Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gateway Format

Default Gateway Format

Reading from their website I see lates are only running heats on Friday. Anyone know how Saturdays races are to be lined up? Also top 6 finishers from Friday are locked into big race on Saturday and will have to draw for starting spot... does this mean 1-6 or throughout field? How many consi races are they having Saturday? How many cars start A main and how many laps? Any one have more specific info than what is on their site?

Absolutely nothing mentioned ab heats on their Saturday run down.Hot laps, consi races, feature.

Similarity like no mod heats on Friday or saturday

OK, the way I read the format(schedule of events): After qualifying 2 rounds on Thursday, they will run 2 non qualifiers for the Mods and 1 for the LM's. This will narrow the fields down to 100 cars in both divisions. Then they will do the non qualifiers. Cars 101 thru 120 in one N/Q, cars 121 thru 140 in the 2nd N/Q for the Mods. For the LM's there is only one N/Q, cars 101 thru 120.

Mod heats on Thursday and LM heats on Friday.

Consi's for both on Friday will set the feature line-ups for Friday features. Top 6 will redraw for Top 6 spots in Saturday's features.

There will be no heats for Saturday's features. A series of qualifying races (consi's) fill out the rest of the fields, who will fall in based on finishing position, behind the locked in Top 6.
    (Much like the format of the Southern Allstars Series)

Hope that helps.

Maybe Flagone can elaborate.
    Last edited by Senroc-Systems; 12-10-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calverton View Post
    Hey you f#$%&@g moron......where do you think that info came from? Both WWMFand myself read that page!

Read his posts, then read my response. Then answer his questions in further detail, if you have anything pertinent to add.

Wow......you are literally too stupid to insult!

I'm just wondering on Saturday how many laps for both classes and how many cars in each class
    I am what I am

Why are they not running sprints and midgets on the weekend after the LM and mod show? And get two shows out of the temp track ?
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

Weekend after is Christmas.

I bet it will get rough for the top 6 spots Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Hey you f#$%&@g moron......where do you think that info came from? Both WWMFand myself read that page! Read his posts, then read my response. Then answer his questions in further detail, if you have anything pertinent to add. Wow......you are literally too stupid to insult!
    no I SEND OUT THE FACTS NO FABRICATION

It will shock me if they get much more than a 100 lates to begin with, they will exceed that number with the mods easy I think. What that number will be....I don't know. I don't see anyone than 130 mods being there.

Party pooper I don 't care what the numbers are I just want see some racing again indoor or not . It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I bet it will get rough for the top 6 spots Friday
    Elbows up racing all weekend long if you been to Macon or bellevegas you would know

I think they will probably be the full 150 latemodels. But the Mod count probably not what could be there due to the fact not being allowed to use alcohol. I know a lot that backed out for that reason. I also know quite a few latemodels that didn't buy entry but now looking to enter.

125 per class would be fine for me , some that never ran a 1/5 mile might get a wake up call for their senses

Still trying to see a day by day breakdown of how the program will be run. Number of heats, number of cars in heats, number of laps in heats, number of cars that transfer from heats, etc etc etc

All I could find is for the features 22 cars in each class Late models 40 laps modifieds 30 laps
    I am what I am

Number of heats is obviously based on car counts but 8 heats are planned for late models. Its alphabet soup each day and there is a 20 car feature on Friday that pays $5000 to win. All Saturday lineups are set by Friday finishes - feature - heats - b, c & d mains.