Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Florence Speedway

I havn't seen a post about the race track closing so I thought Id ask .... Ive been hearing its going to happen in the next 5 years or so .... Anyone have an ideal what kinda impact this will have on local racing in this area .... ( Southern Ohio )
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Doubt it happens.

As long as they have the North/South and the Ralph Latham, they're not closing.

That being said, the regular shows are a shell of their former a selves....

Josh is member on this site, he would be the man to ask.

I honestly don't see it happening. They get good turnouts in fans and cars, no reason to shut down if that keeps up. Plus they're planning to build a new HoF building there. It would be dumb to build that, just to have to move it.

Ok ...What i heard was sewer lines are being run along rt 42 ... This has made the 40 something acre's value go up .... I dont know the numbers of what the property in worth now .... I can only assume the property will be splt up & sold for new home construction ....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

I believe Josh has referred to this somewhat in the recent past(maybe a DoD interview). Mentioned something about the subdivisions creeping closer to the track. A mention of selling was in there, but with more money going into the hall of fame and the north/spurt continuing to grow, let's hope it's here to stay!

For this years North South I was camped along the fence line in the main parking lot. There was quite a bit of smell of raw sewage in that area. New sewer lines my not be all bad. But I would agree, with the size of the North South show now, looks like it is going to be a three day show from now on. Plus they are the only track in the Norther KY/Cincy area that runs Late Models as part of their weekly show. I would hate to see them close.

Quote Originally Posted by RTW View Post
    For this years North South I was camped along the fence line in the main parking lot. There was quite a bit of smell of raw sewage in that area. New sewer lines my not be all bad. But I would agree, with the size of the North South show now, looks like it is going to be a three day show from now on. Plus they are the only track in the Norther KY/Cincy area that runs Late Models as part of their weekly show. I would hate to see them close.
    You don't consider Moler a Cincy area track??
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

For the right money who knows what might happen, money talks

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    For the right money who knows what might happen, money talks
    Ever wonder why they shut down after the N/S for a few weeks, think about it. It would take a pretty large chunk of change for them to lock the gates on that place, just because of that race alone.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Ever wonder why they shut down after the N/S for a few weeks, think about it. It would take a pretty large chunk of change for them to lock the gates on that place, just because of that race alone.
    How many buildable acres are there? In a housing boom, that place would fetch serious dough for a development
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    How many buildable acres are there? In a housing boom, that place would fetch serious dough for a development
    Developers and lawyers, aka the scum of the earth. Just what Boone County needs, more Drees McMansions and some dumbass subdivision name like Oak Manor after they clear the oaks and plant Bradford pears.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Developers and lawyers, aka the scum of the earth. Just what Boone County needs, more Drees McMansions and some dumbass subdivision name like Oak Manor after they clear the oaks and plant Bradford pears.
    Can't disagree. But, money talks...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Sad but true. Once them subdivisions get close enough, some white collar @sshat who just purchased a McMansion will complain to the county that this den of rednecks is ruining his home value and degrading his quality of life. Said douchebag will then petition other nearby douchebags who purchased said McMansions knowing the track was there and had been for over 40 years. Douchebag list will undoubtedly include a lawyer, developer, or zoning person or two, possibly even health and safety people. Next thing you know, the track will be declared a nuisance and public health threat by the douchebags.

Sad but true. Once them subdivisions get close enough, some white collar @sshat who just purchased a McMansion will complain to the county that this den of rednecks is ruining his home value and degrading his quality of life. Said douchebag will then petition other nearby douchebags who purchased said McMansions knowing the track was there and had been for over 40 years. Douchebag list will undoubtedly include a lawyer, developer, or zoning person or two, possibly even health and safety people. Next thing you know, the track will be declared a nuisance and public health threat by the douchebags.
    You are 100% correct. But all LM outside one national Nascaresque tour will likely be crate by then anyway.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It's a business isn't it? That is what businesses do, build their value through increased holdings or assets of one sort or the other. This attitude of some race fans comes up often, "I am entitled to have a place to watch races, how dare them close or sell out"? Nothing says it will sell or that they or someone wouldn't rebuild elsewhere if they did. Urban sprawl has created one of the few opportunities for race track owners to grow their net worth, the value of the property the track sits on. There is very little blue sky or brand value in a race track any more, even one that has a history as good as Florence.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Like I said money talks, I'm not saying anything is going to happen but, what's the old saying for the right amount of money anything can be bought.

And I just hit the like button

Jokes on you. My McMansion in Boone County is built by Fischer.

I think the biggest worry is that Triple Crown is expanding at an alarming rate. It's half way down Hicks Pike at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    Jokes on you. My McMansion in Boone County is built by Fischer.

I think the biggest worry is that Triple Crown is expanding at an alarming rate. It's half way down Hicks Pike at this point.
    Drees, Fischer, Schumacher.....tomato tomahto. Triple Crown is the requisite nest of white collar folks with kids named Tanner, Brooke, Brayden, etc. who would likely be the catalyst of complaints about the noise, traffic, dust, etc. Nothing like a golf course and McMansion subdivision to ruin a nice patch of productive forest or a farm, but it's the way of suburban sprawl and unchecked growth. Boone County is turning into one giant slab of concrete, subdivisions, and shopping centers. Used to live in NKY. Lots of good folks there, but way too much development for my taste.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 12-04-2016 at 11:51 PM.