Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just like the guy that said i make the best dam horse whip in the world .. Dont mean a thing when no one makes a horse buggy no more...It on its way that there will be 3 tracks that run lates in each state and them being mostly the ones to get the big shows.. the rest that stay open will run mods and SS and 1 or 2 other class...Nascar killed the small tracks and now it happen to dirt Lates.....

Enjoyable time at dome tony... Love ur track but ur views are skewed way too much for average fan. I don't have a FB cuz I'm scared of getting hammed up and posting true thoughts... Quit drinking or we will all drive past and go to fals
    Last edited by WisWildManFan; 12-18-2016 at 01:51 AM.

maybe Mr TONY should try this kinda a thing next how about it tony, that being that event took alot of work to pull it off now comes the fun part to clean the place up

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Well he is right about a lot of things running all night long being the biggest this has killed a lot of tracks as far as saturday night racing pay a decent purse get your race track right and the cars and fans will come most tracks want to pay what they were paying 15 to 20 years ago that want get it now days you have to put on a show to get people to come.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Coming from a guy who has canceled several Friday shows of a 2 day event after seeing low attendance. Keep preaching ab how u love hillary and watch ur schedule get shorter ya fat midget
    Don't you remember? The track was moving was why they cancelled.

just a thought wasn't the Dream or World a novelty at one point? also agree with poster long long weekly shows hurt tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    just a thought wasn't the Dream or World a novelty at one point? also agree with poster long long weekly shows hurt tracks.
    The Chili Bowl was a novelty at one time too.
    Look at it now......

Gimmick, novelty, whatever. It was racing in December, hanging out with my friends and having an enjoyable time!
    The racing was what it was, reminded me of Macon. You know there's gonna be lots of cautions until the herd gets thinned down a bit, then it's game on.
    The feature Friday was great. Saturday was good... I've seen way worse.

As with any first time venture, I'm sure there will be things that will be done different next time but there were many things I thought they did very well.

I hope the promoter made a killing and this event grows into something even bigger and better!! A big thanks to all that made this event happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    I'll start off by saying that Tony Izzo has no right to complain about someone who puts on a big race and pockets the money. Tony sold out his long time weekly competitors so he could make more $. As far as the fans saving their money and staying home from the weekly show so they can attend the big shows, Tony was a part of that also. They have put on big late model races for years and have taken the weekly fan from other tracks that saved their money to go to the LaSalle race, he didnt care then!! Special events PERIOD have ruined the weekly tracks, it has nothing to do with "novelty" events.
    As far as sitting down and discussing things with Tony, there is no discussing anything with that man. If you actually knew him I wouldn't have to tell you that.

Tony has only 2 real issues with this race:

1) He's not making the money from it.
    2) He does not like Cody.

That's it
    3) He was probably drunk

I heard Izzo has obtained a large sponsor for his point fund next year... From Smucker's. That nigg@ jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    I heard Izzo has obtained a large sponsor for his point fund next year... From Smucker's. That nigg@ jelly.
    Classy.....

plus a stadium got some use this weekend after the Sorry azz Rams left town and still can't win a game

Let me ask you all this.
    Remember all the hype around the races at Bristol it was going to change are sport forever. What happen?
    I can see some still don't get it an never will.
    - - -
    How many of you still support your local tracks during weekly shows (The 2 or 3 track with in your area) and not just go to big races when ever one is in the area?
    Not trying to fight; just asking..
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I go to 4 tracks in my area less than an hour away all the time and never will stop in fact the one track was helping put on this event there are sometimes I would rather go to the local show over a big show or a combo

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    the HBO and Kings royal also

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    Let me ask you all this.
    Remember all the hype around the races at Bristol it was going to change are sport forever. What happen?
    - - -
    How many of you still support your local tracks during weekly shows (The 2 or 3 track with in your area) and not just go to big races when ever one is in the area?

Well,I used to support my local race track. It's 16miles from my shop. But now it only races big paying events that charge me more for a pit pass but without much of a payout increase. So now I travel almost 2hrs or more on a weekend to race at other IL tracks who pay us our winnings at the end of the evening and thank us for coming. Feeling wanted is sometimes just as big of a deal as a racer.

Let me ask you all this.
    - - -
    Why is it such an issue with you and this Izzo guy as to why someone puts their own/sponsors money, reputation, and countless hours of work on the line to try and put on a show for the fans and drives in the middle of Winter when it affects zero other tracks or promoters??
    By all accounts I've read and people I have talked to they were very pleased with what they saw and are looking forward to going again. Yes they said there were some issues but name me one race or track that has ever been perfect.
    I'm guessing there is more to this deal than what is being laid out here.....

Let me ask you all this.
    - - -
    LOL. Oh, I get it! Tony has no room to complain about any of this. If you had attended weekly shows there on a regular basis, you'd understand what others are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    LOL. Oh, I get it! Tony has no room to complain about any of this. If you had attended weekly shows there on a regular basis, you'd understand what others are saying.
    I do not attend weekly shows anymore, and that only started happening 3 years ago. When you have a promoter that is a drunk and some of his former helpers run off drivers and fans. I have no intentions to show up. Nothing has changed for the better. One night I remember the promoter decided to run his own tow truck. Sure as heck their was a wreck, he stepped out of the truck and about 8 empty beers cans fell out. Just to save a buck, what a joke. I have seen enough SH!T shows in my life. Time to hit the BIG SHOWS.