Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bowtie Vorex Head

Has anyone played with the large port 225cc heads. Looking for a head to put on a two barrel 358.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

too big use the small runner ones, they were the best head I used on a 2 barrel period

I agree they are too big. I have a set on a 370 mod motor and I love them.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

I have used that head on 358 2 barrels with a 6.250 rods they worked great, Remember raised intake and exhaust ports, Port Bias, fast burn chamber. Was are restricted to a flat tappet where I use a .904 lifter set up BBC cam core. Super flat torque curve. Before those heads came out I used alot of the 220 Pro-Actions heads on my 2 barrel engines. The longer will make peak power about the same as 6.000 rod but the longer rod will not fall off as fast and at 7500 I have seen 30 more horse compared to a 5.7 rod engine, No gear rule is a plus.
    Last edited by HINKSON AUTO; 11-28-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Can a person get a dome under these combustion chambers? Limited to 12.5:1

Quote Originally Posted by ford396 View Post
    why would you want to the fast burn chamber is what makes them work so well a dome will defeat that?

12.5 can be achieved with angle and flat mill the vortec bowties, that would be the way to go.

dart or some other aftermarket head will be cheaper if you are willing to run a dome. they wont produce as flat of hp and tq curves as the vortec though.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    why would you want to the fast burn chamber is what makes them work so well a dome will defeat that? 12.5 can be achieved with angle and flat mill the vortec bowties, that would be the way to go. Dart or some other aftermarket head will be cheaper if you are willing to run a dome. They wont produce as flat of hp and tq curves as the vortec though.
    x1000000000000000000

All that and yet there was not a yes or no in there.

All that and yet there was not a yes or no in there.
    your not smart enough to use google?

https://rpmmachine.com/kbpistons-pre...chevy350.shtml

ill answer it for you, YES. and it will help, if you rules allow. ill take a dome any day over angle milling,

your not smart enough to use google?

https://rpmmachine.com/kbpistons-pre...chevy350.shtml
    there is that 90% thing i lust mentioned in the other post , i guess you cant help yourself .

I know some guys that used an off the self dome in a vortec ,Don't know the part number thou.I would angle mill stock vortecs .125 then flat cut .040.Yes they would crack sometimes.I also tig welded the chambers when no milling was the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    there is that 90% thing i lust mentioned in the other post , i guess you cant help yourself .
    haha, we all know the only reason you replied is to contradict me and follow me around, some things never change as usual you post incorrect information which you clearly have no actual experience with and cant even google to learn about.

Everyone knows a fast burn chamber is impacted negatively by using a dome, they been around for a long time now.

Stock Car Driver:

do you ever provide any info that is pertinent and useful? Apparently you felt compelled to reply to my thread even though you had no relevant info pertaining to my question. Typical.

Have a great evening; just you and Google.

I would never use a dome when you can angle mill.
    I had my vortec bowties welded and milled by Brzezinski. They ended up at 46cc. Should easily get you the compression you want.

don't want to seem stupid but what is the difference between vortecs and bowtie vortecs? thanks.

olin

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    I would never use a dome when you can angle mill.
    I had my vortec bowties welded and milled by Brzezinski. They ended up at 46cc. Should easily get you the compression you want.
    just curious what is the cost of having heads angle milled and the welding done? I dont know what brzezinski charges , but i charge a good bit to do this. i do a good many because no rules down here allow for domes. i do agree that milling and flat tops are some what better , but the domes are quick to apply , less expensive and will achieve close to the same results, and you dont have to worry about cracking heads as much.

haha, we all know the only reason you replied is to contradict me and follow me around, some things never change as usual you post incorrect information which you clearly have no actual experience with and cant even google to learn about.

Everyone knows a fast burn chamber is impacted negatively by using a dome, they been around for a long time now.
    see post # 16 in the E85 thread.

It was $850 for the labor to mill, correct head bolts and intake face, valve job and weld spark plug cooling ports.
    That was about 5 years ago, it may be more now.

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    just curious what is the cost of having heads angle milled and the welding done? I dont know what brzezinski charges , but i charge a good bit to do this. i do a good many because no rules down here allow for domes. i do agree that milling and flat tops are some what better , but the domes are quick to apply , less expensive and will achieve close to the same results, and you dont have to worry about cracking heads as much.
    So now your a motor builder, but didn't know if you can get a dome for a vortec chamber?

Man all of you guys with FORD in your name seem like you came off the same stupid farm!