirt View Post
    NDRA did just fine until the promoter went bonkers. Problem is, we're a generation removed from when a series came to your town and 35-50 of the very best arrived and did so from every corner of east of the Mississippi.

That specialness has been replaced with complacency due to guaranteed pay for low traveler commitment. There were no 'fewer racers' when the prize was much harder to obtain, there were more vying for the opportunity. Our sport blossomed from it, too.
    To sustain the cost of cars now there needs to be guaranteed money and higher paying shows. I understand that it spreads the talent thinner, but with the cost of cars it is important to give more drivers a shot at more money. The only thing the loss of a series wiuld do is cut the amount of drivers touring nationally in half. They wouldnt all merge into one, there isnt enough money to go around.

IF Josh goes lucas, we will be looking at the stars/hat days all over again I feel like, driver wise I mean. Back then the stars were mostly a glorified regional series, to where HAT was the superior national tour. Those were the glory days of DLM imo. I'd be alright if that were to ever happen again. I don't see the outlaws ever falling back on that type of schedule though.

IF Josh goes lucas, we will be looking at the stars/hat days all over again I feel like, driver wise I mean. Back then the stars were mostly a glorified regional series, to where HAT was the superior national tour. Those were the glory days of DLM imo. I'd be alright if that were to ever happen again. I don't see the outlaws ever falling back on that type of schedule though.
    I could see Josh going Lucas and house car bringing in a young guy to Woo. I would bet Lanigan and Francis go back to Woo this year which helps. You still have regulars like eckert, Clanton, and Moyer Jr., hopefully Shirley. I think Rigsby dropped some clues Tuesday night. Might see more overlap with Woo and summer nats too. I could see a more condensed summer nats schedule this year with Masters going mods. Maybe drop Ohio and Michigan tracks too? Who knows. In the end I would love to see the Best car on Lucas and give a new guy a shot in the house car on Woo.

Francis maybe.....Lanigan won't leave lucas as long as he's with Clint.

Francis maybe.....Lanigan won't leave lucas as long as he's with Clint.
    I thought there were rumblings of him going back to his own shop?Rumors at this point but it didn't seem like a good fit. Who knows. That's why it's silly season. Money will make you do crazy things

Darrell will be with Clint again next year.

Darrell will be with Clint again next year.
    Which is a shame. That's the black hole of race teams.

What about Shannon Babb to the 1 car.