Default WoO Lucas Schedule

Any opinions on why WoO or Lucas doesn't make a 2-3 track swing back through FL during the season other than speedweeks? Especially WoO with some of the open weekends they have.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Any opinions on why WoO or Lucas doesn't make a 2-3 track swing back through FL during the season other than speedweeks? Especially WoO with some of the open weekends they have.
    Are there a lot of open motor cars down there? It seems like when you look at results from FL during Speedweeks there are only a handful of FL cars in the mix. It is a shame, there are some great tracks in FL that get very little if any SLM racing all season.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Are there a lot of open motor cars down there? It seems like when you look at results from FL during Speedweeks there are only a handful of FL cars in the mix. It is a shame, there are some great tracks in FL that get very little if any SLM racing all season.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    There are not many super engines in the state. And it is OK, honestly.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

WoO used to end their season with the Gator 100 at Volusia. It would be nice to have a big end of year race in Florida to escape the cold.

Totally agree...........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Same thing with the WOO sprints. Once they leave in February they never get within a 6 hour drive of Pensacola for the rest of the year. I think West Memphis is the next closest on the schedule. Sucks.

$$$$ - costs the teams a lot of $$ and in all honesty, the crowds just aren't there to justify the purses for the promotors any other time of year IMO. February racing succeeds because of the snow-birds that live in FL Jan-March. they aren't going to be there the rest of the year.

My memory of the time I went to Volusia (8 years ago now), they were touting how large the crowd was for the WoO Sprints. It was less than what I see at a weekly show at home, but it was pretty much sold out since the place maybe held 2500. Our Top Row seats behind the grandstand were equivalent to the bottom row at Knoxville and maybe row 10 at Eldora with a fence so old you could breathe on it and knock it down between us and the cars.

Local cars there to boost car counts is also a factor I would think. Are there any available (in any of the divisions that run in February, seems like the entire car count is the travelers and locals from up north looking to get some laps before their competition back home does.

All valid points. In all fairness though if your weekly track is Knoxville, your opinion of a good crowd may be skewed lol