Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 1bbmft View Post
    Our I Mod class at Kankakee Il. and Shadyhill In. allowed the crate motor this past season and there were two guys running them and they RAN away with EVERY feature. I had a 355ci motor with every opion part allowed and we ran 4th both nights we ran. It took all the fun outta it and we decided to stay home. The crate deal was/had the potential to be a very affordable class but like every other class in racing racers are there own enemy.

Yes Tom and the lack of real teching and the racers themselves. Always crying about cost but, are the first to cheat and run up the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    b mod are nothing but a crashfest anyway who needs them
    really where do run a bmod at ? you talk about whats needed for tech for crates but have you ever seen UMP or any UMP track tech a crate engine ever ? I can tell you it never happens.

good friend with drivers and teams that including the driver who won the real racer award from Ken Schrader last weekend
    Asked Mike about you this weekend and all he could do was laugh a shake his head...LOL

really now I known mike a lil longer than you have , known Mike since around 1978 maybe earlier

really now I known mike a lil longer than you have , known Mike since around 1978 maybe earlier
    Excellent so since Mike has known you for so long than clearly he would we an excellent reference for the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to racign and you dont participate other than attending races and typing on 4m and getting banned on 4m and STL raicng regularly because everyone is tired of your BS

= Bbbrrrttttt!!
    out where the wind ALWAYS blows!

Two part question..what exactly is done to the crate to cheat it up? And how easy is it to tell its been cheated are any getting teched and they are missing the signs or is UMP just not checking them at all?

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    really where do run a bmod at ? you talk about whats needed for tech for crates but have you ever seen UMP or any UMP track tech a crate engine ever ? I can tell you it never happens.
    tech wise most certainly every big show locally and every sat. night was it fair of who they teched everyweek he11 no but they did tech

One of our region's IMCA licensed rebuilders currently has a rebuilt 604 for sale. On alcohol it dynoed 492 HP, 489 torque. Pretty much says it all to the guy who buys a new stock one from GM. The winning 602s are just as bad in the Sport or B Mods.

That is a crock how can he be a licensed rebuilder getting those numbers what is the point of having a crate if its dynoed way above the the none rebuild ones are

Quote Originally Posted by Illtsate32 View Post
    Two part question..what exactly is done to the crate to cheat it up? And how easy is it to tell its been cheated are any getting teched and they are missing the signs or is UMP just not checking them at all?
    you said it. UMP is not doing anything to tech crates, pretty much they will verify its a crate at best in bmods and then let you go. most times there is zero engine tech for crates.

What are they doing to crates...well as Mullins says the sky is the limit, cam changes, increased stroke too.

That is a crock how can he be a licensed rebuilder getting those numbers what is the point of having a crate if its dynoed way above the the none rebuild ones are
    wait a minute Lite Inn you said that UMP is teching crates so why are they not checking this ????? Why havent they caught this ?

Mullins had it right crate seals are just a license to cheat.

rustymod, in fairness to calverton I think ( but am never quite sure with him) he was referring to the IMCA engine I mentioned. I'm west coast and no UMP out here. But tech is still a joke. The only way crates will ever be what they were intended is for everyone to buy their engine from a GM dealer at the track and install it there and return it at the end of the night....and we all know that ain't remotely likely.

Exactly plus some drivers have 10 15 20 years exp at any sanction I hope they can win often

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    rustymod, in fairness to calverton I think ( but am never quite sure with him) he was referring to the IMCA engine I mentioned. I'm west coast and no UMP out here. But tech is still a joke. The only way crates will ever be what they were intended is for everyone to buy their engine from a GM dealer at the track and install it there and return it at the end of the night....and we all know that ain't remotely likely.
    if IMCA is not checking very well and they tech more than UMP ever has or will then that spells is out and tells all that as long as you have the seals you can do a whole lot of work to the engine. I know I have heard of a crate that was turning 8k, they tried switching the MSD box and blaming the ignition and let racer continue to run. crates are getting away with whatever they want it seems. as long as it has seals apparently anything goes.

This coming from a guy that doesn't bother showing up at the track

= Bbbrrrtttttttt!
    out where the wind ALWAYS blows!

You just can't help yourself can you? You post something that's almost literate, then you follow with more of your BS. It's no wonder you've been banned more times than anyone else on this board. You can't fix what you have.
    drop it like iss hot.........gimme the 411, you know?

tech wise most certainly every big show locally and every sat. night was it fair of who they teched everyweek he11 no but they did tech
    Just because someone has the title of "official" or "inspector" and walks around a car doesn't mean they inspected it. You would know this if you actually did something other than cruise the concession stand. It's jokers like you that make it hard to have an intelligent conversation about the actual state of modified racing. I can tell you that this board was a much better place when you and your buddy were not allowed to post. Just my opinion as a car owner and driver. Don't bother asking for any details either. I'm following your lead on that one.

Good point blueracer11. Up here in Minnesota, IMCA does a pretty good job of inspecting the cars. They will check the seals on a crate motor, and I've even seen them pull the oil pan to check for illegal parts, etc. It's a very random thing, so it is possible you could run a cheated up crate and get by with it here and there, but it would eventually catch up with you. The difference is that the officials at our track have to go to school to learn the correct way to "tech" the cars. IMCA tracks agree to this as a condition of IMCA sanctioning. It does help but the truth of the matter is it varies from track to track depending on who's winning, and what the promoter wants you to look at.