Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Tony Izzo....The standards in our sport is definitely changing !!

Facebook post from last night.....Thoughts?

Examples
    1- Take as long as we want to run a show
    2- Don't worry about torn up race cars as long as the show is good
    3- pre charge everyone to come race
    4- raise all my concession prices by 50pct
    5- charge more to get in
    6- Run a lot less laps
    7- let yellow after yellow destroy the show
    I could go on and on but before everyone wants to jump my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) I talk to a ton of people in this industry and I'm not alone on this I'm just the only one passionate enough about are sport and the integrity of it a lot of your favorite drivers took the let's wait and see approach because of these simple reasons all I'm trying to say is it's a slap in the face to a lot of us that has been held to a different standard by the fans and drivers for the last 40 years !!

Again I'm happy that the fan is happy and that the coverage team thinks it's the greatest thing they ever seen I really am but I hope that someday things get back to normal these novelty events may destroy what we all once thought was awesome I do t want to have to tear up cars and let guys run over each other to make my show great sorry !

We talk at every promoters meetings how do we keep the cost down for the racer so the fan doesn't have to keep paying more to get in well I'm here to tell you this stuff and races like Rockford last year are not keeping cost down for anyone !

Do you think it's good that the money being made on this race at the concessions and gates leaves are sport and doesn't get put back in ?

You all are making my point not fair to hold me to a standard I could not get away with what is going on this weekend you all know that so stop yourselfs.

Guys your missing it not trying to make it something it wasn't I'm simply saying there were a lot of things about this race and others like it that we don't talk about for whatever reasons it's simply guys really it is
    You would not allow me to run that long of a event
    Allow them to race
    In the infield
    Charge what they charged
    That's all I'm saying !!

And what you are all telling me is I can go rent a facility anywhere and charge whatever it takes to cover my cost and charge whatever for beer and food and if the races take all night long and the race cars get torn up etc it's ok because I rented a venue that I knew would be like this wow !

Also when we make money as a track we put it back into the track and hope it helps us stay open another year when we let anyone come in to are sport get all these sponsors to pay the bills and then walks off with there pockets full and it don't go back in to the sport in any way yes that's a problem with me and should be with you to !

Dirt track racing is not stronger because of these events trust me the money leaves the sport guys
    Farmer city has had the Illini for how many years now and not to blam them but they have nothing to show for it because they let someone come in and take the money out of the sport basically and if you don't believe me ask them and ask them if that isn't why there doing there own big show this year we can't keep letting the money leave the sport and keep making the Rich richer and the rest of us struggling to keep are gates open because we are held to a standard that others are not
    Last edited by ptown; 12-17-2016 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    Facebook post from last night.....Thoughts?

Examples
    1- Take as long as we want to run a show
    2- Don't worry about torn up race cars as long as the show is good
    3- pre charge everyone to come race
    4- raise all my concession prices by 50pct
    5- charge more to get in
    6- Run a lot less laps
    7- let yellow after yellow destroy the show
    I could go on and on but before everyone wants to jump my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) I talk to a ton of people in this industry and I'm not alone on this I'm just the only one passionate enough about are sport and the integrity of it a lot of your favorite drivers took the let's wait and see approach because of these simple reasons all I'm trying to say is it's a slap in the face to a lot of us that has been held to a different standard by the fans and drivers for the last 40 years !!

Again I'm happy that the fan is happy and that the coverage team thinks it's the greatest thing they ever seen I really am but I hope that someday things get back to normal these novelty events may destroy what we all once thought was awesome I do t want to have to tear up cars and let guys run over each other to make my show great sorry !

We talk at every promoters meetings how do we keep the cost down for the racer so the fan doesn't have to keep paying more to get in well I'm here to tell you this stuff and races like Rockford last year are not keeping cost down for anyone !

Do you think it's good that the money being made on this race at the concessions and gates leaves are sport and doesn't get put back in ?

You all are making my point not fair to hold me to a standard I could not get away with what is going on this weekend you all know that so stop yourselfs.

Guys your missing it not trying to make it something it wasn't I'm simply saying there were a lot of things about this race and others like it that we don't talk about for whatever reasons it's simply guys really it is
    You would not allow me to run that long of a event
    Allow them to race
    In the infield
    Charge what they charged
    That's all I'm saying !!

And what you are all telling me is I can go rent a facility anywhere and charge whatever it takes to cover my cost and charge whatever for beer and food and if the races take all night long and the race cars get torn up etc it's ok because I rented a venue that I knew would be like this wow !

Also when we make money as a track we put it back into the track and hope it helps us stay open another year when we let anyone come in to are sport get all these sponsors to pay the bills and then walks off with there pockets full and it don't go back in to the sport in any way yes that's a problem with me and should be with you to !

Dirt track racing is not stronger because of these events trust me the money leaves the sport guys
    Farmer city has had the Illini for how many years now and not to blam them but they have nothing to show for it because they let someone come in and take the money out of the sport basically and if you don't believe me ask them and ask them if that isn't why there doing there own big show this year we can't keep letting the money leave the sport and keep making the Rich richer and the rest of us struggling to keep are gates open because we are held to a standard that others are not
    This coming from a guy that has many times let a show last for hours longer than it should have?
    A guy that does not have any kind of tech (and has been known to fire tech people for inspecting a car he didn't authorize)?
    A guy that kisses the backside of the big money guys while treating guys who are there every week like crap?
    From a guy who has been known to run out of food before heat races are over?
    From a guy who cut his schedule back to only include bigger shows? Most promoters use the money made on such events to keep the weekly program going. This guy chose to run only shows he can make money on and NOT run a weekly show.

Tell me who is in it for the money and who is in it for the love of the sport, Mr Izzo

93 SNL race......3 intermissions so they could replace 2 motors your son grenades. It's all about the sport, isn't it Tony. We were young parents, first night out after having a baby 4 months before. Took 17 years for me to go back......I won't be back again.

First off like any special event the fan knows prices will be higher. The venue sets the prices for food not the promoter. I'm referring to the dome/convention center..... the pre sale of tickets I understand that to, cause he had to know if there would be enough interest for the idea to even work. As far as sponsors making money... well don't they need a return on investment?? How much ROI do they get at your local track?? Here I'm not sure either but the real winner is dirt track racing and that's something we should all be happy about!

Didn't Mr Izzo charge $30 for a $5000 sn show this year, and the show he did run last til almost midnight with all the support classes.

sounds like sour grapes to me as far as cars being torn up most of is sheet metal and that happens on 1/5 miles duh

Looks like Mr. Izzo had too much egg nog before he wrote this and his send. Wonder if he really thought this out before he wrote this up. For all his valid points there are more to laugh at. Another example of how social media can make you look like a fool.

Thumbs up

Sounds like some of you don't understand what he's trying to say.
    This event in St. Louis is merely a novelty like the chili bowl, Ft. Wayne Rumble, ect..

Instead of letting money leave the sport we need to put it back into out sport. If / when a track makes money they should try to put it back into the track or a payout.

Here is an example. Instead of having a 2-day $30k - $50k event. Divide that in half and have 2 separate show on back to back days; I.e. instead of a 2-day $30k to win & $2k to start show make it 2 separate show paying $15k to win and $1k to start. Give the racers more chances to make a buck. Got to have a better way of putting money back into our sport and not let the money leave.
    When / if the track makes any money they should try to put it back into the facility / track or the payouts during the year.

Got to get back to the basics. Events like this don't make any money. Imagine what it cost to put on this show.
    Yes the racing is great and the fans and driver like it; but I think there should have been some kind of tow money involved. How many of you have an idea of what if might have cost a team to be there this weekend.
    I agree with Izzo. He d@mn near hit the nail on the head. I don't believe there are may people like Tony. He generally cares about the sport. He lives, sleeps, and breathes it. It's a passion he has. He reminds me of my self and some of my friends.

QUESTION - How many of you actually understand what he is trying to say here?
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

They paid 5 k in both features and it's the second ever event like that indoors and novelty events are great in the winter time

I'm a Tony Izzo supporter - would consider LaSalle my home track. I truly believe he cares about our sport. I support him and will continue to attend each and every race he promotes. His ideas may not make everyone happy, but at least he's got balls enough to let everyone know what he's thinking.

That's true very but why b@tch now the chili bowl has ran for over 30 years and some say it is the greatest event since slice bread , some puts a stock car event inside and no its bad

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 56GWebbfan View Post
    I'm a Tony Izzo supporter - would consider LaSalle my home track. I truly believe he cares about our sport. I support him and will continue to attend each and every race he promotes. His ideas may not make everyone happy, but at least he's got balls enough to let everyone know what he's thinking.
    Absolutely agree. I don' believe there are many people like Tony. He truly cares about racing
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

There was alot money and time spent to have that novelty event maybe he doesn't realize that

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Sounds like some of you don't understand what he's trying to say.
    This event in St. Louis is merely a novelty like the chili bowl, Ft. Wayne Rumble, ect..

Instead of letting money leave the sport we need to put it back into out sport. If / when a track makes money they should try to put it back into the track or a payout.

Here is an example. Instead of having a 2-day $30k - $50k event. Divide that in half and have 2 separate show on back to back days; I.e. instead of a 2-day $30k to win & $2k to start show make it 2 separate show paying $15k to win and $1k to start. Give the racers more chances to make a buck. Got to have a better way of putting money back into our sport and not let the money leave.
    When / if the track makes any money they should try to put it back into the facility / track or the payouts during the year.

Got to get back to the basics. Events like this don't make any money. Imagine what it cost to put on this show.
    Yes the racing is great and the fans and driver like it; but I think there should have been some kind of tow money involved. How many of you have an idea of what if might have cost a team to be there this weekend.
    I agree with Izzo. He d@mn near hit the nail on the head. I don't believe there are may people like Tony. He generally cares about the sport. He lives, sleeps, and breathes it. It's a passion he has. He reminds me of my self and some of my friends.

QUESTION - How many of you actually understand what he is trying to say here?
    Big money shows have made promoters greedy and Izzo is A #1 example of that! He wants the good nights that make money and to heck with the weekly show that may take some of that profit away. THAT is not loving the sport! That is what is killing the sport. Ridding the sport of weekly races eliminates the entry level classes and before long it will only be the folks with deep pockets who can afford to get into racing. You say you understand his point and nobody else does, but you say events like this don't make money. That contradicts exactly what Tony said, that events like this take money away from the sport. Tony even said that the promoter "pockets" the money.
    I know exactly what Tony is saying and it is a PERSONAL deal to him, as he does not like his ex brother in law, Cody. That's the extent of it.

Ahh that sheds some light to the problem

My thought is that if he can't follow the basic rules of grammar and compose something that makes sense, I don't really see the need to spend a lot of time regarding him as a subject matter expert.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    My thought is that if he can't follow the basic rules of grammar and compose something that makes sense, I don't really see the need to spend a lot of time regarding him as a subject matter expert.
    Some of us weren't good in English class and what it takes to compose a correct sentence, that doesn't mean he shouldn't say what's on his mind. Some of what he says I agree with other things I don't agree.

but when you don't the facts and what and how it was put on, also Tony raced many a Sunday nights on a track as small or smaller back in the 90s's
    Last edited by calverton; 12-17-2016 at 11:44 AM.

The only thing ruining the sport are the people constantly complaining about it on social media posts.

This show doesn't take anything away from our sport. How can you complain about a dirt track race? Because it isn't your race and money going in your pocket?