Thread: Stiffer springs

Default Stiffer springs

Looking at some videos, my car seems to be laying over on the right side more than others. My current springs are: LF 800, RF 850, LR 200, RR 175. I've got the springs to go: LF 900, RF 1000, LR 250, RR 225. the car is a Mid size GM metric 3000 lbs. What difference should I expect? I'm hoping that by stiffing up the springs I can keep it a little flatter in the corners.

Since you have the springs to try this I'd suggest you try this combo; LF 800, RF 900, LR 225, RR 175. Of course your cross and rear, as well as the tires you have to run and other variables play into this. Some will disagree with these splits but this is close to what we usually are at with our 3000# Pro Stock.

I always try to keep my shock travel to 4 1/2 inch I spring to that

When I pulled the springs, I found that I didn't have the most recent set up sheet. Front springs were LF 750, RF 900. I can't remember the logic behind that split. I put the LF 900, RF 1000, LR 225, RR 200 springs in the car. It took me less than an hour. Have a play day this weekend, so I'm going to take several sets of springs with me and try a few different things. I've been told that stiffening the springs will not only make the car roll less in the turns, but it will also reduce side bite and if I go too far it will cause the car to "skate" up the track. Thanks .

you are running our exact spring setup. we did go to 200LR, 175RR, to help get a little more bite off, but thats probably more relative to our track. we are a #3200 lb nova . shocks seem to make a bigger difference once you nail a basic spring rate package
    LEAF SPRING NATION!!

Changing all 4 springs that much at once, It's had to say what it will do.Keep an open mind and just see what it will do.A lot of stock cars have such bad geometry that less travel helps. Typically if your track has banking or traction stiffer springs will help.

I would look at roll centers, weight placement, weak springs. Springs can go flat

Can you run rebuildable shocks?