Default Southern All Star Rules

Why would their rules require a SPEC head engine to weigh 100# more than any other aluminum head(like an sb2.2 or say a 13* head?) Sounds like their rules writers know nothing about engines.

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    Why would their rules require a SPEC head engine to weigh 100# more than any other aluminum head(like an sb2.2 or say a 13* head?) Sounds like their rules writers know nothing about engines.
    Terry, they don't.

1. Open All Aluminum 2300 lbs 8" inch spoiler 8" inch sides
    2. SAS or SUPR SPEC 2300 lbs 8" inch spoiler 8" inch sides
    3. All steel 363 cubic inches or more 2300 8" inch spoiler 8" inch sides
    4. Aluminum head, steel block 2250 lbs 8" inch spoiler 8" inch sides
    5. GM CT525 2250 lbs 8 inch spoiler 8” sides
    6. All steel 362 cubic inches or less 2200 lbs 8" inch spoiler 8" inch sides
    7. NLMS (358 cu in) 2200 lbs 8 inch spoiler 8”sides
    8. GM 602 or 604 2200 lbs 12 inch spoiler 12”sides

The reason the spec wouldn't get the 50# compared to the steel block alum head option is if it's a all alum Supr type spec other wise you'd just claim it as a #4 steel block alum head for the 50# weight break.

I called them out about it on here when the first published the rules and they had it all messed up and revised them and this is the revised rules as far as I know.

I gotta assume you must have read the original rules or something to come up with what your thinking because IRRC that may have been how it was first written

If they have changed it to 50#,I assume yrou are right,then it is still screwed up.I heard it referred to as the Clanton rule,because he cried every time a SAS spec engine beat him.The all aluminum SUPR spec is irrevelant to the SAS spec rules.

Actually,Southern All Stars lumping the all aluminum SUPR spec in with the SAS spec is even more proof of their incompetence in writing engine rules.

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    If they have changed it to 50#,I assume yrou are right,then it is still screwed up.I heard it referred to as the Clanton rule,because he cried every time a SAS spec engine beat him.The all aluminum SUPR spec is irrevelant to the SAS spec rules.
    I thought it was the Madden rule. Lol
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Maybe it was.

Thumbs down Boo the SAS

Its funny, back when Bj Parker still owned SAS he encouraged the SPEC/SUPR engine as a way to grow the class and series. The rules then were 12" spoiler and a weight break, same for CT525. This cat that owns SAS now appears to want the SPECS/CT525's to leave or be rendered non-competitive. Its the same as making them illegal without being open about it. It's kind of a passive-aggressive way to show them the door. I stopped supporting SAS when they made the RJ rule, which rendered the CT525 ineffective a few years back. Screw SAS, there are plenty of series out there that want blue collar racers, let him go toe to toe with Lucas and WoO for cars.
    Bye Felicia.
    Politically Incorrect.

i never under stood this either, you can basically build an open steel block engine and get a weight break over a spec, i actually like this though.