Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

what were the problems at the Kemper KC race?

Last edited by calverton; 12-03-2016 at 07:39 PM.

kemper and indy were 1/3rd this size of the dome football field is 120 yrds or 360 feet where the basketball court is 94 ft

duqouin race is 1/6 th mile dome is just under a 1/4 mile

Quote Originally Posted by muddy mike View Post
    I been to your little race in Tulsa its a nice little race lol you got free tickets your not supporting anything just another big mouth with a keyboard. Last time I checked this was a late model board. I will leave all the queer stuff to you since that's your thing.
    My, my!! We're very touchy, aren't we. LOL!! You tunnel vision late model geeks get very touchy and defensive, don't ya'!! LOL!! Inferiority complex, or what? LOLOL!!

Only free tickets are to the Friday late model deal. If not for that we wouldn't be going to St. Louis at all.

When you're done pouting, dry your eyes and point out anything that I've said that isn't true or distinctly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    And too much time on his hands
    You obviously take the time to read what posted, so who exactly has too much time? LOL@U.

I'm coming from Paducah,KY!

Only free tickets are to the Friday late model deal. If not for that we wouldn't be going to St. Louis at all. then you are not a racefan but a leach but carryon

Default did you know

Quote Originally Posted by BigNasty View Post
    personally , I'm flying in from South Dakota . Chiefs game on Sunday ! little weekend racecation !!
    my pool playin buddy bignasty from souix falls

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I've said this from the beginning inside racing never works out, yea I know about the Chilli Bowl. I'm glad I wasn't one of those suckers that ran out and spent several hundred dollars on tickets almost a year in advance.....But I do hope it's successful, I'm going to wait and see how things go then make my decision Friday or Saturday morning. The fact there are going to be 250 mortifieds horrifies me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The prospect of 250 mortifieds is indeed horrifying!! LOL!!
    110 modifieds are going home after two qualifying sessions...

Does anyone read anything anymore?

That leaves 40 to run non qualifiers on Thursday and narrows it down to 100-104 for fri/sat depending if the top two in each non-qual decide to do the alphabet soup.

The guys who spin out 3-4times in the feature are not going to be in that top 100-104. I'm going fri/sat staying in some ole gals apartment through airbnb for $50 bucks a night. 20 bars between our place and the venue, gotta hit them all!

As I've stated before any race track anywhere can put on a terrible, mediocre, or great show. One of my worst was the late models and WoO sprints on the Indy mile. Cold, damp, windy (enough to collapse wings) and not to mention taking your life in your own hands by staying at the Fairgrounds Inn. Still remember the cab company not wanting to pick us up to go downtown and then on return, waiting to see our room light come on! Also remember seeing the track crew come out with a garden size tractor with a rotary broom on it, trying to get rid of the dust etc. Pretty funny sight seeing something that small on the front stretch of the mile. Afterwards there was no bashing on forums etc. Man, the good old days. You just dealt with it and went to the next track.

What I do find interesting is that, despite a certain opinion, the Du Quoin indoor races have had issues per Mark McKeon of the Area Auto Racing News (a great subscription) on March 22, 2016. Some excerpts.....

"Golobic Grabs Pot O' Gold in Shamrock Classic Midget Marathon"
    54 midgets on hand, checkered flag fell at nearly midnight, nearly seven hours after the 5pm post time with Outlaw Kart feature yet to be run.
    Main event didn't start until 10:36 pm and was plagued by a number of yellow and red flags.
    The yellow and red flags were relentless and sapped the soul from the event.
    The track was reworked from the top to the bottom on three occasions, with just a minimum amount of track equipment.

The late Bryan Clauson was the promoter of this event and even this mega dirt star had an outcome he surely didn't want or expect. Sometimes things go wrong, even with the best laid plans.

My point is this. Let's all praise the promoters who try these events, no matter the outcome. Plus is any sporting event really that important to get everyone taking sides like they are? Let's all remember what's truly important and be grateful for what we have and remember those we have lost, while they did their best to entertain us.
    Last edited by CMatich; 12-05-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Video of the dirt going down in the dome is on Facebook. That is going to be a very small racetrack from the looks of it.

Yes they call it a1/5 mile could be some good racing yes there will be some sheet metal torn up that's a given
    Last edited by calverton; 12-05-2016 at 06:20 PM.

we all need to support this event look at the location it's down town in a metro area do think that maybe corp big shots may take a look and see what it's all about

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Video of the dirt going down in the dome is on Facebook. That is going to be a very small racetrack from the looks of it.

Is it going to be as flat as it looks, are those preformed concrete construction barriers the walls?

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    we all need to support this event look at the location it's down town in a metro area do think that maybe corp big shots may take a look and see what it's all about
    Perverton are you serious?

yes those walls are concrete and no you can'y move em I would bet what is down right now is base of the track

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Perverton are you serious?
    yes I am why because my brother told me and he is a big shot at Centeen

It's the first night, I ain't going to look too much into what everything looks like now. My guess there will be some banking, it just takes time.

I'm thinking 10 degrees banking in corners
    I am what I am