Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default TDR closing shop

The Dillon's have ceased operations but Shane McDowell has purchased all the equipment and everything will continue to operate under the SMR banner in 2017.

Full story: http://www.onedirt.com/news/shane-mc...-launch-in-17/

Glad they will be able to continue to race together, Shane and Dale have built their racing operation into a lethal race team.

Good to hear...wonder why TDR close shop?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Good to hear...wonder why TDR close shop?
    Grandpa had to buy Ty a Cup ride for next year so they're putting all their focus on Napcar going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Grandpa had to buy Ty a Cup ride for next year so they're putting all their focus on Napcar going forward.
    Fukin funny and so true.

Glad Shane and Dale can continue on. They are a great combo.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

not surprised. and if I had childress money and grandkids, i'd do the same.

been a good operation for all parties.

expect the shane and dale to continue on as they did prior to hooking up with the Dillon kids.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I expect Dale to win more races now. They can concentrate on his racing full time now.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Hasn't been very impressive in trucks or xfinity but gets to jump to cup. Ryan Newman will be out of a ride before long.

I heard this after the dtwc. I know the hauler got sold to regional team near me. After it got sold, I knew it wouldn't be long before the news got out.

The Dillons are moving all the way to Winston Cup level? I thought the dirt on dirt story said they were racing some lower division. Monster Energy or something.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    The Dillons are moving all the way to Winston Cup level? I thought the dirt on dirt story said they were racing some lower division. Monster Energy or something.
    Monster Energy Is the New S for Cup Now....

I see. I haven't followed Nascar since the mid-90s. Didn't realize the cup had a new name. Doesn't sound right to the ear.

Only reason I even knew who the Dillons are is because of their grandfather.

didn't newman & smoke get into something this year on Cup??

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    didn't newman & smoke get into something this year on Cup??
    They crashed each other out of a race....Then played dirty mouth to each other and then Kissed and made up the next week ...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I see. I haven't followed Nascar since the mid-90s. Didn't realize the cup had a new name. Doesn't sound right to the ear.

Only reason I even knew who the Dillons are is because of their grandfather.
    We All just found out last week that it was them for the New S....Sprints gone and they will not use the word cup in the new name....

They are keeping all of the partners/sponsors that they got through TDR so they will be fine

Fellas, there is no justice in life and surely not racing. Where I come from you don't deserve anything, you get what you earn. That isn't the case for the Dillon brothers. These kids woke up with a silver spoon in their mouth and it's all because of a man named Dale Earnhardt. He paved the way for those little brats to run midpack. They aren't the only ones, racing is 90% a rich kid sport. That is why I pull for drivers who had to work and drive their as$es to get a seat. Richards had the opportunity and man can he get the job done. Other than Petty most of your all time greats were kids with talent. Earnhardt, Johnson, Stewart, Harvick, Gordon, the Allisons, Yarbrough, Edwards. These guys had to work for what they got and they had the skills that pay the Bills. Seems like the silver spoon kids never make it. Look at Kyle Petty, Paul Menard, John Andretti, the Dillon bros and on and on. The Macdowell bros had to work for everything they have and I wish them the best. Both of those men are class acts and deserve to run up front. I know I used to give JD a hard way to go but after talking with him and finding out a little about his background where he had to work for everything and he earned every top notch ride he drove, I like the man. That's why racing is such a great sport. It gives the man who drives a street stock and works a 9-5 job hope to one day make dreams come true. Who are some major touring drivers that started at the bottom and made it? Just curious?

Come on man, that deal worked out great for a long time for the McDowells. That was a long run in this sport and it set them up moving forward very well. As long as Shane is around then Dale will be just fine.

Being from Dale's hometown, I'm curious to see how long he keeps it up before he hands the ride off to an up-and-comer and starts focusing all his time and effort on Boyd's...

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Fellas, there is no justice in life and surely not racing. Where I come from you don't deserve anything, you get what you earn. That isn't the case for the Dillon brothers. These kids woke up with a silver spoon in their mouth and it's all because of a man named Dale Earnhardt. He paved the way for those little brats to run midpack. They aren't the only ones, racing is 90% a rich kid sport. That is why I pull for drivers who had to work and drive their as$es to get a seat. Richards had the opportunity and man can he get the job done. Other than Petty most of your all time greats were kids with talent. Earnhardt, Johnson, Stewart, Harvick, Gordon, the Allisons, Yarbrough, Edwards. These guys had to work for what they got and they had the skills that pay the Bills. Seems like the silver spoon kids never make it. Look at Kyle Petty, Paul Menard, John Andretti, the Dillon bros and on and on. The Macdowell bros had to work for everything they have and I wish them the best. Both of those men are class acts and deserve to run up front. I know I used to give JD a hard way to go but after talking with him and finding out a little about his background where he had to work for everything and he earned every top notch ride he drove, I like the man. That's why racing is such a great sport. It gives the man who drives a street stock and works a 9-5 job hope to one day make dreams come true. Who are some major touring drivers that started at the bottom and made it? Just curious?
    It's not the kids fault. More power to them