Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

some quotes from Smoke on why he would want to run at brownstown.... “I’m partial to this place,” Stewart said of Brownstown Speedway. “I used to come here all the time. The one summer my dad and I quit racing, my buddy and I used to come here every Saturday night. That’s when Roger Williams promoted here. I ended up dating his niece because of being here. This place has always been cool to me. We wanted to get a date last year, but by the time I bought the All Stars, the schedules were pretty set.” Stewart said his fondest memory at Brownstown Speedway was winning in Barnett’s car, which was built by CJ Rayburn. “Yeah, I could see myself coming back,” Stewart said. “Next year, starting after they drop the checkered flag at (Homestead-Miami Speedway), I get to start doing whatever I want whenever I want again. I get to go have fun again.”
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Is anybody actually surprised that Tony would get a new Rocket? I mean, he's tight with the Rocket gang.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Calverton.....why in the hell would you copy and paste all that?
    The funny part is he even edited his comment and still came up with all that.

Why does he still claim he is going to be at the NASCAR race every weekend because he is still a team owner but not a driver.

Jensenracing, I know all that. I saw the pix. We're taking about Tony Stewart here. He's not retiring, he's done driving a NASCAR cup car full time. He still owns the team, he's still a high level guy, and will have the highest level equipment in both Sprint cars, and LM's. He now owns the ASCoC Sprint car series, and Eldora. His last LM foray was Rocket cars,with Cornett power , prepared by Mark Richards, hauled to the track by MRRE, crew chiefed by Josh Richards. That is what the thread is about, not Tony running a crate car at Brownstown, which the village idiot would have you believe.
    Last edited by Senroc-Systems; 12-01-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Also, no where in that statement does it say anything about a crate car. The "getting a date" is referring to the All Stars Sprint Series. The Steve Barnett reference is referring to his relationship ship with Steve back when Tony Had the JD Byrider cars, which Steve Barnett maintained and hauled for Tony.

Unless something changes or an out of court settlement is reached stewy might have to forgo some of his racing activities in lieu of being present at some New York State civil litigation proceedings.

Will he possibly run a Late model at the Dome?
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by rickybrown1952 View Post
    Will he possibly run a Late model at the Dome?
    It's probably doubtful. According to what I've been hearing there is an outside chance that Stewart would show up and drive a midget at Du Quoin for the December 17th running of the Knepper 55 in the Southern Illinois Center. Stewart is confirmed to compete at The Chili Bowl in January and there is speculation that he would race at Du Quoin as a tune up of sorts for The Chili Bowl. We shall see.

Also, the past few years he's raced at the indoor midget show over the New Years holiday at Ft. Wayne, Indiana but haven't seen any confirmation on that, either.

he will put fans in the stands and we need that

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    And they aren't real fans, they won't last long. They are stargazers.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Very, very good point cnbf.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Very, very good point cnbf.
    And we will see how many fans he has left after he crashes someone just about every week.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

And we will see how many fans he has left after he crashes someone just about every week.
    Unfortunately, some "fans" love that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymo View Post
    Unfortunately, some "fans" love that crap.
    Your absolutely right, Jeff. However, I'd like to think that dirt racing fans are a bit more informed and fair minded than to be accepting of such behavior. But then again, the mentality that is on display here on a regular basis tends to fly in the face of that thought!! LOL!!

Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Not really.
    Wait......... What?

Every Lucas, WOO and Summer Nationals race I've been to have been packed, they don't need crazy Tony or that idiot Kenny Wallace in his mortified.

Really, if he puts a fanny in the stands, It's good for racing. It is up to the track to keep them coming back. Everyone comes for a reason. We don't get to pick the reason. Since when is it ok to come see Bloomquist, Moyer, T Mac Pierce or Owens, but not ok to come for Stewart? If they come for wrecks or just the 3 and 4 wide that cause them.

Sorry, you can't come to the race, because you have a 14 on your T shirt. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Wait......... What?
    don't mind clayton he is stargazed for hendricks racing and bloomer he loves cheaters I GUESS