Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Devin Moran to rocket and WoO

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Devin Moran to chase Craftsman World of Outlaw Late Model Series ROTY and title with Tye Twarog (December 7, 2016) Dresden, OH – Team DMR is proud to announce Devin Moran has been hired to be the new driver of the Tye Twarog Racing Dirt Late Model and will be chasing Rookie of the Year honors on the Craftsman World of Outlaws Dirt Late Model Series in 2017. The team will utilize two brand new Rocket XR1 Chassis supplied by Mr. Twarog during the campaign. “I am really looking forward to working with Devin and Team DMR” said Twarog, “I feel he is one of the up and coming stars in the sport and proved he deserved this opportunity.” Team DMR will stay intact with Donnie Moran and Wylie Moran serving as Crew Chiefs on the World of Outlaws Tour along with crew member Tristin Moran as his schedule will permit. The team will also remain in Dresden, Ohio at the DMR Race Shop. “First of all I would like to thank Mr. Twarog for this opportunity” said Devin Moran shortly after the deal became public, “He came to us a few weeks ago and asked us if we would be interested in teaming up and hitting the road with the WoO which is the opportunity of a lifetime to race each week with the best in the country.” The team will start the 2017 campaign in Georgia at Screven Motor Speedway, “We will have a little bit of a learning curve once again” said Crew Chief Wylie Moran, “Last year we were able to get the cars (BWRC) running up front after a lot of trial and error, but with a product like Rocket and Mark (Richards) and Steve (Baker) to lean on for advice could give us just the right combination we have been looking for.” The team’s full sponsorship package will not be announced until after PRI, but it has been confirmed Tommy Pope Construction, the major sponsors from 2016, is staying on board into 2017. Stay Tuned to devinmoranracing.com for more details as they are released with just a little over two months until the first race of the 2017 Season!
    "Running the bottom is like having a job!" ~ Jack Hewitt

Outstanding news....sounds like a golden opportunity for the whole Moran family.

real good for the Moran's - hopefully it works out for Casebolt too

Sounds like a win/win for both.

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    Sounds like a win/win for both.
    Yep. Casebolt wanted to go regional racing, and he's doing that. Moran wanted to go national touring, and he's doing that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Awesome opportunity for a very talented, very humble young man. Show em what ya got D.M.!!!!
    T3G Never Forget, Hardly Remember

I'd say hands down ROTY

Congrats to Devin on securing a national ride, best of luck to a hard working talented young man.
    Politically Incorrect.

IMO this is one the best hires that a car owner could get, the Morans are great people, Devin is easy on Equipment and you have Donnie Moran in your corner. I Hope Mr. Twarog and Morans have a great year in 2017.

Who will be suppyling the power plants? I know that's been the only obstacle for Moran the past couple years.

Based on common logistics, I'd say Malcuit.

Congrats to Devin... thats a good combo
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Does Tye have a hauler? Moran's was looking pretty rough the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Does Tye have a hauler? Moran's was looking pretty rough the last few years.
    Morans sold the trailer part and the toter is for sale. I think Casebolt used his own, but not totally sure

Quote Originally Posted by Senroc-Systems View Post
    Based on common logistics, I'd say Malcuit.
    The Twarog team ran Cornett last year, that would be my guess. I know Donnie ran Malcuit for years, and they build a solid piece.

Great news! I hope Devin kicks ass this year!!

Zyoung, yes they do. Cornett is a great choice as well. After I posted that yesterday, I was doing a little research and came across a picture of Mark Saul cleaning a valve cover off of Casebolt's car, with the Malcuit logo on it. Just trying to put 2 and 2 together.

It is nice to see a thread where everyone agrees on a fine young driver.

This good pick up for Devin also for WoO.

I thought he may end up in a pierce car.