Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

you really need to get that fixed

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    that is total bs depends on the track
    no you need to get off this board you clueless old troll. UMP is losing more bmod tracks due to there constant pushing of the crate. Since you do not own a car and do not race you do not know any of this. You drag your @ss to a couple of tracks around STL and suddenly you are an expert on all tracks that are UMP somehow. Wake up ! there is a really good reason that you were kicked of STL Racing and this board many times Dirthound and will be kicked off again. You SHOULD ask yourself...Are you being kicked of these boards because you have a well informed opinion ??? The answer is NO. You have been kicked off numerous times because no one wants to hear your uninformed BS. On top of that you suck up to UMP every chance you get when its well none that we could hire two winos in the alley behind Busch Stadium and they could do a better job than the current people running UMP, but somehow you Lite Inn Fred find a way to suggest that UMP is doing a good job when the vast majority of racers have figured out that Sam and UMP could not organize a two car funeral.
    Worst yet Fred you call out people for results when you have none of your own. You dont own a car, you do not race, you do not crew on a car, you do not race a car. you need to stick to the general opinion section where you can discuss non racing subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    The thing is his motors were winning against the crates. His motor won the super nationals. I seen more open motors winning this year then the past couple of years. Now IMCA brought the spoiler back in for the crates and now they feel like they're behind again. It's too early to tell. I don't know why they did it but it's whatever.
    How is it to early to tell. The spoiler was on a crate just one season ago and they dominated. The crate still won every big special event this year with no spoiler.

IMCA is about their pocket, not equality.

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    no you need to get off this board you clueless old troll. UMP is losing more bmod tracks due to there constant pushing of the crate. Since you do not own a car and do not race you do not know any of this. You drag your @ss to a couple of tracks around STL and suddenly you are an expert on all tracks that are UMP somehow. Wake up ! there is a really good reason that you were kicked of STL Racing and this board many times Dirthound and will be kicked off again. You SHOULD ask yourself...Are you being kicked of these boards because you have a well informed opinion ??? The answer is NO. You have been kicked off numerous times because no one wants to hear your uninformed BS. On top of that you suck up to UMP every chance you get when its well none that we could hire two winos in the alley behind Busch Stadium and they could do a better job than the current people running UMP, but somehow you Lite Inn Fred find a way to suggest that UMP is doing a good job when the vast majority of racers have figured out that Sam and UMP could not organize a two car funeral. Worst yet Fred you call out people for results when you have none of your own. You dont own a car, you do not race, you do not crew on a car, you do not race a car. you need to stick to the general opinion section where you can discuss non racing subjects.
    they are losing tracks because of suspension rules that teams don't like plus a crate won the national championship not saying I like it either may not own a car but good friend with drivers and teams that including the driver who won the real racer award from Ken Schrader last weekend

I have never noticed a hood off of a crate car in my area. Some of them cackle, and some of them sound like a pickup. The ones that cackle seem to be a lot faster. I wonder if GM sells cackling crates ? Maybe it is just the headers. LOL

and that would who's fault the track correct

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    I have never noticed a hood off of a crate car in my area. Some of them cackle, and some of them sound like a pickup. The ones that cackle seem to be a lot faster. I wonder if GM sells cackling crates ? Maybe it is just the headers. LOL
    They should probably be teching what's in the fuel instead of under the hood. Regardless, up here in Michigan everything gets teched in IMCA, often they like to throw in their own rules and tech even harder. I'm ok with it, since the alternative of no tech (UMP) is much worse ($$$).

Calverton it is actually a combination of the track and UMP's fault. A track signs on as a partner with UMP as the sanctioning body. It is the responsibility of UMP and the track to enforce the rules that was written by the sanctioning body. However, most tracks and UMP fall short of rule enforcement. Checking for sealed bolts is not much teching. I would be happy to build you Calverton a sealed gm 602 that is in no way legal by UMP standards but would not be teched so you can take your modified to the winners circle.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    How is it to early to tell. The spoiler was on a crate just one season ago and they dominated. The crate still won every big special event this year with no spoiler.

IMCA is about their pocket, not equality.
    I bet it will be closer than it was a few years ago when the spoiler first came in.

The crates won a lot but not every big one. Thorton won at super nats with an open. Kay won with an open at Knoxville. Those are just the ones I know.

For the record, I don't agree with the spoiler being back. The crates don't need them and we all know it's lining the pockets of IMCA. That's old news.

Mullins got what they wanted though, everyone talking about them right before PRI.

they are losing tracks because of suspension rules that teams don't like plus a crate won the national championship not saying I like it either may not own a car but good friend with drivers and teams that including the driver who won the real racer award from Ken Schrader last weekend
    so you have good friends that race super. Bottom line UMP is losing Bmod tracks due to engine rules. Teams with open engines that do not want to buy crates and do not want to add extra 100 lbs to run against crate are leaving UMP tracks or demanding that the promoter leave UMP for bmods.

Crates are not being teched and they need to be. I am glad to see Mullins post as this will open the door to reality, there is some cheating going on with crates and the sanctions are looking the other way since they are getting paid for each crate.
    Last edited by rustymod; 12-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    I bet it will be closer than it was a few years ago when the spoiler first came in.

The crates won a lot but not every big one. Thorton won at super nats with an open. Kay won with an open at Knoxville. Those are just the ones I know.

For the record, I don't agree with the spoiler being back. The crates don't need them and we all know it's lining the pockets of IMCA. That's old news.
    Opens won those two races this year, when the crate had no spoiler.....

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    so you have good friends that race super. Bottom line UMP is losing Bmod tracks due to engine rules. Teams with open engines that do not want to buy crates and do not want to add extra 100 lbs to run against crate are leaving UMP tracks or demanding that the promoter leave UMP for bmods.Crates are not being teched and they need to be. I am glad to see Mullins post as this will open the door to reality, there is some cheating going on with crates and the sanctions are looking the other way since they are getting paid for each crate.
    b mod are nothing but a crashfest anyway who needs them

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Opens won those two races this year, when the crate had no spoiler.....
    Idk. I still think it's going to be close. Not like it was a few years ago.

that is total bull crap they are teching at least the tracks I attend
    really what are they teching and how far are they going. are they tearing a motor down to see what's in it?

Really need a big motor some tracks lmao a couple b mods made the main at the dome which is the size ofmacon and bellevegas and you don't have to tear the motor down a p and g test and various other test can be performed

b mod are nothing but a crashfest anyway who needs them
    =Bbbbrrrrrtttttt!
    out where the wind ALWAYS blows!

Really need a big motor some tracks lmao a couple b mods made the main at the dome which is the size ofmacon and bellevegas and you don't have to tear the motor down a p and g test and various other test can be performed
    =Bbbbrrrrrtttttt!
    out where the wind ALWAYS blows!

don't believe me prove me wrong

Our I Mod class at Kankakee Il. and Shadyhill In. allowed the crate motor this past season and there were two guys running them and they RAN away with EVERY feature. I had a 355ci motor with every opion part allowed and we ran 4th both nights we ran. It took all the fun outta it and we decided to stay home. The crate deal was/had the potential to be a very affordable class but like every other class in racing racers are there own enemy.