Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild fires

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    The fact that all someone is worried about is if a friggin race track burned to the ground pisses me off to no end. I guess being born and raised here makes it worse but people have lost lives, over 700 homes, business etc have been damaged or destroyed and someone is worried about if there was a racetrack anywhere close that was damaged is unbelievable. My apologies for overreacting possibly but there are more important issues and problems than if a race track was hurt.
    Maybe that was the original poster way of starting this thread instead of taking slack for it being in the dlm section of this forum. Yes body total as of now is 11. Thoughts and prayers to the families. Insurance can replace everything but loved ones.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Race tracks and race shops are owned and sometimes inhabited by the residents , I think his concern
    ( like all of us and most of America) is just the well being of the whole region.

This being a racing forum, I think it was just an innocent racing related question.

Watching one of our most beautiful areas in America burn like that and its residents suffer so mightily is heartbreaking ......speaking for many I'm sure, we are very sorry for your suffering.

As a coastal resident and having had to rebuild a few times in my life after some hurricane activity, it will make you stronger and the regions people more compassionate ......it's just one of the un intended consequences of tragedy.

Our prayers are with you.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Race tracks and race shops are owned and sometimes inhabited by the residents , I think his concern
    ( like all of us and most of America) is just the well being of the whole region.

This being a racing forum, I think it was just an innocent racing related question.

Watching one of our most beautiful areas in America burn like that and its residents suffer so mightily is heartbreaking ......speaking for many I'm sure, we are very sorry for your suffering.

As a coastal resident and having had to rebuild a few times in my life after some hurricane activity, it will make you stronger and the regions people more compassionate ......it's just one of the un intended consequences of tragedy.

Our prayers are with you.
    Great post. I've sent donations to the area and will be visiting a couple times this oming year to show support and pump some money to local businesses. This is by far my favorite region in the US to visit. Prayers to all affected

Possibly and that's why I apologized at the bottom of the original post that I had made in advance. The majority of the fires was just the leaf litter that was laying on the ground and very rarely actually in the tree tops which helped quite a bit as far as it slowing down with the rain, unfortunately it was in the leaf litter and ground and there are still fires igniting and rekindling. We are set to get some more good soaking rains this weekend and early next week that should help with the fires and drought even more.

Possibly and that's why I apologized at the bottom of the original post that I had made in advance. The majority of the fires was just the leaf litter that was laying on the ground and very rarely actually in the tree tops which helped quite a bit as far as it slowing down with the rain, unfortunately it was in the leaf litter and ground and there are still fires igniting and rekindling. We are set to get some more good soaking rains this weekend and early next week that should help with the fires and drought even more.
    Hang in there man. I know words can't replace what has been lost, but there are a lot of people thinking about you guys in that area.

seen where Cory Hedgeco(k was donating all merchandise sales to a relief fund I'll order 3-4 just for that sole purpose. I'm with cutman too it's by far our favorite place to visit and I'll go back this summer as usual

Theres a trailor set up in a parking lot near where I live set up for donating items for the families
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Emotions are running high.......no apology really even necessary........our prayers are with you all.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Alamo Steak House is gone,that sucks. I'm in western NC roughly 2 hrs from that area and we are surrounded by fires in NC,Tennessee and N. Ga.Hopefully this rain will help get them under control.They arrested a suspect this evening that is believed to have started some of them in NC.

The Alamo steakhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Just feel bad for everyone there. I will be making sure I go back next year to support the great people of the Smokies.

We ate at the Alamo Steakhouse on November 10th. Great place to eat. Our hearts are heavy as we watched this whole mess unfold. Are plans are to return for Christmas but I'm sure we will be very sad as well. These people need our help. Give if you can and also visit as often as possible.

Has anyone else noticed there have been no reports of looting that I am aware of.No rioting,no blaming the government.Instead of demanding help and expecting someone to come in and make everyting better for them all I seen anyone ask for is prayers.You sure as hell ain't seen Al Sharton,Jesse Jackson 0r Oprah Winfrey that I'm aware of.
    Prayers to all those affected and thank god for some soaking rain that will hopefully get things back to normal

Has anyone else noticed there have been no reports of looting that I am aware of.No rioting,no blaming the government.Instead of demanding help and expecting someone to come in and make everyting better for them all I seen anyone ask for is prayers.You sure as hell ain't seen Al Sharton,Jesse Jackson 0r Oprah Winfrey that I'm aware of.
    Prayers to all those affected and thank god for some soaking rain that will hopefully get things back to normal
    That's because after everyone evacuated, no one has been allowed back in except for some spurts for business owners and now homeowners. There's a curfew in place, everyone has to leave. If anyone doesn't leave, they'll get picked up by the police. They say they will allow the town to reopen on Friday.

Has anyone else noticed there have been no reports of looting that I am aware of.No rioting,no blaming the government.Instead of demanding help and expecting someone to come in and make everyting better for them all I seen anyone ask for is prayers.You sure as hell ain't seen Al Sharton,Jesse Jackson 0r Oprah Winfrey that I'm aware of. Prayers to all those affected and thank god for some soaking rain that will hopefully get things back to normal
    Thats because its Dollys town. Theres no need for Black lives Matter...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Thats because its Dollys town. Theres no need for Black lives Matter...lol
    Its were the people that live next to you open the door and put you to bed...No one there cares what color you are just that you need help...Sounds like were I lived as a kid thats all gone now....Now my doors locked and 30 bucks to sound for help for the ones that will steal you blind....