Thread: WoO Schedule

Default WoO Schedule

The outlaws have released their preliminary 2017 schedule. A few things that jump out at me are the absence, at least at this point, of Delaware International, Potomac & Winchester to the schedule. It looks like Georgetown & Port Royal have been added for the Mid-Atlantic fans. There are a few TBA's. I hope a few more dates are added in my neck of the woods.

The addition of Terre Haute grabbed my attention.
    8/13/16

^ Mine as well. I was also surprised and glad to see Lakeside Speedway and Salina Highbanks. A couple fast tracks there.

The Bullring at Columbus is back!!! That will be a great start to a 3 race weekend. Coming to hammer hill the 2nd night will be a great show too. And even better, that race is 40 minutes from home.

Good to see Lakeside Speedway on there. I've heard Salina Highbanks is badass!!

The Salina Highbanks is definitely the show that jumped out to me along with Terre Haute.

Salina is a bad motor scooter especially when it it is hooked up. Went there for a MARS show in 2001,and it rained heavily the day of the show. They managed to get the show in,and man the cars in every class were flying. The track is black dirt,and VERY steeply banked all the way around. They watered the track from the outside,and the backstretch cone was on a rope lift so it wouldn't fall over due to the banking. The track is on a hill,and they had Kubota tractor pulling folks up the hill in a wagon. The neighbor of the track owned an electronics store back in Pryor,and he had some sort of dispute with the track. The grudge was not necessarily due to the noise if I remember right,but he had a large bank of speakers aimed at the track. He blasted crow calls at the track at full volume! Never heard or seen anything like that before or after.

The track has tended to be dry in the recent videos I've seen. Hopefully they don't get it TOO dry.
    Formerly 66#1

noticed Joliet has 2 dates so that's pretty exciting

See cherokee has a race to go along with it lucas date later in the year.

Wayne County and Atomic! Nice!

So the terre haute race is a co-summer Nationals show?

Wonder why Farmer City doesn't move their race to the 3rd weekend of April, instead of the beginning of the month. Seems to me the prospect of better weather would make that a simple fix. No WoO races between the 1st and the 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    So the terre haute race is a co-summer Nationals show?
    Correct. They attempted this for the Lincoln show last year but it got rained out.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Correct. They attempted this for the Lincoln show last year but it got rained out.
    Ok, someone fill me in on Pevely. I'm thinking about hitting that along with the action track next year for the double sanction

WOO Late Models and 410 sprints at Port Royal on Saturday Aug 19 a show you don't want to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Wonder why Farmer City doesn't move their race to the 3rd weekend of April, instead of the beginning of the month. Seems to me the prospect of better weather would make that a simple fix. No WoO races between the 1st and the 28th.
    That's not Farmer Cities race. WOO LMS rents the track for that race so it's their call.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Happy to see Oshkosh get a race and the fact they will remain open in '17. They did a great job the last 2 years with their LODLMS events. Luxemburg has big shoes to fill in May now that they secured the LODLMS event. Luxemburg can thank Bloomer for that one. That guided fishing trip/CBC race from July 5th a few years ago finally paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    Ok, someone fill me in on Pevely. I'm thinking about hitting that along with the action track next year for the double sanction
    Pevely is awesome. Some of the best local and regional LM racing takes place there. Produces great racing at the WoO Sprint show every year as well. Its high banked and fast, nice facilities to go along with it. I'd definitely recommend anyone who hasn't been make the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan21mid View Post
    Pevely is awesome. Some of the best local and regional LM racing takes place there. Produces great racing at the WoO Sprint show every year as well. Its high banked and fast, nice facilities to go along with it. I'd definitely recommend anyone who hasn't been make the trip.
    Thanks for the recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonks32x View Post
    Happy to see Oshkosh get a race and the fact they will remain open in '17. They did a great job the last 2 years with their LODLMS events. Luxemburg has big shoes to fill in May now that they secured the LODLMS event. Luxemburg can thank Bloomer for that one. That guided fishing trip/CBC race from July 5th a few years ago finally paid off.
    The past Oshkosh races and the 2017 Luxemburg Lucas races were promoted by Sixteens Race Promotions and Tony Izzo Jr

Senoia Raceway on June 3rd!!! Sweet!!!