Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by cjp0354 View Post
    Anybody know what time they let spectators into the dome yesterday???

Stop b!tching!! We're racing in December. Life is good!
    I saw 2 or 2:30, don't really remember which one...

Quote Originally Posted by Wells Racing Photos View Post
    I saw 2 or 2:30, don't really remember which one...
    Thanks Wells.

Not 2.5 hours from my home they don't. I went to the disaster in Indy and didn't think twice about buying tickets for St. Louis the day they went on sale. I'm not at work and I can see and smell a race car on the track. Life is good.
    I was at the Indy fiasco too, and it was a fairly significant monetary commitment to attend that deal. The sting of what it cost is still fresh enough to definitely make one think twice. Not because we can't afford it, but because we just don't want to be screwed again so soon. LOL!!

Ya' can't see or smell (maybe you can smell, LOL!!) a race car on the track when they shut down the action due to high CO levels. Waiting interminably for the air to clear is not most peoples idea of life being good but of course that's all in the eye of the beholder.

We'll be seeing and smelling race cars on a dirt track Saturday night without interruption due to high CO levels but it won't be at St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I was at the Indy fiasco too, and it was a fairly significant monetary commitment to attend that deal. The sting of what it cost is still fresh enough to definitely make one think twice. Not because we can't afford it, but because we just don't want to be screwed again so soon. LOL!!

Ya' can't see or smell (maybe you can smell, LOL!!) a race car on the track when they shut down the action due to high CO levels. Waiting interminably for the air to clear is not most peoples idea of life being good but of course that's all in the eye of the beholder.

We'll be seeing and smelling race cars on a dirt track Saturday night without interruption due to high CO levels but it won't be at St. Louis.
    I can't imagine there being delays at an open wheel event. It's not like you have to push start all of them or deal with a flip ever other race. Those things are death traps. That being said if this St Louis thing wasn't happening, I would be sitting right next to you. I just want to watch racing. And I hate the negativity of this sport.

Racing was over at 2:30

Heat 7 and 8 last night were side by side. They watered after heat 2.

I can't imagine there being delays at an open wheel event. It's not like you have to push start all of them or deal with a flip ever other race.
    I can. Delays happen all the time at open wheel events but that isn't what's being discussed here. We're talking delays from high CO levels due to inadequate ventilation. With that being said, if the track and sanction have their $hit together there is little to no delay from push starting so for the most part that's a moot point, anyway. But again, that's not what the discussion is about.
    Those things are death traps.
    Hmmmm. I seem to recall a fatality involving a dirt late model just about 3 months ago. They're all death traps when things go very wrong, wouldn't you say?
    That being said if this St Louis thing wasn't happening, I would be sitting right next to you. I just want to watch racing. And I hate the negativity of this sport.
    I hate the negativity, as well.

One of the numerous reasons the event at Indy was such a disaster is because there was no anticipation of the racing repeatedly being temporarily halted due to the Indy health dept. monitoring the CO levels and finding them to be higher than safe parameters.

However, with the memory of Indy, and the hole in my wallet, of the biggest debacle in dirt racing since they put dirt on Rockford Speedway fresh in our minds we'll opt for what very rarely is a bad show. If it's a bad show I'll be front and center to say so, with feeling!

Right sure you will midget brain

Quote Originally Posted by wiswildmanfan View Post
    heat 7 and 8 last night were side by side. They watered after heat 2.
    they should 've watered it and left it alone

There was a perverton sighting near the Dome last night. Someone got some video! Here it is!!

http://www.megalook.ru/callhim.php?namee=perverton

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I can. Delays happen all the time at open wheel events but that isn't what's being discussed here. We're talking delays from high CO levels due to inadequate ventilation. With that being said, if the track and sanction have their $hit together there is little to no delay from push starting so for the most part that's a moot point, anyway. But again, that's not what the discussion is about. Hmmmm. I seem to recall a fatality involving a dirt late model just about 3 months ago. They're all death traps when things go very wrong, wouldn't you say?
    I hate the negativity, as well.

One of the numerous reasons the event at Indy was such a disaster is because there was no anticipation of the racing repeatedly being temporarily halted due to the Indy health dept. monitoring the CO levels and finding them to be higher than safe parameters.

However, with the memory of Indy, and the hole in my wallet, of the biggest debacle in dirt racing since they put dirt on Rockford Speedway fresh in our minds we'll opt for what very rarely is a bad show. If it's a bad show I'll be front and center to say so, with feeling!
    You cant say that open wheeled cars are as safe as a late model. I would say on average 5 people die a year in those things. And very few die in late models. And the ones that don't die are left in a wheel chair. The things I am saying are true. Think of the stars alone that are dead or can't walk. Lefler, Shane hmeil(spelling), swindel, Clausen. That's just a few note able ones. That one year I think maybe 2013 like 6 or 7 people died in them.

Wow I just reread that and I sound like a uneducated child. Too lazy to correct. I think you'll get my point

How can u complain with comped tix?

You cant say that open wheeled cars are as safe as a late model. I would say on average 5 people die a year in those things. And very few die in late models. And the ones that don't die are left in a wheel chair. The things I am saying are true. Think of the stars alone that are dead or can't walk. Lefler, Shane hmeil(spelling), swindel, Clausen. That's just a few note able ones. That one year I think maybe 2013 like 6 or 7 people died in them.

Wow I just reread that and I sound like a uneducated child. Too lazy to correct. I think you'll get my point
    As I said, just 3 months ago. I really wouldn't test fate too much by saying very few. That can change in the blink of an eye and personally I don't like to tempt fate when the distinct possibility exists every time the green flag flies.

Never said they were any safer or even as safe as a late model. However, of all the guys you mentioned only Bryan was killed in a midget. That IS what we're comparing here, aren't we?

In reference to the other guys you make light of, they were casualties of the bigger open wheel cars. The power to weight ratio of a full on 410 is far wider than a dirt late. In most cases they're somewhat faster and reaction times need to be quicker. Thus the possibility of injury is more acute. Just a matter of physics. Jack Hewitt is on record as saying it takes a better driver to successfully wheel an open wheel car as opposed to a late model or modified. He won races in 4 divisions of the open wheel cars and also in late models. Some guys are cut out for it and some aren't. If ya' wanna' dispute that take it up with Jack!! LOL!!

5 people a year on average? What proof do you have that that is the case or are you merely speculating again.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    How can u complain with comped tix?
    Show me where I've complained about anything but Indy and Kemper. I've only made the point that given the track record of the indoor racing we've attended, when given a choice of a near sure thing as opposed to previously untried venues inside sports complex domes in highly populated urban areas we'll opt for the near sure thing on Saturday night. The only way they were able to keep racing at Kemper throughout the evening is when they opened all the doors. Problem was temperatures were in the teens and the wind was blowing. They might as well have been racing outside. I know, I was there. It is looking increasingly like the unacceptable CO situation will be 3 for 3 unless they can find a solution over night. Let's hope they do, I'm going to be there tonight! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    Seems like something like this would work better at a stadium like in Dallas or Arizona (of course in AZ you could just race outside in December), but a stadium that had a retractable roof you could crack at times and endzones that you could crack or leave open. I doubt Jerry Jones would ever let it happen, but if the right money came along probably. They usually do Supercross/Monster Jam/Bullriding back to back weekends in February/March so that they only have to haul the dirt in and out 1 time. Talk about an event this would be at a venue where you didn't have to worry about ventilation. You'd have 1,000 modifieds show up for that thing lol. Good thing about Dallas/Atlanta is that you can get a direct flight in there from nearly any spot in the free world.
    Those stadiums you mention are being used, the goergia dome is set to be tore down.

Racing getting much better as night is going on tonight. Hats off!

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Racing getting much better as night is going on tonight. Hats off!
    Agreed. Hopefully everyone will shut up that aren't here. I'm sick of hearing whining. Let us enjoy our show, and give updates to the ones that wish they could be here.

Quote Originally Posted by cirf View Post
    as i said, just 3 months ago. I really wouldn't test fate too much by saying very few. That can change in the blink of an eye and personally i don't like to tempt fate when the distinct possibility exists every time the green flag flies.never said they were any safer or even as safe as a late model. However, of all the guys you mentioned only bryan was killed in a midget. That is what we're comparing here, aren't we?in reference to the other guys you make light of, they were casualties of the bigger open wheel cars. The power to weight ratio of a full on 410 is far wider than a dirt late. In most cases they're somewhat faster and reaction times need to be quicker. Thus the possibility of injury is more acute. Just a matter of physics. Jack hewitt is on record as saying it takes a better driver to successfully wheel an open wheel car as opposed to a late model or modified. He won races in 4 divisions of the open wheel cars and also in late models. Some guys are cut out for it and some aren't. If ya' wanna' dispute that take it up with jack!! Lol!!5 people a year on average? What proof do you have that that is the case or are you merely speculating again.show me where i've complained about anything but indy and kemper. I've only made the point that given the track record of the indoor racing we've attended, when given a choice of a near sure thing as opposed to previously untried venues inside sports complex domes in highly populated urban areas we'll opt for the near sure thing on saturday night. The only way they were able to keep racing at kemper throughout the evening is when they opened all the doors. Problem was temperatures were in the teens and the wind was blowing. They might as well have been racing outside. I know, i was there. It is looking increasingly like the unacceptable co situation will be 3 for 3 unless they can find a solution over night. Let's hope they do, i'm going to be there tonight! Lol!
    and midget brain it was race of the year