Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So who challenges Clanton in WoO in 2017?

With Richards officially announcing he is following Lucas next year, who will step up and be Clanton's biggest threat for the WoO title? I've been thinking Overton will run regionally but with Josh leaving Overton would almost be a lock to finish top 3 in points. I think with the help & equipment he now has from Weaver he could beat Eckert and challenge Clanton.

I think Tmac would be smart to switch back to WoO now. I think he could be a bigger fish in a smaller pond but I'm not the one footing the bills.

Overton could win WoO for sure.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I doubt Overton run it.... weaver is about building the biz and selling cars... not running a national tour....

I'll say Brandon Sheppard will be tough

Sheppard..........

This would be a good place for 32 Bobby to land.....

this thread should have been titled "who challenges Sheppard for WoO crown in 2017"

Prediction: Sheppard will win a dozen or more WoO races in 2017, and wins the title in a close battle with Clanton & Moyer JR
    2018:

I think the 32 is happy where they at might be wrong though

Steve Francis comes back to life on the WoO tour

Sheppard has a better chance of winning the title than Clanton does. It be nice to see somebody like Overton but like it was said Weavers not going to run a tour schedule...maybe.
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 12-06-2016 at 04:41 PM.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Sheppard probably should be the favorite. As he is driving the car that has won a lot of these championships. Clanton is always up there on the podium on a constant basis and that is what it takes to win a championships. As far as that goes, Francis and Eckert could step up and get the stars aligned right or some racing luck and make the rest of the field look bad all year long. Every once in a while, you see that corner speed or drive off the corner that made them so great, just a few years ago. If they caught that and kept it all year, they could make it hard on the rest. New seasons are great. Every driver is undefeated so far.

B shep wins it by a bunch.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    B shep wins it by a bunch.......
    Unless Clinton finds some speed over the winter, you are probably right.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Hearing a very interesting name...

I look for BMJ to win a pile of races on tour next year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by mastersbilt_racer View Post
    unless clinton finds some speed over the winter, you are probably right.
    wht you putting sunoco is her pants suit lol

There are a dozen different guys that will be following the WoO Tour and it could be any of them. Ya'll act like there are only 2 or 3 guys running the Tour and are the only guys that can do it. It was only a few years ago that that old washed up Rick Eckert won the title. And if I remember right it was done on the last night of the season. It's a matter of making the most of the whole entire season that makes a Champion. Plenty of things can happen over the off season. 1 small change to a shock, a little different front end geometry, or even a weight ballast change and a driver that was off a little last year could be hard to catch during speedweeks and get a good start for the year. All those guys are good enough to win races and all of them have done it. So any of those guys could win the championship. Especially if they can string together some consistency like that washed up, no driving, overrated Rick Eckert was a few years ago. I'm saying good luck to ALL of them. I'm excited to see how it shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I look for BMJ to win a pile of races on tour next year.
    maybe wins 2 or 3 at most.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Hearing a very interesting name...
    Do tell.....😏

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    There are a dozen different guys that will be following the WoO Tour and it could be any of them. Ya'll act like there are only 2 or 3 guys running the Tour and are the only guys that can do it. It was only a few years ago that that old washed up Rick Eckert won the title. And if I remember right it was done on the last night of the season. It's a matter of making the most of the whole entire season that makes a Champion. Plenty of things can happen over the off season. 1 small change to a shock, a little different front end geometry, or even a weight ballast change and a driver that was off a little last year could be hard to catch during speedweeks and get a good start for the year. All those guys are good enough to win races and all of them have done it. So any of those guys could win the championship. Especially if they can string together some consistency like that washed up, no driving, overrated Rick Eckert was a few years ago. I'm saying good luck to ALL of them. I'm excited to see how it shakes out.
    Well said as always.....I just think there is too much firepower coming out of the big blue marble in 2017...with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

Like you, I can't wait for it to get started.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Things could change drastically after Speedweeks.You never know who may come out of Florida ahead of the pack.Clanton did it and won the title.Davenport last year and they weren't planning in running the Lucas tour.