Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Smart running Sycamore later in the schedule rather than right after 2 nights at Lasalle.

Daugherty moved to 18th

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Smart running Sycamore later in the schedule rather than right after 2 nights at Lasalle.

I thought they said June 19th.

29th. Night after WOO late models at Joliet

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Gotta' link to the interview?

Maybe Shirley was pissed because he wasn't quite fast enough to make the pass for the win. LOL! I would be pissed too.

Shirley will be driving a midget at Du Quoin next weekend on a 1/6 mile track. Shouldn't be a problem with the track or passing there. We'll see how he does. LOL!
    The track was a joke. When we arrived the entire frontstretch was destroyed because of a fair event they had. Why argue about an track that couldn't be raced on when that is not opinion, but fact? There wasn't one pass all evening long.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=5990

https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php?watch=5991

We've attended 7 events at THAT spanning the 2015 and 2016 seasons and don't remember one that could be accurately classified as a joke unless you want to include the support class at some of those events. Generally there are less than 10 mortifieds making up the support class and I have to admit there was very little passing.

THAT is too narrow? Hmmmm. The corners measure just about 90' wide and the straightaway's measure right at 70' wide. That makes Terre Haute wider than Fairbury by about 1 lane. I'm sure most of you wouldn't characterize FALS as being too narrow, now would you? LOL!!

We are happy to see the dirt late's back on a true 1/2 mile. And, if the 2017 Summernationals show at THAT is a stinker we'll be the first in line to say so.
    2015 race was terrible, for starters. Follow the leader, and about 18 cars to boot.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

We've attended 7 events at THAT spanning the 2015 and 2016 seasons and don't remember one that could be accurately classified as a joke unless you want to include the support class at some of those events. Generally there are less than 10 mortifieds making up the support class and I have to admit there was very little passing.

THAT is too narrow? Hmmmm. The corners measure just about 90' wide and the straightaway's measure right at 70' wide. That makes Terre Haute wider than Fairbury by about 1 lane. I'm sure most of you wouldn't characterize FALS as being too narrow, now would you? LOL!!

We are happy to see the dirt late's back on a true 1/2 mile. And, if the 2017 Summernationals show at THAT is a stinker we'll be the first in line to say so.
    Track narrows up because it's too fast. It could be 100 feet wide down into the infield and they wouldn't use it. I like a half mile track as much as the next
    guy, but only those with sweeping corners that provide at least 2 grooves. Terra Haute is a catfish track.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Any idea when this new track in Lebanon is looking to be built? Any other info on it???

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Any idea when this new track in Lebanon is looking to be built? Any other info on it???
    Michael Daugherty (A.K.A. Daugherty Speedway) wants to have the new track built by supposedly early to mid 2018.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

cirf that is 2 narrow for a 1/2 mile look at Knoxville Florence Eldora most late model and mod guys don't want to run the half during summer nats to hard on equipment
    Last edited by calverton; 12-11-2016 at 07:54 PM.

That would be awesome if we had a new track in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Track narrows up because it's too fast. It could be 100 feet wide down into the infield and they wouldn't use it. I like a half mile track as much as the next
    guy, but only those with sweeping corners that provide at least 2 grooves. Terra Haute is a catfish track.
    They sure weren't catfishin this night.

https://www.dirtondirt.com/video.php...&year=2012#vid
    8/13/16

Default thats probably a strong no

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    maybe Joliet will be announced as TBA right after Lasalle

it is weird to see K3 the 1st race now
    From Tony's facebook the race is still his to host, and he had a failed dealing with Joliet in the past.

Tony is doing the Sycamore date

The only explanation is that the late models just aren't able to race and put on a decent show on a true half mile. Just the way it is, I reckon.

I know this much, I won't miss a Silver Crown or wingless 410 sprint car race at THAT.

Here's a taste the 2016 Hulman Classic. See any one lane racing here? LOL! I think not.

2015 race was terrible, for starters. Follow the leader, and about 18 cars to boot.
    There were 33 sprint cars on hand for the 2106 Indiana Sprint Week. I was there and the ISW race was a very good one. No follow the leader. The USAC boys aren't afraid of the Action Track.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    The track was a joke. When we arrived the entire frontstretch was destroyed because of a fair event they had. Why argue about an track that couldn't be raced on when that is not opinion, but fact? There wasn't one pass all evening long.
    Fact my ass. I'll argue all day long about whether THAT can be raced on, and it ain't opinion. Maybe the late models are a joke at TH. Why? Have no idea, but one thing is for sure the 410 wingless sprinters sure as hell aren't a joke! They are as good as it gets LOL!

There were 33 sprint cars on hand for the 2106 Indiana Sprint Week. I was there and the ISW race was a very good one. No follow the leader. The USAC boys aren't afraid of the Action Track.

Fact my ass. I'll argue all day long about whether THAT can be raced on, and it ain't opinion. Maybe the late models are a joke at TH. Why? Have no idea, but one thing is for sure the 410 wingless sprinters sure as hell aren't a joke! They are as good as it gets LOL!

I don't give a rat's ass if lawn tractors run 5 wide there! I only follow supers, and supers suck there so there's no sense in scheduling them. This is a LM forum, not a sprint forum. I never said sprints we or weren't good there. The fact is supers are a waste of time there.

Don't mind chuckie he'[s an open wheel guy he just shows up on certain forums because the sprint forums on 42.met are asleep

That = more water earl geesh

Terre Haute gets me to Pevely, I'm still going lol