Thread: Pri

Default Pri

I thought I had seen post on here previously about PRI trade show this weekend in Indy but can't seem to find it. I was wandering if anyone know if PRI charges to go and visit the booths? If so how much and can just the general public attend? Any info appreciated

Need to own or work at a "racing" related business and needed to be registered a while back I believe. It's free if you can acquire the credentials to go. Went last year it was pretty cool.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by luv racin View Post
    I thought I had seen post on here previously about PRI trade show this weekend in Indy but can't seem to find it. I was wandering if anyone know if PRI charges to go and visit the booths? If so how much and can just the general public attend? Any info appreciated

Not open to the general public. Muse be associated with a race team or Industry supplier: I.E.
    Race teams/ Drivers/ Crews
    Race Suppliers
    All Star Performance
    Sunoco Race Fuels
    VP Race Fuels
    Afco Shocks
    JRi Shocks
    Genesis Shocks
    Touring Series
    Tire Companies
    Hoosier
    American Racer
    Goodyear
    Firestone
    Continental
    Firehawk
    Michelin
    Chassis Manufactures
    brake manufactures
    and a whole lot more.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Once you feel out the paperwork it's easy, and they contact you the following years asking how many passes etc you need.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

Racetracks are also allowed.

The show would be really boring to most of the general public. It really is geared towards the industry. Plus, the drivers are there looking for stuff and making deals, and dodging fanboys looking for autographs would make that much harder.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 12-07-2016 at 07:53 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The show would be really boring to most of the general public. It really is geared towards the industry. Plus, the drivers are there looking for stuff and making deals, and dodging fanboys looking for autographs would make that much harder.
    " fanboys"........funny.

We should have a section on this forum for them.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    " fanboys"........funny.

We should have a section on this forum for them.
    I get being a fan. We all have our favorites. However, there are some people that take it way overboard. And we do have a section on this forum for em' it. It's this one, lol.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

OK thanks for the info. Answers my question lol

I've been twice, it's not really interesting at all on the fan side. You get to see a few cars and see some drivers. I was with a driver and it's a lot sponsorship stuff.
    One thing that will never forget was getting to have about an hour conversation with duayne hommel in the warrior booth.
    CJ's party was nice at his shop, not sure if he still has that or not. And always fun to hit the nightlife in Indy

We've gone to a few PRI shows over the years but won't be attending this year for a variety of reason's.

It is a pretty cool experience but as said earlier most of it wouldn't be of all that much interest to someone who is purely a spectator and race fan other than the recognizable faces on hand.

An entry pass isn't overly difficult to obtain. They have to limit access otherwise the main purpose of the show, which is primarily informational and networking, would be largely lost in the shuffle of the crowd who would be there to spectate rather than making preparations for the upcoming racing season.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I get being a fan. We all have our favorites. However, there are some people that take it way overboard. And we do have a section on this forum for em' it. It's this one, lol.
    Touché on this section loaded with fanboys.....lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????