Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Watching Gateway wreckfest on DOD

Its too bad the track couldnt be a little bigger. Its just too small. I wanted this to be awesome, but so far its pretty sad. The track "wants " to be racy, but its just not big enough to race a full size car. Midgets would be awesome maybe, but LM's? It just aint cuttin it. It was a nice try, and I salute the promoters for trying. DOD's production of the race isnt bad at all. Its not CBS, but they do a pretty good job.

100 times better than Indy Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    Its too bad the track couldnt be a little bigger. Its just too small. I wanted this to be awesome, but so far its pretty sad. The track "wants " to be racy, but its just not big enough to race a full size car. Midgets would be awesome maybe, but LM's? It just aint cuttin it. It was a nice try, and I salute the promoters for trying. DOD's production of the race isnt bad at all. Its not CBS, but they do a pretty good job.
    I don't understand why they have watered and run in the top of the track over and over but have done absolutely nothing to the bottom which is causing 90 percent of the wrecks. Ben Shelton and all the other announcers can talk all they want to about them doing a good job with the track but they are NOT. I came here with an open mind despite all the negativity. I just told someone that was coming tomorrow to just save their money and stay at the house.

Haha. Well ok. Then Indy must be pretty bad. STL is my hometown, and I want it to be a good event.....Im not whining....im just being honest. Actually i think the turns is just so tight, its causing alot of wrecks. I dunno...maybe it will improve, however at the moment, this isnt exactly good racing.

I wonder how many drivers have actually raced on a small track like this. Wrecks are going to happen so, better get used to it.

The drivers asked them to to leave the bottom alone and continue to work the top. That's why!!. By the way it's working!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shagger View Post
    I don't understand why they have watered and run in the top of the track over and over but have done absolutely nothing to the bottom which is causing 90 percent of the wrecks. Ben Shelton and all the other announcers can talk all they want to about them doing a good job with the track but they are NOT. I came here with an open mind despite all the negativity. I just told someone that was coming tomorrow to just save their money and stay at the house.
    It would be stupid to touch the bottom, you want the bottom to slick off unless you want to see a freight train around the bottom.

My god I have never seen a group of people complain so much about something like this event. Get a life.... Peeps

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    My god I have never seen a group of people complain so much about something like this event. Get a life.... Peeps
    It's working? Over 100 cautions. What a bunch of dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by 93Nelson View Post
    It's 4m.
    The racing is pretty good and it looks like the show is gonna be over at a decent time. People LOVE to complain.

Naw your the dumbass.... sitting behind your (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) computer and do nothing but complain. This many cars coming through the heats your gonna have cautions. On a bigger track most would be single car cautions. Track like this u collect a few. No biggie, no real damage.. line up and go. U make it out
    To be this big ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by shagger View Post
    It's working? Over 100 cautions. What a bunch of dumbasses.
    You should have gone and shown everyone how it's done then.

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    It's 4m.
    The racing is pretty good and it looks like the show is gonna be over at a decent time. People LOVE to complain.
    Ya I know but it's been another level of complaining.

One car has rolled......I'd call that a wreckfest too. If you don't like it.....shut it off and quit complaining about.

The racing has been awesome. A bunch of bent sheet metal, and flat tires. Sounds like short track racing to me.

This has been awesome to watch. Racing has been good. Track is different which makes it fun. Wish I was down there and I hope this works out so it happens again so I could go.
    Last edited by 93Nelson; 12-16-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Very good show/event.... they have done everything possible to make this show a success.

I had a ticket for the entire weekend but, decided to hang around home and see how the first year went. I'm now thinking about making the drive up tomorrow. This is great.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare_begins View Post
    Very good show/event.... they have done everything possible to make this show a success.
    I am not behind a computer. I am here smart one!!a trip that is going to cost me about 8-9 hundred dollars. !

I am here too!

Here all weekend. This is one awesome event!!! Don't know one here that think it's bad.

Shagger not sure where your from or what kind of race fan u are. I am a traveler... I do very few local shows, unless they are hosting a series. All I'm saying is ive seen races at Belle Claire and Macon which is the same size as this track. The racing is tight but exciting just like it has been tonight. I think you would have to agree there has been some darn good racing tonight??