Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden to WOO ,

maybe this is the year Madden steps out and tries it... He'd be a threat to contend but I wouldn't say he'd win it

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I said a taste. Geez. There is ABSOLUTELY some comparison. Missing weekends with family. Passing tracks close to you having shows so you can go to the tour events. 3 day weekends with minimal prep and maintenance time. Sleepy driving. Windshield time. Blowing and breaking engines and parts on the road. So, yes, there is some comparison.
    Kelly, we really appreciate your posts always useful and very insightful. I know its a smaller scale but he has always ran the Southern Nats and is a 5 time champion. It is 10 races in 13 days. Im by no means saying that would make him the favorite to win the WoO just a contender as he is very good at points racing. Selfishly I wouldnt get to see him him run near as much as usual but I would also like to see him do it. Hell it would probally get me to maybe some new tracks to watch him run some WoO races.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seifertfan2 View Post
    Kelly, we really appreciate your posts always useful and very insightful. I know its a smaller scale but he has always ran the Southern Nats and is a 5 time champion. It is 10 races in 13 days. Im by no means saying that would make him the favorite to win the WoO just a contender as he is very good at points racing. Selfishly I wouldnt get to see him him run near as much as usual but I would also like to see him do it. Hell it would probally get me to maybe some new tracks to watch him run some WoO races.
    Y'all going to Screven and or Brunswick ?

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    I have had a while to digest your attack on me so I will try to choose my words carefully. Remember the wild west shootout last year? The race that Shane Clanton pulled the slide job on the leader of the race. My opinion was the slide job was executed perfectly and the guy had 2 options. He could settle for second, have his car in one piece and take home second place money or he could take Shane out and destroy both cars. He chose the second option and then bad mouthed Shane in the live interview after the race. I thought that was real lame and I posted a thread on this site. I said that if I was the owner of the car that this driver used to act like a child and destroy 2 expensive race machines, I would fire him on the spot.Now after your attack on me for a MISTAKE I made on a post on this web site I have only one thing to say to you. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year because I can not bad mouth anybody that is a fan of Shane Clanton.
    Yall gonna go make snow angels together..lmao...couldnt help it...lmao
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I have had a while to digest your attack on me so I will try to choose my words carefully. Remember the wild west shootout last year? The race that Shane Clanton pulled the slide job on the leader of the race. My opinion was the slide job was executed perfectly and the guy had 2 options. He could settle for second, have his car in one piece and take home second place money or he could take Shane out and destroy both cars. He chose the second option and then bad mouthed Shane in the live interview after the race. I thought that was real lame and I posted a thread on this site. I said that if I was the owner of the car that this driver used to act like a child and destroy 2 expensive race machines, I would fire him on the spot.

Now after your attack on me for a MISTAKE I made on a post on this web site I have only one thing to say to you. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year because I can not bad mouth anybody that is a fan of Shane Clanton.
    I apologize. You are right. I probably could have chosen my words a little better to make my point. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well.

An opinion based website. Most of the opinions in this thread were intelligent, even if they differed, but then the butthurt still crept in. I always love jog stepping in and saying your opinion doesn't matter, you're right, it doesn't, and neither does yours. We come here with our opinions knowing they aren't the gospel, well most of us know they aren't, some think they are the Pope.

I think Madden could finish top 3 in the WoO, but, the FACT is he has never finished a national tour that he started on. So if he finishes, then yeah, he could be top 3 for sure.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    An opinion based website. Most of the opinions in this thread were intelligent, even if they differed, but then the butthurt still crept in. I always love jog stepping in and saying your opinion doesn't matter, you're right, it doesn't, and neither does yours. We come here with our opinions knowing they aren't the gospel, well most of us know they aren't, some think they are the Pope.

I think Madden could finish top 3 in the WoO, but, the FACT is he has never finished a national tour that he started on. So if he finishes, then yeah, he could be top 3 for sure.
    If he runs the full tour I would pencil him in as the favorite, B. Shepp and Clanton would have a great chance to win it all too but Madden to me is in the next level. Would love to see him run the whole thing. Those three alone should be a decent draw for the WoO, that is a solid top 3 lineup.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

flagone, i appreciate you post as well, and i realized you were making a comparison based on the demands of being away from home and not the size or payout of a series , i think some times the contradictors should think things through before they post and this place would be a better place,

Quote Originally Posted by gorj View Post
    Y'all going to Screven and or Brunswick ?
    Hey Phil, as of right now the plan is to be at both places. How about you?
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seifertfan2 View Post
    Hey Phil, as of right now the plan is to be at both places. How about you?
    Planning to do the same

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    And yet again I am reminded why I should NEVER post on this board.
    Lol.......

If he does run the entire WoO schedule, there's no way in hell he should win a so called rookie title. That'd be the stupidest thing in the history of dirt racing.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    If he does run the entire WoO schedule, there's no way in hell he should win a so called rookie title. That'd be the stupidest thing in the history of dirt racing.
    Who said he was going to run for rookie title? Since he won a feature at the world finals this year, I do not think he is eligible to run for rookie crown..

He's never ran an entire WoO season full time, as long as he's approved for rookie status and runs the selective races for rookie points. I would say top 6 in points and wins Rookie Title .

Who said he was going to run for rookie title? Since he won a feature at the world finals this year, I do not think he is eligible to run for rookie crown..
    Buddy I don't know how it works. All I know is there's been rookie titles given to drivers in the past that ain't no rookie.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

He's never ran an entire WoO season full time, as long as he's approved for rookie status and runs the selective races for rookie points. I would say top 6 in points and wins Rookie Title .
    He's in DoD's top 5 drivers of the year. He ain't no rookie. If he can run for it, that's stupid.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

He started off running the WoO in 07, but dropped off after the Firecracker. I'm thinking that would probably disqualify him from winning RoY.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I've been told that Madden IS going to run woo in 17 for sure so I guess that settles it
    I am what I am

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    He started off running the WoO in 07, but dropped off after the Firecracker. I'm thinking that would probably disqualify him from winning RoY.
    Yeah I remember that, we'll see how WoO views it. IMO he is above rookie status.

Is on DOD he will run for WoO.

I'm sure just like in the past if he struggles & doesn't have a shot @ the title he will drop off