Default Traction Control- Street Stock

Looking into traction control for a Street Stock. 3,000 lbs, Hoosier G60's, 355 with 500 2bbl. Looking at the Davis system at roughly $2,500. I know it will not take an average car and put them up front but I feel we are on top of our game and still need more, driver just needs a little assistance. I know its illegal and don't care. Is it worth it? And by worth it I mean will it make a difference?Any input is appreciated. Thanks

I wouldn't even consider traction control. I've had a few street cars that came from factory with it, hated it. Your driver doesn't need it, it's a lousy crutch. He just needs more seat time.

you don't have a driver ,you have a helmet toter

Thanks for the input guys, but I'm stuck with this helmet toter. Anybody have any positive results they are willing to share?

Have you tried legal stuff first, cam timing? carb adjustment? i'm guessing by needing TC he has throttle control issues... i would think theres ways too slow the HP's down on acceleration w/o needing TC...
    LEAF SPRING NATION!!

2 of the easiest things to do are Adjust,rebuild the throttle linkage for a longer stroke,Retard the timing.A vacuum secondary carb will tame the motor also.I've moved the cam around on the dyno and it only moved about 10 hp.

We have tried a few things with cams and trying to delay the torque to keep him from snapping tires free. At the end of the day it comes down to seat time but we run quite a few outlaw "run what you brung" shows so thought we may give this a shot. Would still appreciate anymore feedback out there and we will keep improving in the mean time.

You are not on top of your game. You are not winning. Work on the chassis or throw on a restrictor plate.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

355 with a 2bbl and your having traction issues. I would look for bent, non functioning parts, setup. some reason your car isn't transferring weight

I'm totally new to this sport but I do know that your drivers never gonna learn cheating. Might as well go buy some trophy's and use the rest of the $2500 for something more suited for them.

I agree with RCJ about changing the throttle linkage. Either lengthen the gas pedal linkage on the "pedal side" of the pivot and/or shorten above the pedal pivot where the throttle rod connects to the pedal linkage. This will allow more pedal movement without as much movement at the carb and make the pedal less sensitive to inconsistent pedal action by the driver.

Changing to a lower gear (e.g. from a 5.67 to a 5.83) should help with throttle sensitivity, too (I know some will say this is backwards, but this has been my experience).