Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    All right fryefan. How was he clearly the driver of the year? Besides the Pittsburgher what did he do? Flopped at the world, dream, DTWC, firecracker, and others. You have to win the big ones to say clearly. I can't say he wasn't the best this year but he definatly wasn't clearly the nations top driver. I'm a zero fan but I can't say he was clearly the best either. I think the 1 and zero were clearly the top 2 but could have went either way. Fact is Josh is only gonna get better and my boy Scott is probably on the downside. Let's just hope we get to see them racing each other for the Lucas oil title next season! Tell you the truth, I hope TMac or a sleeper wins it.
    The times they actually raced each other, Josh won more races than Scott. You're very stupid.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    2016 King of DirtScott a close 2ndPierce 3rdDavenport 4thMadden 5th
    I looked over the wins for the top 5 and heres what I came up with. Josh 27 Scott 20 Bobby 23 JD 20 Madden 12. Now if you break those wins down by money (10k or more) Scott 19 Josh 17 JD 8 Bobby 7 Madden 5. And if you want to break it down even more Scott had 6 wins of 20k+ Josh 3 the rest 1. Im a Bloomquist fan but like I said earlier Josh deserves the title.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I looked over the wins for the top 5 and heres what I came up with. Josh 27 Scott 20 Bobby 23 JD 20 Madden 12. Now if you break those wins down by money (10k or more) Scott 19 Josh 17 JD 8 Bobby 7 Madden 5. And if you want to break it down even more Scott had 6 wins of 20k+ Josh 3 the rest 1. Im a Bloomquist fan but like I said earlier Josh deserves the title.
    They all had kick azz seasons. Like Josh said, the head to head battles between Scott and Josh probably determines the winner in this one. Josh pretty much dominated when the 2 were on the track together. All in all, the top 5 all had seasons that most dirt racers can only dream about.
    8/13/16

Hey centeroff what did scott do at the world and dream lmfao

dude you need to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The times they actually raced each other, Josh won more races than Scott. You're very stupid.
    Is that not very seasonally weighted? (Florida). Where Richards got a head start and Scott was mostly Scott?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    All right fryefan. How was he clearly the driver of the year? Besides the Pittsburgher what did he do? Flopped at the world, dream, DTWC, firecracker, and others. You have to win the big ones to say clearly. I can't say he wasn't the best this year but he definatly wasn't clearly the nations top driver. I'm a zero fan but I can't say he was clearly the best either. I think the 1 and zero were clearly the top 2 but could have went either way. Fact is Josh is only gonna get better and my boy Scott is probably on the downside. Let's just hope we get to see them racing each other for the Lucas oil title next season! Tell you the truth, I hope TMac or a sleeper wins it.
    Josh was my clear cut #1. He cleaned their clocks on the WoO, won the USA Nationals Pittsburgher, and PDC, dominated both series Speedweeks. Also ran 2nd @ the Dream, 3rd @ DTWC, 2nd @ Firecracker so not sure how he flopped in those?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Is that not very seasonally weighted? (Florida). Where Richards got a head start and Scott was mostly Scott?
    None of that matters. Head to head, Richards was better just about every time they were on the track together. One notable exception was the Firecracker, but guess who was second that night?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Josh was my clear cut #1. He cleaned their clocks on the WoO, won the USA Nationals Pittsburgher, and PDC, dominated both series Speedweeks. Also ran 2nd @ the Dream, 3rd @ DTWC, 2nd @ Firecracker so not sure how he flopped in those?

The dude is just trying to start an argument, seems to be all that he's good at. He wants to talk smack about the DoD guys, and how their rocket salesmen. Pretty sure Josh was the number #1 rocket salesman this year winning races. The Richards gang don't need help from anyone selling cars, they never have.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Speedweeks is part of calendar year 2016. Its not seasonally weighted, each win is considered equally. Considering the checks all cash the same, the points all add up the same and the drivers all show up to race I see no reason why Speedweeks wins would matter less.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

There is no doubt, all of the top 5 had a tremendous year. Some won more money. Some won more races. Some won more in head to head competition. To me, the number one driver is the guy that will get you to go that extra mile to see him race. Not being a traditional fan of any but a fan of all, I'd say Bobby Pierce was Number one. When he came to race, he wasn't just part of the show. He was the show. All though he didn't win them all, He was fun to watch, coming from deep in the pack, to win or almost win. It gives me the kind of feeling, like Birky's last lap pass of Bloomquist at the World or Knoxville or some of the come from behind wins of JD in 2015. Next year Pierce may be the giant, but this year, he was Jack the Giant killer. I'll vote Pierce, the most fun to watch, if not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    There is no doubt, all of the top 5 had a tremendous year. Some won more money. Some won more races. Some won more in head to head competition. To me, the number one driver is the guy that will get you to go that extra mile to see him race. Not being a traditional fan of any but a fan of all, I'd say Bobby Pierce was Number one. When he came to race, he wasn't just part of the show. He was the show. All though he didn't win them all, He was fun to watch, coming from deep in the pack, to win or almost win. It gives me the kind of feeling, like Birky's last lap pass of Bloomquist at the World or Knoxville or some of the come from behind wins of JD in 2015. Next year Pierce may be the giant, but this year, he was Jack the Giant killer. I'll vote Pierce, the most fun to watch, if not the best.
    I agree with this good post i like routing for the underdog
    after hot laps I'll pick the winner

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Hey centeroff what did scott do at the world and dream lmfao
    Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    dude you need to stop
    Exactly. Enough is enough.
    8/13/16

Amen to that Bubstr. I've been preaching that all year but get knocked down every time. I'd say 80% of the shows I attended this year, Bobby was the show. Being a Feger fan, it was frustrating at times but the kid is that good so I've got to give him his props.
    If their was a award for Most Fun To Watch, I'd give it to Bobby hands down. No contest.
    8/13/16

Different strokes for different folks. I personally find Dale McDowell to be the most fun to watch. He's just so incredibly smooth with his driving.

How many of those Speedweeks features were much longer than a Bmain? Florida is way over valued for the purpose of determining driver performance for the season. It's great for fans and fun, but if you've got your stuff right out of the gate (house cars have a big advantage here) and you're good at those couple of tracks, you can rack up a lot of wins that would take you two months to get otherwise. I'm not saying they aren't legit wins, but winning 25 lap Speedweek features at three tracks are way over-rated.

I look forward to seeing Josh join the Lucas tour so we can see the guys that want to be contenders for Driver of the Year battle it out. If Shep, Clanton or JD win 20 races on some junior circuit I will be just as frustrated if they are being considered for Driver of the Year...especially if they don't win a good chunk of high dollar races.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    How many of those Speedweeks features were much longer than a Bmain? Florida is way over valued for the purpose of determining driver performance for the season. It's great for fans and fun, but if you've got your stuff right out of the gate (house cars have a big advantage here) and you're good at those couple of tracks, you can rack up a lot of wins that would take you two months to get otherwise. I'm not saying they aren't legit wins, but winning 25 lap Speedweek features at three tracks are way over-rated.

I look forward to seeing Josh join the Lucas tour so we can see the guys that want to be contenders for Driver of the Year battle it out. If Shep, Clanton or JD win 20 races on some junior circuit I will be just as frustrated if they are being considered for Driver of the Year...especially if they don't win a good chunk of high dollar races.
    Tell me which track was it that had a 25 lap super late model feature during speedweek last winter? Eastbay, Volusia, or are you just blowing smoke out of your a$$

Quote Originally Posted by birky time View Post
    I agree with this good post i like routing for the underdog
    Ditto .......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

11 of 18 Speedweeks races this year were 40 laps or more, 2 were 25 and 3 30 and 1 was 35. Josh out-performed Scott head to head no matter how many laps they ran or what time of year, it is what it is, we're 31 days away from a new season.
    Last edited by Ryan21mid; 11-30-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post

Josh Richards had the third most wins on the LOLMDS this season and he only ran 11 of their races. He set the all time wins record on the WoO, which has a bunch of high quality teams following who are competitive when they race against LOLMDS as well (Clanton, and Overton both have won races Bloomquist, Davenport, Owens, etc were in multiple times this season). He beat Bloomquist head to head by almost a 2:1 ratio.

Also, those Speedweeks races -- the vast majority of them (especially the ones won by Josh) are more than 25 laps. He beat Bloomquist and Davenport in a 60 lap event at GI, and won another there as well. He won two races (110 total laps, $25,000 total) in the first weekend of the LOLMDS season. He won a few shorter races as well at East Bay, but then won three at Volusia that were not particularly short.

After Speedweeks he went on to get a bunch more wins, 6 of which paid more than $10k including the $20k at PPMS, $26k at FALS, and $50k at Cedar Lake (Bloomquist had one $50k win as well). He finished second at the Dream (a race Bloomquist didn't even qualify for) and 3rd at the DTWC (Bloomquist 11th). He lost one big money race to Bloomquist (Firecracker) but otherwise beat him in the rest of the Big Money shows he ran against him. I don't really know what metric you would like to use in determining who the best driver is but I'm not sure how it could come out with anybody but Richards at the top.