Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Sounds like UMP is punishing Fayette County Speedway for looking into a Lucas date per Fayette's Facebook page. Pathetic.https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=327350394442
    That's a shame but after the way that show was ran two years ago I was never going back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    I'm going to terre haute for sure and may just head on to I 55. Worth it?
    Terre Haute is not worth it, IMO. Way too big, too narrow, too little passing, and basically a waste of 30 bucks. If you want your money's worth, go to Haubstadt instead. If you want fair food and terrible racing, go to Terre Haute. It's the last place that should ever be called the Action Track. Maybe sprints are good there but Lates are not.
    Last edited by t3r3e3; 12-08-2016 at 09:53 PM.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by t3r3e3 View Post
    Terre Haute is not worth it, IMO. Way too big, too narrow, too little passing, and basically a waste of 30 bucks. If you want your money's worth, go to Haubstadt instead. If you want fair food and terrible racing, go to Terre Haute. It's the last place that should ever be called the Action Track. Maybe sprints are good there but Lates are not.
    Agreed! It's a terrible track and a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by klemmabyna View Post
    Dear Mr. Izzo,

Please return to Wilmot on Sunday night, June 18th. This preliminary schedule would allow me to gain my wife and daughter's approval for a 3 day LaSalle/Wilmot racing weekend as a Father's Day present.

I have seen and appreciated your efforts at both venues in the past. I promise if you are able to put together such a weekend, I will be in attendance at all three shows.

Sincerely,
    A displaced Dirt Late model fan from SW Iowa, now residing in SE Wi.

Tracy Williamson
    (ex-prescott,ia)
    Delavan, WI

PS: Might you ever resurrect the Freeport or Pecatonica venues?

I know. just a fantasy on my part.
    Freeport is long gone unfortunately

maybe Joliet will be announced as TBA right after Lasalle

it is weird to see K3 the 1st race now

You're loss. Last Hell Tour race i saw there was a good one. 2012 and the Real Deal took home the $$$.
    8/13/16

awesome to see some more tracks in Michigan step up to hosting, makes that drive up north worth it for the drivers before the Oakshade finale, cant wait 5 nights of hell tour racing all within about 2 hours of me
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Lol, I've been to terre haute before. More or less going for old times sake and it's a good time of the year for us to be gone. Plus gives me an excuse to head on to I 55 to check off a track I've never been to. Try to do that at least once a year. Haubstaut has been on my list for a long time though, have to get there.

Expect news later today on the TBA date......personally, I'm wanting Brownstown plugged into that date but not gonna hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    maybe Joliet will be announced as TBA right after Lasalle

it is weird to see K3 the 1st race now
    Izzo said he won't go to Joliet after they screwed him in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    Agreed! It's a terrible track and a waste of time.
    Too big? Too narrow? A waste of $30? Terrible racing? Waste of time? Hmmmm.

Not sure where the hell you guys were at but it obviously wasn't the THAT. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Too big? Too narrow? A waste of $30? Terrible racing? Waste of time? Hmmmm.

Not sure where the hell you guys were at but it obviously wasn't the THAT. LOL!!
    The last Summernats show they had was a joke. No passing at all. If Sarge couldn't make the track raceable nobody can.

The last Summernats show they had was a joke. No passing at all. If Sarge couldn't make the track raceable nobody can.
    We've attended 7 events at THAT spanning the 2015 and 2016 seasons and don't remember one that could be accurately classified as a joke unless you want to include the support class at some of those events. Generally there are less than 10 mortifieds making up the support class and I have to admit there was very little passing.

THAT is too narrow? Hmmmm. The corners measure just about 90' wide and the straightaway's measure right at 70' wide. That makes Terre Haute wider than Fairbury by about 1 lane. I'm sure most of you wouldn't characterize FALS as being too narrow, now would you? LOL!!

We are happy to see the dirt late's back on a true 1/2 mile. And, if the 2017 Summernationals show at THAT is a stinker we'll be the first in line to say so.

Wonder what the TBA date will be. Heard Sycamore and Angell Park are out...

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Wonder what the TBA date will be. Heard Sycamore and Angell Park are out...
    Has Sycamore ever hosted a Hell Tour event?

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    We've attended 7 events at THAT spanning the 2015 and 2016 seasons and don't remember one that could be accurately classified as a joke unless you want to include the support class at some of those events. Generally there are less than 10 mortifieds making up the support class and I have to admit there was very little passing.

THAT is too narrow? Hmmmm. The corners measure just about 90' wide and the straightaway's measure right at 70' wide. That makes Terre Haute wider than Fairbury by about 1 lane. I'm sure most of you wouldn't characterize FALS as being too narrow, now would you? LOL!!

We are happy to see the dirt late's back on a true 1/2 mile. And, if the 2017 Summernationals show at THAT is a stinker we'll be the first in line to say so.
    In 2014 Shirley finished 2nd and in his post-race interview stated that the track was a joke and he had no idea why they were even there. If the racers said they couldn't pass, then obviously they couldn't pass. The only thing good there is the fair food.

In 2014 Shirley finished 2nd and in his post-race interview stated that the track was a joke and he had no idea why they were even there. If the racers said they couldn't pass, then obviously they couldn't pass. The only thing good there is the fair food.
    Gotta' link to the interview?

Maybe Shirley was pissed because he wasn't quite fast enough to make the pass for the win. LOL! I would be pissed too.

Shirley will be driving a midget at Du Quoin next weekend on a 1/6 mile track. Shouldn't be a problem with the track or passing there. We'll see how he does. LOL!

Sycamore June 29th apparently some date swapping with Daugherty?
    Last edited by ptown; 12-09-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Here's some more news on Daugherty. Owner Michael Daugherty is trying to acquire 50 acres of land near Lebanon, Indiana to build a new 5/16's mile dirt track. He's been working to get the land for about a month or so now.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    ptown, if Sycamore is Thursday the 29th of June when is the Daugherty date?