Default Head and neck restraint?

What is the best head and neck restraint for a bigger guy with no neck?

When you find out let me know, going to PRI to talk to Simpson about the hybrid. Seems to have the least wrap around with the biggest neck allowed.

nexgen is my recommendation, never had anyone have a issue with them, Ive sold at least 100

Default Nexgen

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    nexgen is my recommendation, never had anyone have a issue with them, Ive sold at least 100
    Looked at there tech info there "max" size is the exact same width as my neck, not to keen on ordering something I may or may not be able to use, I've been down that road with Hans when I raced sprint cars, it didn't work and they basically told me good luck and it wasn't there concern. Even though that was about a decade ago.

Default Ah ha

So after meeting with the necksgen people at PRI yesterday and again today. I have ordered a Rev Lite 2. The addition of adjustable tethers and the least amount of "body interference " sold me on the idea Thans for the recommendation stock car

10/4 it for sure has the least amount of interference you wont even know its there if you just leave it on your helmet all the time.

I have a Necksgen REV that I absolutely cannot wear. I ran 3 laps with it, and my neck and back were hurting. It shoves my head forward where I have to look up and arches my back. It might help to lay my seat back, but I like sitting straight up. I will sell it for 450 if anyone needs one. It is a large and has a Feb 14 manufacture date. Call Lightning Chassis @ 606-878-7223 if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    I have a Necksgen REV that I absolutely cannot wear. I ran 3 laps with it, and my neck and back were hurting. It shoves my head forward where I have to look up and arches my back. It might help to lay my seat back, but I like sitting straight up. I will sell it for 450 if anyone needs one. It is a large and has a Feb 14 manufacture date. Call Lightning Chassis @ 606-878-7223 if interested.
    so what do you wear? nothing is my guess?

so what do you wear? nothing is my guess?
    Not wearing one. I would if I had one that would fit. Probably will try an adjustable Hans. Have a LaJoie seat, and a neck ring. Been racing for 38 years without one. Probably do need one, I don't know. I have seen more head and neck injuries in the last few years, than when we were not using all this safety equipment. Some say it is the speed of the cars. They are faster now, but mods aren't as fast now as late models were 10 yrs ago, and lates aren't as fast as winged sprints were 10 yrs ago. Makes you wonder. Food for thought.

I had a similar issue with a Necksgen REV. It put pressure on my shoulder blades and was very uncomfortable. I ran mine once and sold it.
    I recently purchased a Schroth SHR Flex unit. It is very comfortable and the front legs of it are flexible which makes it easy to put on and remove while inside the car.
    Brian Ruhlman
    Ruhlman Race Cars, LLC
    2132 Jefferson Road
    Clarklake, MI 49234
    517-529-4661
    www.brianruhlmanracing.com
    email: brianruhlmanracing@yahoo.com

Not wearing one. I would if I had one that would fit. Probably will try an adjustable Hans. Have a LaJoie seat, and a neck ring. Been racing for 38 years without one. Probably do need one, I don't know. I have seen more head and neck injuries in the last few years, than when we were not using all this safety equipment. Some say it is the speed of the cars. They are faster now, but mods aren't as fast now as late models were 10 yrs ago, and lates aren't as fast as winged sprints were 10 yrs ago. Makes you wonder. Food for thought.
    Blasphemy! Lol. But absolutely correct. HD is a good ole common sense racer. Builds a good car, and treats folks great. Keep on keeping on.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I am a big guy with a short neck. I have a hans. I have had the hybrid and had a really hard time getting out of the car with it on cause it would catch on everything! I had the first necksgen and the inside ridges were too tall and held the helmet up too much cause of my short neck. I ran nothing for a while then committed to running the hans i had bought and starting to really like it

I think I need to find a race shop that has several different models in stock and go and try them on with my helmet. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to travel to do that. I appreciate everyone's responses.

Thanks for the advice Brian. I got a Schroth SHR and it seems to be OK sitting in the car. Have to wait awhile to track test it.