Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CMatich View Post
    What I do find interesting is that, despite a certain opinion, the Du Quoin indoor races have had issues per Mark McKeon of the Area Auto Racing News (a great subscription) on March 22, 2016. Some excerpts.....

"Golobic Grabs Pot O' Gold in Shamrock Classic Midget Marathon"
    54 midgets on hand, checkered flag fell at nearly midnight, nearly seven hours after the 5pm post time with Outlaw Kart feature yet to be run.
    Main event didn't start until 10:36 pm and was plagued by a number of yellow and red flags.
    The yellow and red flags were relentless and sapped the soul from the event.
    The track was reworked from the top to the bottom on three occasions, with just a minimum amount of track equipment.

The late Bryan Clauson was the promoter of this event and even this mega dirt star had an outcome he surely didn't want or expect. Sometimes things go wrong, even with the best laid plans.

My point is this. Let's all praise the promoters who try these events, no matter the outcome. Plus is any sporting event really that important to get everyone taking sides like they are? Let's all remember what's truly important and be grateful for what we have and remember those we have lost, while they did their best to entertain us.
    Yep, the March 2016 show went way, way longer than it should have. I know, I was there for the whole thing. Bryan and his fiancee', Lauren Stewart were none too pleased with how thing progressed. Bryan said so on more than one occasion following the Shamrock Classic.

There are two important points I would respectfully take strong issue with you and Mr. McKeon.

#1. The track prep equipment was not minimal. I don't know where he's coming from on that point but there was 2 separate units tilling the track and the water trucks used were the same ones used to water the mile track and there were plenty of vehicles to run it back in. I also believe the track would NOT have had to be reworked the 3rd time (and maybe not the 2nd time, either) had it not been for the support class. This event was the first time in the history of racing in the SIC that there had been a support class.

#2. Nowhere did Mr. McKeon say that the racing was not very good all night. That is because he'd have been lying if he'd said that. It's one thing to have a long running show that features good racing. It's totally another to have a long running show and the racing is not good, but that was not the case.

Most everyone in attendance that night knew this event had a legacy of being one of the top shows of the year in regards to entertainment and excitement. And when things started to go long everyone also knew that Bryan and Lauren were as frustrated as anyone in the building with how things progressed. I think Bryan and Lauren discovered that support classes aren't the way to go at this event and a myriad of technical problems in the attempt to give the event a super cross motorcycle feel didn't really add to the quality of the show. Even if they'd come off without serious glitches. It's a safe bet had they ever embarked on promoting this deal again none of that would have been part of the proceedings, or at least it would have been held to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Is it going to be as flat as it looks, are those preformed concrete construction barriers the walls?
    No it won't be flat, you build it in stages. Yes they are preformed concrete they lock them together with rebar, they are the same thing as the chili bowl uses and does 2 or 3 high in the corners.

It will be banked 3 blocks high according to Kevin Gundaker, it is going to be as close of a duplicate of Bel Claire speedway as they can get. It should be an excellent show.
    Last edited by westlingracing; 12-05-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westlingracing View Post
    It will be banked 3 blocks high according to Kevin Gundaker, it is going to be as close of a duplicate of Bel Claire speedway as they can get. It should be an excellent show.
    If it is 3 blocks high how high is that 6 9 ft or what
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by cirf View Post
    yep, the march 2016 show went way, way longer than it should have. I know, i was there for the whole thing. Bryan and his fiancee', lauren stewart were none too pleased with how thing progressed. Bryan said so on more than one occasion following the shamrock classic.there are two important points i would respectfully take strong issue with you and mr. Mckeon.#1. The track prep equipment was not minimal. I don't know where he's coming from on that point but there was 2 separate units tilling the track and the water trucks used were the same ones used to water the mile track and there were plenty of vehicles to run it back in. I also believe the track would not have had to be reworked the 3rd time (and maybe not the 2nd time, either) had it not been for the support class. This event was the first time in the history of racing in the sic that there had been a support class.#2. Nowhere did mr. Mckeon say that the racing was not very good all night. That is because he'd have been lying if he'd said that. It's one thing to have a long running show that features good racing. It's totally another to have a long running show and the racing is not good, but that was not the case. Most everyone in attendance that night knew this event had a legacy of being one of the top shows of the year in regards to entertainment and excitement. And when things started to go long everyone also knew that bryan and lauren were as frustrated as anyone in the building with how things progressed. I think bryan and lauren discovered that support classes aren't the way to go at this event and a myriad of technical problems in the attempt to give the event a super cross motorcycle feel didn't really add to the quality of the show. Even if they'd come off without serious glitches. It's a safe bet had they ever embarked on promoting this deal again none of that would have been part of the proceedings, or at least it would have been held to a minimum.
    yeah we will believe you over a professional writer and yes your eyes are brown , by the way if the track can't handle 1 support class well either they can't prepare the track properly or the class need we working

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    No it won't be flat, you build it in stages. Yes they are preformed concrete they lock them together with rebar, they are the same thing as the chili bowl uses and does 2 or 3 high in the corners.
    It will be interesting to watch the progress, where are they getting the dirt?

Facebook is going nuts right now

why do they see Bobby's hauler sitting out front??

no just the comments about the track

Question: Bloomquist is pictured on the race teaser but I was under the impression that he wasn't going to go. I'd be surprised if he was going, doesn't really seem like his type of event unless his sponsors want him there. You can bet he won't be taking his best piece if so.

he is on the entry list.

I'm just excited to see Ronnie Johnson again. I haven't seen him action since the late 90s...bring on the flash! It wouldn't surprise me if Bloomquist doesn't show.

There's a guy on here that can anwser this question, and it's not Centeroff, as much as he would like it to be.

Rickybrown
    Those concrete baricade blocks are something like 3ft high? So do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Question: Bloomquist is pictured on the race teaser but I was under the impression that he wasn't going to go. I'd be surprised if he was going, doesn't really seem like his type of event unless his sponsors want him there. You can bet he won't be taking his best piece if so.
    Not only is Bloomquist coming.... I believe he's running both classes

CIRF, don't take "strong issue" with me, I was just passing on what a reporter had written. Also nothing was said about the racing quality, good or bad. The point being made was that any promoter can have an event go not as planned despite their best intentions.

Do find it funny how you stated that late model geeks get tunnel vision, touchy, defensive and have an inferiority complex. Kinda your response to the AARN article.

I will defend you, in that you were called childish names by muddy mike. Seems like people just can't cuss and discuss like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by westlingracing View Post
    Rickybrown Those concrete baricade blocks are something like 3ft high? So do the math.
    Let's see now I went to a small school in southern Missouri but I think 3×3 is 9 I think Lol
    I am what I am

Wow they have schools in so Mo lol

Quote was, corners would be 7-10 feet deep, depending on what they felt would race best. This was a answer to a FB post on the event site.

So if its 8ft at the top and 1ft at the bottom what would be the degrees of banking be I'm thinking about 12 degrees if so should be some REAL good racing
    I am what I am