Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tires , do I dare

Since there isn't anything on this forum I thought I'd bring up tires since everyone loves tires. Looks like Hoosier has a new tread design same compounds and different model #'s. I like the look of the tread design and am please with their direction. I'd like to see the door opened to two mfg.'s so for price competition through capitalism.

Ump? Imca? Usmts?

UMP. New tire rule for 2017.

He's talking about the new M30 and M60 for UMP.

I have not seen the 2017 rules. is there a tire change planned ?

different tread same tire different name also

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    different tread same tire different name also
    = Bbrrrrrrrttttttt!
    out where the wind ALWAYS blows!

talking out of your a$$ again you can get that fixed

found a link with the info. not sure why renaming the compound helped anyone.....https://racingnews.co/2016/12/08/new...ew-tire-model/ World Racing Group Announces New 2017 DIRTcar UMP Modified Tire Rules – New Tread Pattern, Compound Names, and Siping Rules The new 2017 DIRTcar UMP Modified Tire Rules offer a new M-30S and M-60 tire. These tires will become the only available tires for the DIRTcar UMP Modified division across the United States. The UMP Winternationals event will still use DIRTcar UMP tire rules from the 2016 season. CONCORD, N.C. – Dec. 7, 2016 – DIRTcar Racing, in conjunction with Hoosier Racing Tire, today announced that DIRTcar UMP Modified division drivers will have an improved tread pattern, renamed compounds, and less siping to do in the 2017 season. After three years of field testing, DIRTcar and Hoosier officials are pleased to release redesigned versions of the current A40S and H40 compounded tires. The new M-30S and M-60 tire will become the only available tires for the DIRTcar UMP Modified division beginning at or near March 1, 2017. New 2017 DIRTcar UMP Modified Tire Rules - New Tire Model M-60 and M30s The new tires will feature the same construction and compounds as the existing tires, but will utilize an updated Chain Link tread pattern and more logical compound names. No grooving will be allowed on any tire, and siping of the new tires will only be legal with the M-60 tire. “Throughout our testing, it has been everyone’s goal to provide our customers with fewer choices, less work, and a better overall product,” said Hoosier Racing Tire Product Manager Shanon Rush. “The new tread design, a more streamlined, logical naming system, and no siping of the softer tire should address many of the concerns the teams had voiced.” As an additional benefit, because the construction and compounds of the tires will not change, DIRTcar UMP can now allow all existing A-40S and H-40 tires to be run out throughout the entire 2017 campaign. Related: Continental Tire Now Owns Hoosier Racing Tire Corporation “Hoosier provided us with several options, but in the end, we definitely wanted tires best suited for all of our sanctioned tracks, and to protect all of our customers who have existing inventory,” explained DIRTcar UMP Series Director Sam Driggers. “We believe these changes accomplish those goals.” All 2017 DIRTcar UMP Winternationals events will be run under the existing A-40S and H-40 tire rules from 2016. The new M-30S and M-60 tires will be released at or near March 1, once all existing inventory is depleted. Samples of the New M-30S and M-60 tires will be on display at the Performance Racing Industry Trade Show on December 8-10 in both the DIRTcar UMP and Hoosier Racing Tire booths.

talking out of your a$$ again you can get that fixed
    Calverton posting ANYTHING about racing = Bbbrrrrttttttt!!

I've got a stack of A40's thanks to the last ump tire rule change getting out of racing due to the costly rule changes.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    I've got a stack of A40's thanks to the last ump tire rule change getting out of racing due to the costly rule changes.
    On thr LM side, we always run used tires. Have a semi trailer full with grooves and sipes. About to be unusable as well.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

And on the Super Stock side in our area of NorCal the tracks are all on 8" Dirt Bozz @ $160 or so, same price as a D55 LM tire. Further north and south it's the G60 IMCA tire at about $55 a pop less. Kills it for any travelers like us that can't justify another pile of tires you can only run a couple of times a season but the few open shows that allow either get good car counts and both tires are competitive with each other. Stupid.

change the tread pattern and resell and laugh all the way to the bank

Says the tire expert not

Says the tire expert not
    says the article from UMP that there will be no compound change only a tread change and the tire becomes mandatory next season.

BTW Lite Inn how many tires are you paying for ? The answer is ZERO because you do not race, so go back to the stands or post on here about the quality of hot dogs or sodas from the stands thats something you are an expert on.

Yeah no compound change and you can run your old tires until they are gone with the buyout you think things were going to stay the same

Hey rustymod how many races have you attended in the last 10 year I know zero nadda none zilch

Hey rustymod how many races have you attended in the last 10 year I know zero nadda none zilch
    = BBrrrrrrrtttttttttt!!

Calverton, you're a non-racing, illiterate turd. No one on this board cares what you have to say, nor do they care for your opinion on anything race related. Everytime you open your mouth, you prove just what an idiot you truly are. Why don't you stick to chasing your buddy around the rest area?