Default Trakstar frontend

I have a 2011 trakstar, been very unhappy with the car since day 1. My question is on the front end of them. I have noticed it doesn't get much camber gain under a load it has (to me) an awfully long upper and short lower on the right front. The upper is 10" and the lower is 17 5/8, should I go to a shorter upper and longer lower to put the right front out more? What all will this affect directly?

Another problem is the car wants to lay on the right rear hard and hardly nothing to the right front. I have a 225 spring on the rr and have went down to a 250 on the rf it was slick and it wanted to tote the lf about 8-10" under throttle. Any ideas?

Your RF lower is supposed to be set at 18". I wish you would give us a chance to look over the car and shocks and set it up with our setup instead of continuing to be unhappy. Our cars picked up 40 wins this season in NeSmith crate competition and I believe 37 of them were with the 10" upper.Jamey Boland

I agree with Jamey, you should let them help you. Yes these cars are a little different, but the do work. I only have a few races on mine, and I still have work to do, but the front end does not seems really good.
    Mike and Jamey will go the extra mile to help you out, and have a wealth of knowledge to draw from. I wish I was not 2500 miles away from them so they could look my car over.

0 Lucas and 0 world of outlaw races were won with a 10" upper on the RF. But... Control arm angle has a greater impact on camber gain than the length of the arm, but the length of the arm does make a difference.

Also but... you will have less roll center migration with a long upper... if you are one of the people in the #rollcentersmatter camp

What is point of roll center migration

I have no issues with my 2016 trak star ran 2nd the first night out in the car.(should've won but I knocked the spoiler off with 2 to go) picked up a win 3 weeks later. Mike and Jamey both will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy. When I was assembling mine and had some questions Mike went to the shop and sent me pictures off his personal car at 10pm. I promise you no other builder is going to do that. My car buries the right front and Right rear while keeping the left front down. There's something you are missing.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Strollin' View Post
    Your RF lower is supposed to be set at 18". I wish you would give us a chance to look over the car and shocks and set it up with our setup instead of continuing to be unhappy. Our cars picked up 40 wins this season in NeSmith crate competition and I believe 37 of them were with the 10" upper.Jamey Boland
    https://www.facebook.com/trakstarracecars/
    phone# (205) 392-5566

This would seem the wisest thing to do, you won't be sorry. Call Them.
    Politically Incorrect.

Side winder , Roll center migration effects the leverage equated during weight transfer and a multitude of other factors. Some people use this to their advantage so migrating points are a positive. If you don't understand this or know where it moves to or from then a migration of moment center can cause you much grief . Knowing where your cars roll center is/goes during pitch an roll is a very important detail for making changes on your setups.
    Last edited by Brian Gray; 11-24-2016 at 10:48 AM.

I questioned many of the same things on my first Trakstar and probably wore Mike and Jamie out with the calls but I set and run the front end exactly like Mike and Jamie told me and it works... the adjustability that you can work off of in there standard setting is also a great tuning tool to use, especially in shaped and sized tracks, Great People and great cars.