Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Josh Richards had the third most wins on the LOLMDS this season and he only ran 11 of their races. He set the all time wins record on the WoO, which has a bunch of high quality teams following who are competitive when they race against LOLMDS as well (Clanton, and Overton both have won races Bloomquist, Davenport, Owens, etc were in multiple times this season). He beat Bloomquist head to head by almost a 2:1 ratio. Also, those Speedweeks races -- the vast majority of them (especially the ones won by Josh) are more than 25 laps. He beat Bloomquist and Davenport in a 60 lap event at GI, and won another there as well. He won two races (110 total laps, $25,000 total) in the first weekend of the LOLMDS season. He won a few shorter races as well at East Bay, but then won three at Volusia that were not particularly short. After Speedweeks he went on to get a bunch more wins, 6 of which paid more than $10k including the $20k at PPMS, $26k at FALS, and $50k at Cedar Lake (Bloomquist had one $50k win as well). He finished second at the Dream (a race Bloomquist didn't even qualify for) and 3rd at the DTWC (Bloomquist 11th). He lost one big money race to Bloomquist (Firecracker) but otherwise beat him in the rest of the Big Money shows he ran against him. I don't really know what metric you would like to use in determining who the best driver is but I'm not sure how it could come out with anybody but Richards at the top.
    What were the other 3 he won that was over 20k?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Based on the competition, I would give the nod to Bloomer.

btw....Im a josh fan also!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    2016 King of Dirt
    Scott a close 2nd
    Pierce 3rd
    Davenport 4th
    Madden 5th

I see the usual list of haters chiming in on this one. hahhahhaaaa

So who decided DoD was entitled to speak for everyone? Just themselves, that's who.

if you would subscribe you would know that many writers are involved in the voting , don't get your panties all bunch its just a few writers saying that one driver is above the rest no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    So who decided DoD was entitled to speak for everyone? Just themselves, that's who.
    repped [green]
    RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Speedweeks is part of calendar year 2016. Its not seasonally weighted, each win is considered equally. Considering the checks all cash the same, the points all add up the same and the drivers all show up to race I see no reason why Speedweeks wins would matter less.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    It means Richards was better in Feb. No way he outruns zero consistently during the summer of 16.

If Feb is your sample, Davenport beats zero too. And T Mac was ahead or even in points.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-30-2016 at 08:49 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    What were the other 3 he won that was over 20k?
    I never said he won six races that were over $20k, I said he won six races that were over $10k -- here are the other three.

Illini 100: $15k
    Deer Creek: $12k
    World Finals: $12k

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Last edited by W2Racing09; 12-01-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It means Richards was better in Feb. No way he outruns zero consistently during the summer of 16.

If Feb is your sample, Davenport beats zero too. And T Mac was ahead or even in points.
    If February does not count then why should April, or June, or August? Bloomquist and Richards raced together 23 times throughout the ENTIRE season (from when it started until when it ended) and Richards beat him 16 times out of 23 races.

But just to put your mind at ease.

If we don't consider Speedweeks at all (Richards finished ahead of Bloomquist 3 times at Golden Isles, 3 times at Eastbay and once at Ocala, then he beat Bloomquist twice at Volusia and Bloomquist beat Richards twice at Volusia). If you remove all of those races it will bring the total for the remainder of the year to 12 total races and Richards beating Bloomquist by a margin of 7 to 5 if my math is correct.

However like I said before, the checks cash the same, the points count the same and all the drivers show up after having several months to prepare their equipment. There is no reason not to count the start of the regular season. It certainly counts in every other sport. I can almost see not counting racing in AZ (All of the best are not there, and they go off rules from the previous year) but Speedweeks is the official start to the season.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Nobody said they speak for you or any of the other people complaining. Its not like the list is official or means anything beyond website clicks and a few shares on Twitter. It gets a lot of attention because most of us respect their opinion and they back up most all of their decisions with facts.

DOD just ran that flag up. It's up to you, if you want to salute it or burn it. Hey, you can even sew up your own flag.

Speed Sport must have gotten it wrong also.https://speedsport.com/media/videos/...ower-rankings/

So is it for sure that Josh will be running the LUCAS Oil Series
    I am what I am

If February does not count then why should April, or June, or August? Bloomquist and Richards raced together 23 times throughout the ENTIRE season (from when it started until when it ended) and Richards beat him 16 times out of 23 races.

But just to put your mind at ease.

If we don't consider Speedweeks at all (Richards finished ahead of Bloomquist 3 times at Golden Isles, 3 times at Eastbay and once at Ocala, then he beat Bloomquist twice at Volusia and Bloomquist beat Richards twice at Volusia). If you remove all of those races it will bring the total for the remainder of the year to 12 total races and Richards beating Bloomquist by a margin of 7 to 5 if my math is correct.

However like I said before, the checks cash the same, the points count the same and all the drivers show up after having several months to prepare their equipment. There is no reason not to count the start of the regular season. It certainly counts in every other sport. I can almost see not counting racing in AZ (All of the best are not there, and they go off rules from the previous year) but Speedweeks is the official start to the season.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I didn't say throw it out. But clearly, one small time frame was given a huge statistical overweight when considering head to head performance. That has to be acknowledged when throwing the numbers out there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

I didn't say throw it out. But clearly, one small time frame was given a huge statistical overweight when considering head to head performance. That has to be acknowledged when throwing the numbers out there.
    I don't think they weighted February races anymore than July races or September races. I think you are saying that a race in February should be worth less than a race in July, which I disagree with. Every race, all year should be weighted based on the purse, strength of field, etc. not the month within which it occurs.

Are you saying February should matter less because so many races occur close together and that if someone is more prepared they will be better at all races since there are no breaks? I think that is a big part of racing, if Bloomquist was less prepared going into Speedweeks then that is on him.

Cool

I don't think they weighted February races anymore than July races or September races. I think you are saying that a race in February should be worth less than a race in July, which I disagree with. Every race, all year should be weighted based on the purse, strength of field, etc. not the month within which it occurs.

Are you saying February should matter less because so many races occur close together and that if someone is more prepared they will be better at all races since there are no breaks? I think that is a big part of racing, if Bloomquist was less prepared going into Speedweeks then that is on him.
    The vote is driver of the year. If half your data comes from Feb, it is overweighted. Yes, Richards invested more into Feb than anyone. But that isn't really most of the argument.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

A marketing genius would try to sell an autographed Richards dildo to you guys, they would sell rocket-fast.

The vote is driver of the year. If half your data comes from Feb, it is overweighted. Yes, Richards invested more into Feb than anyone. But that isn't really most of the argument.
    How do you see half of the data coming from February?

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Thumbs up Top 3

I think the top 3 is spot on.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    All right fryefan. How was he clearly the driver of the year? Besides the Pittsburgher what did he do? Flopped at the world, dream, DTWC, firecracker, and others. You have to win the big ones to say clearly. I can't say he wasn't the best this year but he definatly wasn't clearly the nations top driver. I'm a zero fan but I can't say he was clearly the best either. I think the 1 and zero were clearly the top 2 but could have went either way. Fact is Josh is only gonna get better and my boy Scott is probably on the downside. Let's just hope we get to see them racing each other for the Lucas oil title next season! Tell you the truth, I hope TMac or a sleeper wins it.
    How'd Scott do at Eldora?
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.