Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Billy Ogle Jr did a test with it for Dirt Late Model magazine a few years ago, here is the video that goes along with it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBKA3l_JzRU

Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    Barry Bonds was a great baseball player before steroids (oh wait he never used steroids lol).

Point is t/c is not going to make a poor combination good but will make a good combination better.

70-80 laps on hard dry slick track I don't know any driver who is looking for wheel spin at that time.

Trying to keep the car straight & on the gas.
    It has been tested by every popular magazine out there. Any driver who is good doesn't want it. It does not make you faster. It'll make you more consistent, hide your flaws. As stated by everyone, it doesn't let a good driver do what he needs to do with the car. I know what you're saying, but I know people who have tried it too. And they also didn't like it. Tire stuff is another animal, and what Lucas and Eldora are trying is a huge step forward.

Barry Bonds was someone who depended solely on his body for the job. Who needed to heal and recuperate faster to stay relevant. So he turned to the PED's. I don't think there is a good comparison between different athletes, you're using different things to stay on top.
    Last edited by chupp n bloomer fan; 12-15-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Zero wheelspin is never fastest on dirt.
    Especially when you're attempting to make a pass and might have to get the car to rotate thought the corner a little faster than normal.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Lightbulb To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    I thought traction control was illegal in most sanctioning bodies?

I just find it funny all these top guys are telling everyone they are cheating & it doesn't help.

If I'm out running you with t/c I wouldn't be telling you & I don't think Bloomer would be either. Jmo

I haven't seen him advertise any of the tire treatments he runs
    It is illegal pretty much across the board. They did a test with 3 drivers in a DLM magazine back when this was the hot issue with Dale McDowell and 2 other less known/experienced drivers. Dales times barely changed, but the two others did get better and the worst one was markedly more consistent. Believe whatever you like, its your money to waste if you want to, I believe in a free market. I shared my experience with it and it wasn't the end all be all it was touted to be. Bottom line, if the car isn't at its best, the TC won't get you there.
    Politically Incorrect.