Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Cool DoD says...Richards

2016 King of Dirt
    Scott a close 2nd
    Pierce 3rd
    Davenport 4th
    Madden 5th
    8/13/16

I disagree. Scott oversees everything as to where JR drives and daddy over sees everything else. Does he deserve to be in the top 3, absolutely, but I cant give him the king. I know I'll take heat over this. If your talking driver of the year I'd give it to him, but the word king makes me think of the best from all sides of racing and that would be Scotty. Just my 2 cents.

That's just about right for 2016.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It is Driver of the Year

You give me a choice of which drivers year I'd rather have on my resume.....I'll take Richards'. He was dominant from get go in Florida in February, and never really hit a dry spell anytime throughout the year.

Even if it was the so called "minor league" to some, he beat Scott head to head more than Scott beat him. So it's hard to not give the nod to Richards.

I think they got it right

How can it not be right? It's their Driver of the year poll. I do think it was right. For the guy that said Scott did all his own. Maybe next year he will delegate some of it and win Driver of the year like the smart guy did this year. jk

Just put them head to head next year in the Lucas Oil Series and let'em fight each other. The dirtondirt interviews should be good.

As much as I would like to argue that there should be someone else at the top for 2016, I can't.........

Josh ......not even close.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Correct.....but there are those that think the #1 has cruise control and GPS. I'm pretty sure he had to drive that car himself and that said, did a bang-up job in 2016.

I'm not a huge fan of either, if you look at how they decided with the head to head of wins/finishes against each other with the year both of them had i think thats a good way to decipher .....

Congrats to Josh. He deserves it
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

0....is how many chits Scott gives, which is also his number ironically.

Congrats to Kid Rocket. Definitely earned it. Bloom is too busy counting his race winnings to care that much about some poll/ranking system. They each ended up with 20 some wins but Scott won the money shows. Hard to compare the 2 being they were the best in their given series. We know Scott will be up front next year, but will Kid Rocket pick up where he left off?We'll see....

The crew at DOD are salesmen. They make a living selling ads on there websight so you gotta pay the bills and go with Rocket. Josh couldn't win the big one this year but he won several races. I'm biased so naturally I'm going with Scott but can't argue the fact that they are 1 and 2 and very far ahead of the rest right now. Just hope we get a see these two race for a Lucas championship next season!

Quote Originally Posted by ReignMan23 View Post
    Bloom is too busy counting his race winnings to care that much about some poll/ranking system.
    Some? SOME?! This is DoD we're talking about here. Gospel. Creator. Annointer of 35 Crown Jewel races.

RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

my current sobriety prevents me from having a lot of fun with this thread.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Josh Richards was clearly the Driver of the Year.

All right fryefan. How was he clearly the driver of the year? Besides the Pittsburgher what did he do? Flopped at the world, dream, DTWC, firecracker, and others. You have to win the big ones to say clearly. I can't say he wasn't the best this year but he definatly wasn't clearly the nations top driver. I'm a zero fan but I can't say he was clearly the best either. I think the 1 and zero were clearly the top 2 but could have went either way. Fact is Josh is only gonna get better and my boy Scott is probably on the downside. Let's just hope we get to see them racing each other for the Lucas oil title next season! Tell you the truth, I hope TMac or a sleeper wins it.

The true test will be how josh does without dad being there.. scott makes his decision's and performs. The question now is can josh if he is in a different series away from his dad..