Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cirf View Post
    it'd be about the only thing that would increase attendance 'cause the racing dam sure won't add to the crowd! Lol!!

How green their money is and how stupid it sounds is two distinctly different things. This deal smacks of a bit of desperation on both sides. Nascar was desperate for a title sponsor and the caffeine and glucose pushers saw an opportunity to go a bit, and i mean just a bit, beyond the tattoo and piercings crowd of jumping motor bikes and x games.

Has anyone seen what's in that stuff? Yeesh!! 100 calories, 180 mg of sodium, 54 grams of glucose (that oughta' make your tattoo's glow!!), 160 grams of caffeine!! (i'll bet it makes your hair grow!) there is even a warning printed on the can that strongly advises against consumption of more than 48 oz. Per 24 hour period. In australia the warning is only 16 oz.'s per 24 hours. It sounds like this stuff should be dispensed by prescription only! Lol!!

meh............................................... .....

there goes cirf again hating on stock cars what joke

I reckon the caffeine and glucose pushers are better than no title sponsor at all.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    According to my local paper, Corona, who owns Monster Energy, hasn't decided on what the official name will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    How about Monster Cup lol
    Didnt NASCAR ban alcohol ads a few years back? Monster Cup sounds great
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

what was Winston ooops

Looks like dodge might be coming back in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    what was Winston ooops

You don't know what a Winston?

Yes a cancer stick any other questions

Yes a cancer stick any other questions
    yeah What's a cancer stick?

What do you think it is you maroon

What do you think it is you maroon

Not sure what it is

I get it that it doesn't matter where the money comes from, it all spends the same. But the racing was better when the beer and cigarette people were the title sponsors. Winston was in napcar and nhra. Skoal WoO sprints and hav-a-tampa late models. I guess they have to appeal to a different crowd. I don't drink the energy drinks and if I forget my cell phone, no big deal. But if I forgot my natty light and menthol lights we got problems.

and monster was sponsoring a cup team this year also , what do think 5hour energy drink is also
    i heard talk that Boyer could not take 5 hr with him as monster on kurts car had a contract that spelled out specifics on that.

I heard Monster only paid 20 million to become the title sponsor some race teams get that much, and it wont be called cup any more.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    I heard Monster only paid 20 million to become the title sponsor some race teams get that much, and it wont be called cup any more.
    Not calling anyone out but I think ya gotta wait for the total package to be announced.....

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Not calling anyone out but I think ya gotta wait for the total package to be announced.....
    Bet it wont wind up much more than that, nascar has been in a steady decline they can't demand the big bucks like they once did Sprint was spending 75 million annually Monster won't be near that.

Dang Nascar is still running? Haven't seen evidence of it's existence in sports reports etc in a year or two haha

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    Bet it wont wind up much more than that, nascar has been in a steady decline they can't demand the big bucks like they once did Sprint was spending 75 million annually Monster won't be near that.
    That's what everyone keeps saying but they signed a multi billion dollar TV deal just two years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by A ron View Post
    Dang Nascar is still running? Haven't seen evidence of it's existence in sports reports etc in a year or two haha
    ^^^^^^^^+1