Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default McCreadie officially in Longhorn house car

Per Longhorns facebook page, McCreadie named driver of Longhorn house car. Running Lucas

Congrats to him. Any word about who all will sponsor him?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Best of luck to TMac. I said before in another post i think he'll be strong next season. Hes definitely overdue

Good to hear, good for him, I think he'll be really good.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Congrats to him. Any word about who all will sponsor him?
    Press release says Sweeteners Plus, Carl Myers, and Vic Coffey with CME have agreed on sponsorship

TRINITY, N.C. — Looking to parlay their recent success into a national touring series championship, Longhorn Chassis has announced a new partnership with dirt late model veteran and 2006 World of Outlaws Late Model champion Tim McCreadie.

The Watertown, N.Y. driver has a storied resume and joins the North Carolina based chassis manufacturer as its house driver for 2017.

The new alliance, fueled by McCreadie’s longtime marketing partner Sweeteners Plus as the primary sponsor, will team up to pursue the 2017 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Championship.

“It’s no secret that there is a good working relationship between Tim and Longhorn”, said Longhorn’s Justin Labonte. “Tim works as hard as any driver I have ever met and he is a great fit for our program. His passion for success is unparalleled and his feedback has been extremely valuable in developing our new dirt late model chassis. We look forward to working with him and Sweeteners Plus in our collective pursuit of the 2017 Lucas Oil Championship.”

McCreadie, who worked very closely with the Longhorn stable in the late stages of 2016, finished third in the 2016 LOLMDS standings before debuting a new Longhorn Chassis during the World Finals at The Dirt Track @ Charlotte. McCreadie secured a Fast Time Award and two top-10 finishes (seventh & second) at Charlotte. One week later, the team then reeled off two preliminary victories and a strong runner-up finish in the National 100 at East Alabama Motor Speedway.

“First and foremost, I would like to thank Ann & Carl Myers and Sweetners Plus for all the support they have given me over the years,” said McCreadie. “I also have to thank Vic Coffey here at Coffey-McCreadie-Enterprises. I am grateful for the opportunities that these relationships have afforded me and my racing career.”

“With that said, Vic and I are very humbled that the Labonte family and Longhorn Chassis would include us in their plans to further the development of their chassis as their house car team. I can’t wait to get the 2017 season rolling and pursue the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series championship.”

While a complete 2017 schedule and the remainder of the team’s marketing partners are still being finalized, McCreadie will compete in numerous Crown Jewel and special event races that do not conflict with the 2017 Lucas Oil schedule.

The team will kick off its 2017 LOLMDS campaign on Feb. 10 at the Super Bowl of Racing at Golden Isles Speedway.

Congrats to tmac and longhorn for teaming up to concour the 2017 lucas oil title. This is exactly what he needed. Good luck in 2017!!
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

I agree and well deserved. Tim is well respected in the dirt late model world and represents his sponsor's and the sport very well. The labonte's are well respected in the racing world as well so, it should be a great fit for both. Looking forward to them to make some noise in 2017

maybe can have a JD or close to it

Any word if rumley is going to be the crew chief on the house car?? He seemed to be working closely with him at charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by pa_dirt View Post
    Any word if rumley is going to be the crew chief on the house car?? He seemed to be working closely with him at charlotte.
    You would think that would be the go to decision but since he said they wanted to scale back the time spent on racing I wouldn't see him taking on that position

Thia is great news, interested to see how the partnership all plays out and who they will have on the crew. I really think with a solid crew behind him he could have one hell of a year

Does Rumley still work at the Longhorn shop?

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    maybe can have a JD or close to it
    OMG J.D. why you want T Mac to tear the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) right rear quarter and tail section off the car the real reason Rumley is not doing much is they were tired of numbnuts tearing stuff up geeeez

but a win is a win and sheet metal is cheap

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    OMG J.D. why you want T Mac to tear the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) right rear quarter and tail section off the car the real reason Rumley is not doing much is they were tired of numbnuts tearing stuff up geeeez
    Lol, I'm going with no. Litey came back with his usual intelligent response, but I'll give ya a better one. JD drives hard, but I'm sorry, he doesn't tear sh!t up. With the rule changes, they were behind the eight ball, and never recovered. And when you don't run like ya did the previous year, you get frustrated, pi$$ed, and just ready to say fuk it. All that money and time and the results weren't anywhere close to the same. Though them were very abnormally high results.

They are both good drivers, though TMac certainly doesn't drive as hard as JD. Good luck to both next year.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I believe this will be the first nail in the coffin for Longhorn....no disrespect to tmac.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    I believe this will be the first nail in the coffin for Longhorn....no disrespect to tmac.
    Ok einstein, just cuz your red azzed for longhorn doesnt mean you will get what you want. All you want them to do is fail or fold.
    T-Mac will have his best shot at a title in 17'. You can get red azzed when he beats ur boy also. You got to feel confident in your ride before you can preform consistantly. That is what tmac will have in the lhhc. Accept it.

I'm going to miss that old hauler he's been dragging all over the country for the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    I'm going to miss that old hauler he's been dragging all over the country for the last 20 years.
    Who knows they might use it!