Default Rubber or solid transmission mount?

What are your thoughts? Metric chassis, solid mount motor, powerglide trans.

rubber if your going to run one... cant run solid motor and trans usually with much luck.

mid plate or mid mounts and let trans hang is easier yet and usually less failure.

I wouldn't run a trans mount with a glide, you will break the housing. I let mine float, I had 4 motor mounts. rubber if you must run one

Can you get a mid plate or mid mounts in when its stock location, stock firewall and stock exhaust?

yes if you run lt1 manifolds which most do

I am obviously too green... what do you guys mean by letting the trany "float". we run solid engine mounts left and right at the front cross member and a rubber trans mount on the factory trans crossmember. nova car 350/powerglide ???
    LEAF SPRING NATION!!

you would have to put the rear motor mounts on, build a mount off the frame. Then remove the trans mount. If you put the rear mounts on, you will need longer alignment dowel pins, and change the retaining ring location on your direct drive coupling so it doesn't pull out of trans pump. I had the rear mounts with headers

Just run solid motor mounts and a regular rubber or poly trans mount. Don't tighten the trans mount down to the cross member. Just let the tail sit on top of it. Double nut the mount stud where it comes through the cross member but leave some slack in it so that the trans is free to move around a little if it wants to.

After breaking three transmission bellhousings using rubber mounts, I went to this setup and never had a problem in 10 years of racing.

If you are just starting racing, this is simple, easy and effective.

Good responses!

I would like to add, if running a Glide, make (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sure your driveshaft is correct lentgh and balanced perfectly. I broke 2 cases with a bad driveshaft

I am switching to this PG set-up from a similar bert arrangement I have successfully ran for a few years. It has been working great. Chrome moly tube.