Thread: Rocket help

Default Rocket help

I'm looking at a car, guy has it listed as a Black front it's an 08 model but when I went to look at it he told us his buddy that helps him said it was a blue/grey so is they anyway of identifying which frontend it is by looking? I do know it has grey spindles on it but is they any other things to look at or measure to be certain on what frontend it is? Thanks for any help!!

The color (black, blue, grey, orange) usually refers to the color of the spindle. Measure rack from tie rod bolt to tie rod bolt. Black front will be 19 3/4". Blue/Grey will be 18-1/4" or 19-1/4" if it has wide RF option. Blue/Grey will have two mounting holes on front forward most cross member and frame for lower to be standard or wide RF. My black front is an 05 and has a double rectangle tube engine crossmember but I'm not sure if they did that on all of them. The lowers usually have a rubber bushed T end where they bolt to the crossmember. Also blue/grey will have a bent RF tie rod. Black fronts are straight. Hope this helps.

Should be a seriel number on chassis. Rocket can tell tou exactly what it is.