Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default How far are you coming for the Gateway Nationals ?

personally , I'm flying in from South Dakota . Chiefs game on Sunday ! little weekend racecation !!

Coming from Kentucky. About a 6.5 hour drive for my brother and I.
    T3G Never Forget, Hardly Remember

13 miles for me might even come by soul train aka metrolink

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Good thing!! You might get hurt walking.

Iowa around 6 hour drive. Can't wait!!!!

From Knoxville, TN -- about 7 hours' drive.

A lil under 6.5 from my driveway I'm south central Ohio.

680 miles from SC

64 feet.........from front door to recliner and Samsung plasma 50.......you guys have a ton of fun, see you up there next year, I'm dod ing it in 2016.

Ironic that litey is taking the soul train........what with his word scramble posts and all.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Good thing!! You might get hurt walking. Iowa around 6 hour drive. Can't wait!!!!
    and may you fall on the ice that weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    64 feet.........from front door to recliner and Samsung plasma 50.......you guys have a ton of fun, see you up there next year, I'm dod ing it in 2016.Ironic that litey is taking the soul train........what with his word scramble posts and all.
    but I AM GOING and you will only get part of the experience

but I AM GOING and you will only get part of the experience
    I am envious of all that are........except for the face planting on the sidewalk risks and all of that.

I'll suffer through the hi def, walk to the fridge and grill, having the grand babies in my lap experience the best I can......y'all have a ton of fun.

Totally serious here, think hammerle will do pretty good........I think he makes the feature or is a serious threat too.( no, I have not been drinking bourbon for breakfast)
    Would be the best story in motorsports for quite some time.

Haven't really been a fan of all the ( for lack of a better word) shell games played out on the net about the tickets , sell out, not sold out, driver entries hype etc., but have been a huge fan of the concept, the fortitude to design the show and see it through.

The names involved behind this are no joke , these guys know what they are doing in their respective roles and I see it being something that will be talked about for a very long time.........

Early Merry Christmas guys....hope somebody gets an early Christmas present in St. Louis when their favorite wins.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hammerlee will hard pressed making the amain but just like true racer he is not words but speedway ill words he is one of three finalist this year mike is true to the blue racer and having fun no matter what the outcome, yes the ticket shenigans got me pizzed off also but still going always like to the very first event of its kind

How many late models and modifieds are gonna be there?

We'll be coming about 2 1/2 hours down I-55 for the Friday night action at St. Louis. After the action is over in St. Louis we'll make the 1 hour 30 minute drive East to Whittington, IL to our rooms on Rend Lake. Saturday morning we'll do breakfast in Du Quoin and then go hang around the pit area at The Southern Illinois Center and talk to some old friends we haven't seen in a while. Then around 1 PM when the stands open up we'll tape down a blanket in preparation for the Knepper 55. After that we'll prolly go uptown Du Quoin to the St. Nicholas Brewery for some craft beer and and great food. By that time it'll be near 4PM and the start of hot laps!!

One of the guys in our group who will be with us at Du Quoin will no doubt be checking out the St. Louis event on Periscope periodically to see what is going on over in St. Louis. Nothin' like killin' two birds with one stone!

Hope everyone that attends a race that weekend gets to watch good racing and has a great time whether it be at Du Quoin or St. Louis. It'll be a week before Christmas and a magical time of year made even more magical by the opportunity to watch dirt racing in the Midwest.

Really looking forward to the whole weekend. Merry Christmas!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-30-2016 at 09:01 AM.

About 110mi and making a mini vacation out of it. Staying 4 nights at the Crown Plaza Hotel a block or two away from the race.

Watch the schedule. Last westbound Metrolink train is at 12:04

coming from Bellvegas. I hope Barbequeboy is right about Hammerle but qualifying is the problem i think he could possibly race his way in if he has a good starting spot in the heats but hes not the best at time trials.

Nor tacky track for Mike the slicker the better

446 mi, with a stop in Eagle Rock Missouri on the way up.

I think the boys from Illinois have a distinct advantage. They seem to be in the minority that race these very short and tight tracks yearly. Pierce, Babb, Erb, Sheppard, Feger, Unzinger and don't rule out Keven Weaver the flat land flash.

One thing is for sure. No one will have book on this track, because it has never been before.