Wow!!! What a Late Model race!!!! Best I have ever seen!!!! I hate it for those who left early because of the cold, but I don't blame them a bit, it was crazy cold. The thing that made the green flag laps so good was the double file restarts. I have seen a ton of Late Model races that were basically "train races." Last night was anything but a train race. There were at least 3 leaders Carswell, Mangum, and Yarborough ( spell check), and I think everyone had 3rd place at one time or another. Timbo manhandles for the win, but not before Yarborough manhandles for the lead a couple of laps from the end. In all the years I have been watching Late Model racing, I have never seen two guys who appeared willing to total their cars to get the position and win the race. Awesome race to close out the show!!! I hope someone has a video I can see. I would love to watch that again.

Most of the other divisions had great races too. I didn't get to see much of the racing action due to helping the scorer a little bit with car numbers on the divisions with the most cars.

Lots of cautions, due to the 150 or so race cars maybe 160+. still waiting for an official car count, but I think there were over 100 in 4 of the 11 divisions. PS4, FWD, LM and SS4.

I have got to hand it to Jason Smoot. He put on one of the biggest stock car races ever put on in the state. Definitely the biggest stock car at Antioch Speedway. Not to take away from Ernie Elkins who brought the WOO Sprint Cars and WOO ( Hav-A_Tampa) Late Models in the early 1990's. Those races had huge crowds, but not the huge car count.

Way to go Jason. way to go race staff, and way to go race fans. It was a long cold event, but by the end of the night at 20 some degrees, what an amazing race!!!

I'm sure Jason will post results later. maybe even on Monday. He has to be completely worn out. He has been at the Speedway for days working almost 24 hours taking care of the racing prep, camping and all that goes along with the weekend event. I told him he would be completely exhausted till about Tuesday.

Thank you everyone who came to the speedway for Thanksgiving Thunder 2016.