Default North Georgia race shops

Not sure if this would be the right area to post in but I'm trying to find some race shops or independent chassis builders in the north Georgia blue ridge area. Planning on taking a chance and moving from Florida to that area and getting more involved in the racing scene and getting a job at a shop if anybody could make some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

CVR is somewhere near the GA/TN border but Warrior would probably be more likely on up into TN. You may try contacting Dale McDowell, he's from that area and might could point you in a better direction than me, depending on what your actually wanting to do.
    Politically Incorrect.

Capital would probably be closer to the Blue Ridge area.I don't know if Winfred is doing anything with race cars any more but you can try him at Morris Auto Parts in Blue Ridge.Mayo Race Cars in Cleveland,Tn may have or know of something.
    Last edited by nuff said; 12-05-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Wolfpack Racing is now in Cleveland too. Skip Arp was doing a lot with them.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Capital would probably be closer to the Blue Ridge area.I don't know if Winfred is doing anything with race cars any more but you can try him at Morris Auto Parts in Blue Ridge.Mayo Race Cars in Cleveland,Tn may have or know of something.
    as far as i know, Winfred,s boy steve wound him up , a real piece of work , winfred is a good man though.......

Hope Winifred's ok ,he is a good guy.

Capital is the only place in No Ga. Morris no longer builds chassis. CVR and Warrior are 2 hour drives.

Winfred is a good man,I know he is still doing mechanical work,he gets parts from me fairly often.I just wasn't sure if he was doing any racing stuff,the subject hasn't came up lately.I figured he was done with it.

Capital is in Woodstock. Don't really consider that N Ga

You can get there in about an hour from Blue Ridge,maybe a little more.

Thanks guys I appreciate all the input. I wish mr.morris still built cars he built all our cars back in the earlys 2000s

ernie Elliot's engine shop
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Wildside Haulers that build quite a few of the toter/stacker haulers is located in Blue Ridge, also the owner is the co-promoter of Blue Ridge Motorsports Park (Sugar Creek) so that would kind of be in the racing business!

Capital is in Woodstock GA, practically in Atlanta... 65 miles from blue ridge, so... Marshall is a great guy to work for too. Like I said McDowell is close by so you might give him a ring also.
    Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 12-12-2016 at 09:18 AM.
    Politically Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    Capital is in Woodstock GA, practically in Atlanta... 65 miles from blue ridge, so...
    Capital isn't at all a bad drive from Blue Ridge, I know folks who work there who live just a few miles south of Blue Ridge and commute to work at Capital every day, about an hour commute. so...
    Last edited by RayCook53fan; 12-08-2016 at 02:07 PM.

so......It all depends on where you get a job and how bad you want to work. I make the drive to Dixie from Murphy fairly often and it takes around an hour and a half give or take a little.I get to Blue Ridge in 20 minutes,I can be at the airport in 2 hours.
    But I drove to Asheville and back everyday for 3 1/2 years,that took 2 hours each way.So my opinion of what a long commute is may be a little different than most folks.But the kids got fed.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Capital isn't at all a bad drive from Blue Ridge, I know folks who work there who live just a few miles south of Blue Ridge and commute to work at Capital every day, about an hour commute. so...
    so......It all depends on where you get a job and how bad you want to work. I make the drive to Dixie from Murphy fairly often and it takes around an hour and a half give or take a little.I get to Blue Ridge in 20 minutes,I can be at the airport in 2 hours.
    But I drove to Asheville and back everyday for 3 1/2 years,that took 2 hours each way.So my opinion of what a long commute is may be a little different than most folks.But the kids got fed.
    LOL So, So... I think we're in agreement, I was just pointing out there isn't much race wise anymore in North/North West Georgia as far as race teams and car builders where you could actually work, without a commute. When I was with Carrera I commuted 160 miles round trip from Lavonia to Chamblee, but not many folks are willing to do that, especially with gas about to start ramping back up again.
    Politically Incorrect.