Default Is Colton Flinner out of provisionals yet?

???????????????????
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    ???????????????????
    After seeing this team at Lucas oil speedway this year they earned a provisional . The night before at Tri City Speedway the race car broke in the heat race and was run over from behind . A lot of damage was done to the car . They were able to repair the car and make the four hour drive to lucas speedway the next night . The car had new sheet metal and graphics you could not tell it had been wiped out the night before . This was not a back up car , they had no toter home or stacker trailer just a crew cab truck and fifth wheel trailer along with two tired people (driver and one crew man ) Before you dump on someone lets see you do a better job !!!!!!!!!!

I was very impressed by Colton Flinner, a real inspiration to the weekend warrior on a budget. No toter, him and his dad I think just living the dream. Hats off to him and I wish him the best of luck. Guys like him are what the sport should be most proud of, they are what built this sport.

One thing to note, had an engine builder tell many years back, spend a season racing against the best guys you can afford too, even if your blown out every night. You will come back to the local level a Superman. Struggling to make some Lucas oil shows equals competing for wins at most local shows.

Dirt crow it is easy for you to do better, Max out some credit cards, put a second on your home and abandon you job and family for 8 months living out of a pickup is all you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tpr View Post
    After seeing this team at Lucas oil speedway this year they earned a provisional . The night before at Tri City Speedway the race car broke in the heat race and was run over from behind . A lot of damage was done to the car . They were able to repair the car and make the four hour drive to lucas speedway the next night . The car had new sheet metal and graphics you could not tell it had been wiped out the night before . This was not a back up car , they had no toter home or stacker trailer just a crew cab truck and fifth wheel trailer along with two tired people (driver and one crew man ) Before you dump on someone lets see you do a better job !!!!!!!!!!
    Very well said

Quote Originally Posted by tpr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    I was very impressed by Colton Flinner, a real inspiration to the weekend warrior on a budget. No toter, him and his dad I think just living the dream. Hats off to him and I wish him the best of luck. Guys like him are what the sport should be most proud of, they are what built this sport.One thing to note, had an engine builder tell many years back, spend a season racing against the best guys you can afford too, even if your blown out every night. You will come back to the local level a Superman. Struggling to make some Lucas oil shows equals competing for wins at most local shows. Dirt crow it is easy for you to do better, Max out some credit cards, put a second on your home and abandon you job and family for 8 months living out of a pickup is all you have to do.
    Well said on both post^^^^^^ Thats a hard job and a lot of money to do that.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Half a million to go do that for a year, minimum. I applaud the effort to go do that and especially the way they did it.

We all wish we could do what they did this year..........and don't lie.

Good on them.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by RoundNrOUND View Post
    Half a million to go do that for a year, minimum. I applaud the effort to go do that and especially the way they did it.
    I don't think it cost that much the way they did it, I'm sure it was still expensive though. That is what is so great about the effort. No toter, no backup. Probably slept in the truck. If there were more guys doing it that way the sport wouldn't be in such rough shape. Definitely will be rooting for him at any LOLMDS I'm at.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundNrOUND View Post
    This is why I'm ok with provisionals.

We parked next to them at the North South. They had 3 guys there counting driver. They changed engines on Friday night just pulling the engine by hand. The effort to do what they did is impressive.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

They raced out of a dually and 5th wheel 53ft trailer that hauls 2 cars nose to tail.

Talked to them at the Gaffney Lucas race. The motor in the pick up truck blew up a week or so prior. They had to round up another truck. A lot of miles hauling from PA to the Lucas shows. It's something they wanted to do, people thought they were crazy, especially on the tight budget. I give them a lot of credit for not throwing the towel in on many occasions that I'm sure were disappointing and aggravating not to mention money wise.

LOL!!!!!! It was a joke you bunch of Mary's. Lol. Get a sense of humor. But did make my night. ...Merry Christmas!! Haha!!!
    Last edited by dirt crow; 11-25-2016 at 07:08 PM.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    LOL!!!!!! It was a joke you bunch of Mary's. Lol. Get a sense of humor. But did make my night. ...Merry Christmas!! Haha!!!
    Talk to him a couple different times this year told me that tour was twice as hard as he ever thought it Would be hey stuck it out and did it don't matter how many provisional he took so before you hate on him go get you a couple racecar some motors a truck or trailer and go try it.

I love it every single time someone says "go open your on track" "put up your own money for a race" "get your own race car" "try it yourself" ....hilarious! .......IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!
    Last edited by dirt crow; 11-26-2016 at 08:57 AM.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

He's running Lucas next year again, BTW. I'd have thought he'd come back to running locally, much like Russ King did after his year on the WoO,.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I know you were making a joke crow. But the more Ive read about him and how their running old school I like him even more. Hope him and his dad the best.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!